Spyder Garage

Default A new ride for us

I will start by saying...I did not bring the camera again...but I will next time. Yesterday was our warmest day so far this Spring. The temps got to 84 degrees on our ride.

We ended up going 166 miles total in a large loop trip. We are now starting to explore some of the secondary roads off of the secondary roads. We still do not ride on dirt or gravel...pavement or nothing.

You can get an atlas and follow along if you are so inclined.

A week or so ago, we did a smaller square in miles. When we got to Kingston we turned onto 412. There is another option there. One can turn left onto 74. 74 is one of those AR highways that quits, and then shows up again several miles away. We decided to take the 74 fork in the road. Eventually, it connects with AR 23. We went left (South) and connected with 16. Then headed East. An interesting piece of road. Although directional bearing mostly east, it also went both N and S. When we got to Fallville, we had a choice N or S. We took the N fork and got back on 21 which took us back to our starting point (Boxley Valley).

The road was VERY deserted. Did not see many cars at all. Actually saw about 10 regular motorcycles. They were out in force. Also saw three Spyders on the early part of the journey. Two flavors of scenery. The first part was scenic farms and valleys. The farms were "older" looking than we have been accustomed to seeing. Lots more accumulations of "stuff." The Hwy 16 portion went through mostly "scrub" forest. We have a lot of forest in AR. (19 million acres). Felt like I was driving on MN Hwy 1 out of Ely. That is a wilderness ride for sure. We went through one town where two of the buildings in the town were flying Confederate flags.

I am a fan of broken down and weathered barns and other farm buildings. Each ride gives many to view. I know, I know, I have to start taking some pictures. I used to paint pictures, and I have no limit for the subject matter here. I brought all my stuff when we moved...just need to get a fire lit under me to jump in again.

We are now getting fired up for more of the secondary, secondary rides. Come join us if your in the area.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 03-29-2021 at 07:09 AM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

My neighbor and I will be heading down to Arkansas in a few weeks for a 4 day trip. We will hit the Pig'sTrail, Dragon, Magazine Mountan and Peel's Ferry. Two days total time in Arkansas.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Scotts8826 View Post
    My neighbor and I will be heading down to Arkansas in a few weeks for a 4 day trip. We will hit the Pig'sTrail, Dragon, Magazine Mountan and Peel's Ferry. Two days total time in Arkansas.
    All good stuff. We have not found a bad ride yet in NW AR. We are going to go to Magazine Mountain for sure this summer.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ARtraveler View Post
    We are going to go to Magazine Mountain for sure this summer.
    A frequent ride for me. The road on the south side has some nice tight curves.
    2018 RT , Pearl White

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Scotts8826 View Post
    You will be very near the " Mark Twain " forest ( 125 ? ) .... google map highway " H " it runs parallel to 125 .... way better than the dragon or 125 ..... Mike

Spyder Garage

ARtraveler,
    Are you new to Arkansas? Just wondering, because you had said this was a new ride for y'all.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BigLenny View Post
    ARtraveler,
    Are you new to Arkansas? Just wondering, because you had said this was a new ride for y'all.
    Yes, we moved here in May of 2019. Spent the previous 19 years in Alaska. There, I was known as akspyderman.

2020 F3L , Magma Red