Have just purchased a new to me 2-14 Spyder RT LE with 9K Kms on the clock. Have had a few rides in the last 24 hours and have done some 250K Kms, solo and two-up. Coming from Goldwings. Ride is excellent, quality of finish is quite good, all round very enjoyable. Not much to do to this Spyder. Original owner put the beefier sway bar on, upgraded the handlebars to the tri axis handlebars, and I think a few other items. Only annoyance and I will find a work around for it, is the brake pedal is in the wrong spot for me.

Have looked into oil/filter change, HCM/transmission filter, fuel filter, and checking air cleaner. Will be doing over the next month. Have to schedule in between getting a V-Strom and Goldwing ready to sell. Plugs should be good.

Have ordered a set of passenger arm rests for the Mrs. Looking at a trailer hitch for my N-Line trailer as well.

Will be looking at replacing the front shocks and upgrading to the Elka stage 2 shocks for the RT. Looked at Baja Ron shock adjusters at $185.00 USD - $233.00 CDN pls shipping, taxes/duty. The Elka shocks are just shy of $1K CDN plus tax and shipping I would imagine - out of Boucherville Quebec. Looking at time, tooling and such, the Elka shocks are a better way ahead, and considering the Kms on this Spyder, do it now and enjoy the change. Keep the OEM shocks for a time when the Elka shocks may need to be rebuilt.

Not intimidated with removing the plastic, have owned - now sold, an '08 GL1800, have a '95 GL1500 and an '85 GL1200 Limited Edition Goldwing.

Will be browsing the forum for information on doing this maintenance/work.

Cheers