Spyder Garage

Default Touch up paint for RT wheels.

I have a 2016 RTSE6 with silver wheels. I ran into something on the road the other day that put two small scrapes on two of my spokes. Does anybody know of a touch up paint, either rattle can or brush that I could blend in to those dings? Thanks so much, Peter

Spyder Garage

Eureka, I actually found it. In my days of being a golf professional, I had touch up paint that I would use on various clubs. I finally had a positive synapse in my brain and remembered they were still in my shop in a drawer. Here is the paint. It is a paint marker from Testers that looks like a felt tip pen only it contains enamel paint. The name is silver argent, Code 2546. I put it on a piece of paper and held it out in the sun against my wheel and it seem to match perfectly. In the next couple days I will actually apply it. And my wife thinks I’m a hoarder!

Spyder Garage

As a follow-up, today was a good 78° day which I thought would be perfect for trying the touch up paint on my one wheel. When I first put it on it looked liked it had too much metal flake. But after my two hour ride today and allowing the paint to completely dry it is probably the best match I have seen for touch up paint in a long time. I certainly am going to put it in the refrigerator to keep it cool until I need it again. Happy Easter to all.