Spyder Garage

Default Tying Spyder down in Toy Hauler? Tie down location wrong...

I have a situation in ny Toy hauler with the tie downs not being in the correct place to be able to tie the front wheels correctly. The other problem is installation of more tie downs is not feasible.Has anyone been faced with this and what suggestions could you give me. Thanks

Spyder Garage

They make many different types of paint that contain crystals or sand for better traction. Also they make an appliqué that would work. I’m sure if you look online you’ll be able to find what you want. Good luck.

Spyder Garage

I guess I would have to ask why it's not feasible to install more tie downs? They make some nice wheel chocks out there, and make some threaded nut inserts that you can screw into wood , then thread a bolt threw them, when not used they are flush with the floor!! Maybe pictures of your rig would help us help you!!
    2012 RTL , Pearl

Spyder Garage

If you have wide set tie downs in the floor you might have to make a adapter pipe of rectangular tube that spans the existing tie downs and provides other strap attachment points.
    2018 RT Ltd - Asphalt Metallic - East Valley of Phoenix
    2018 RT Ltd Chrome - Champagne Metallic - Lake Stevens, Wa

(Champagne/Hooker) Magic Mirrors, 360 LED head lights, BajaRon sway bar, H&R springs and shock adjusters, dash cam, foam grips, third brake light 4 LED strobe for 7 seconds and then on steady, rear LED turn signals/8 ohm 50W resistors, sequential turn signals on front fenders, Vredestein and PPA Orb wheels on front and General out back, and driver backrest.

Things that move between machines: Ikea sheep skins, Zumo XT GPS, and extra tools. Hooker is going to be my summer trike up North; and Hookie my winter trike down South.

(Asphalt/Hookie) Elka shocks on front - BajaRon sway bar, OEM driver's backrest, LED headlights, dual USB with voltmeter, dash cam, foam grips - Magic Mirrors - front tires Vredestein Quatrac SL on PPA ORB Chrome wheels.

Spyder Garage

Try tying down the rear wheel. Run the strap over the center of the tire. One tie down in front of the tire and one just to the rear of the tire. Hopefully there will be no holding tanks in the way of the two D rings. If you have a 2020 or newer, you will have to cut off approx 6" of mud flap to be able to ratchet it down.
    2020 RTL Chrome Marsala Red

Spyder Garage

Not for a Spyder, but a Harley in a previous toy hauler. I mounted a Condor wheel chock to a 2X2 heavy aluminum angle about 3 feet long. Cut slots in the base of the angle to slip over the rings on the existing tie downs. Put carabiners through the part of the ring that stood above the slots in the angle to keep the whole thing from moving. Drilled the upright piece of the aluminum for eye bolts to hold the tie down hooks from the bike. My current setup in a 7X14 enclosed trailer uses 2 Condor chocks for the front wheels simply drilled and bolted to the floor.

Spyder Garage

I made my own version of these. Look at the spyder picture and then skim through their site. It doesn’t matter where the tie downs are.
    https://www.boltiton.com/sport-bike-installation/

“Born to Ride......Ride to Live....MOATER ON !
    “Current ride: 2017 RT Limited”