Spyder Garage

Default Lamonster 2" riser install - how did you get enough slack wiring ?

I have ordered the 2" block riser from Lamonster. I watched the video on the install. In the video he says if the wiring bundle coming from each side of the handle bars is to short to get the handle bars onto the riser just take off the side plastic and you can see the wires and unclip some zip ties. This was done on a unit with analog gauges so it is not like the 2020. Getting ready for the install I took my handle bars off and the wiring bundles have very little if any play. The bundles do not to down the side (that I can see anyway). If there is anyone who has installed the Lamonster riser on a unit with digital gauges how did you get the wiring bundle to give you slack. Again this is on a unit with digital gauges not the analog gauges. Are the wires behind something on the right side before I can see them?

Spyder Garage

I installed helibars on my 2020RT and I needed to pull more cable to do that. The wires are long enough - you just need to find where they are tied to the bike and clip the plastic wire ties.
    2021 Sea To Sky, 2020 RTL

Isn't it weird that in AMERICA our flag and our culture offend so many people......
    but our benefits don't?
    2015 F3S , White & Blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Worked fine on my 2020RTL, What model spyder are you having trouble mounting this 2" riser?

Spyder Garage

Here is a snip I took from someone else's post. I used this when I put the reduced reach bars on my 2020RT. I wish I could remember who the original poster was. He deserves all the credit -- it sure helped me!

If you remove the right hand speaker cover next to the glove box, you'll find the zip tie. The speaker cover comes off super easy, but you have to be careful. You remove it by pinching with your fingers and gently pulling up on the inside portion. You'll see the mounting tabs and how to reinstall. Underneath the speaker cover is obviously, the speaker. However, the speaker can't be removed easily because of the plastic dash and the speaker is located inside of a plastic housing that partially blocks access to the wire harness.

The harness runs underneath the handlebars. The left side wires route to the right side, and the right and left side harnesses are zip-tied together on the right side. The zip tie is anchored to the frame by way of a plastic and metal clip that I couldn't easily dislodge. I cut the zip tie using a long bladed scissor. This must be done SUPER carefully so you don't nip the wires. However, once done you can gently pull enough slack wire to finish the job.

Main bar clamp 21#
    control clamp 7#
    Head in the game, eyes down the road... 2020RT
    Spyder Tryke Pylot
    2020 RT , Lamonster extender Petrol

Spyder Garage

Thanks ButterSmooth that is exactly what I was looking for.

Spyder Garage

Well got the speaker grill off and yes I can see the wires. Mine has a plastic clip the mounts onto another piece of plastic and closer to the handle bars are two metal bands. No zip ties. I was able to cut one of the bands but the other is just in a place I can't get to. The riser is due today and if I can't get enough wire I will have to send it back. Hate to do that but I am not taking the whole dash off. I have a call into Lamonster and hopefully they will have an idea.

Spyder Garage

You may be able to pull enough slack thru the clamp to give you JUST enough to swing the bar back into the riser. I was able to do that without cutting any ties or clamps.
    '20 Spyder RT: Bajaron swaybar. Vredestein tires, Pedal Commander, Elka front shocks, GPS/USB/12V handlebar mount, Heli-Bars, Radar Detector, KOTT grills & vents, Shad top case, chin & DRL LEDs.
    2020 RT base , Chalk White

Spyder Garage

Mine wasn’t easy to do but I stayed with it. Cut the back of my right hand in that speaker cavity but it’s worth it. I installed the short reach factory bar and was a game changer.
    Doug 2020 RTL F3 Short reach bars -factory backrest
    K9CRT Ham Radio
    Sold 5/27/2021 Spyder just wasn’t for me. Went back to Goldwing

Spyder Garage

I installed the Lamonster riser block on my 2020 RTL in a few minutes with no issue with current cable length.

Spyder Garage

Installation complete thanks for the help and input

Spyder Garage

Not looking for any credit, but I posted pics of the above subject when I installed ROX risers shortly after purchasing my '20 RTL. Just hoped it would help someone else.

Spyder Garage

Hey Doc,
    All that help and discussion, and all we get is an 8 word sentence informing us installation is complete. Come on Bro; the suspense is palpable. LOL! You gotta let us know if you like it. And, if it was worth the work and such.
    Big Lenny