Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Hi Monk. Well that sucks to hear that! I want to use my ipod shuffle for recorded music. But what's the use if I can't use handlebar controls to skip forward etc.! The little plug won't even fit into my shuffle. I'm very disappointed. The Indian bike had "the best" electronics ever. I'm stuck because of a bad left knee replacement and bad balance. I love my favorite music when I ride and it's not working out with the Spyder. I've owned it 2 weeks now using the bikes radio. YUCK! Sorry to be complaining, but I'm frustrated.

Spyder Garage

Hi Mike0123, I'm not familiar with using a data blocker and I don't wear a helmet. Does The way you are hooked up permit the GPS to transmit through the Spyder speakers even though not showing up visually? As I stated earlier, I used a memory stick and a ipod shuffle at different times for my music. Neither one will work now. I'm "old school" , I like my country rock loud. LOL

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by gg194 View Post
    I'm old and don't understand why any of this is important. Only had my radio on once by accident and had to keep pushing buttons until it quit. Don't use the GPS either, did plug it in once but it's way to complicated for me. Of course I have trouble answering my phone.
    If I can't use GPS(I'm directionally challenged according to my buddies), and can't listen to music, then I might as well stay at home.

Spyder Garage

No mistake at all. You'll find you can probably sit on your Spyder all day without discomfort, unlike just about any motorcycle.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by TerrySpyder View Post
    No mistake at all. You'll find you can probably sit on your Spyder all day without discomfort, unlike just about any motorcycle.
    Ok Terry Spyder, I guess if I don't get phone and ipod shuffle to work, then I'll just sit on Spyder in my garage next to my Victory Cross Country (I kept it) and play my music through the Vic with the Shuffle. LOL just kidding.

Spyder Garage

Check a Best Buy or other electronic store for an adapter plug for your Ipod. I had to get one for my wife's and for mine but they work just fine with the adapter, we can use the handlebar controls.
    Dave....

2016 Red/Black F3T w/ Audio
    Bajha Ron Swaybar, BRP driving lights
    F4 Windshield, Ultimate Tallboy Seat
    BRP Passenger Backrest
    Custom Dynamics fender lights
    Tricled Rear Bag lights w/ Flashing Brake Modulator
    Wolo Horn, Lamonster's Bungee Buttons
    Spyderpops Bumper Skid

Spyder Garage

My experience has been identical to JohnRuckus. I was able to get the phone paired to the bike, and have never opened the BRP app again. I have a Ram mount for the phone, so I use it for GPS.
    Now, SpyderJerry; I was like you. I switched from years of riding two wheelers to the Spyder this past October, and while my wife and I have enjoyed the Spidey so far (she loves it), I have had times of missing the feelings, and sensations of all of the characteristics that a two wheeled motorcycle brings. I'm getting more and more accustomed to the Spyder, and really like the heck out of it though. It's a superb machine.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MNBK View Post
    Check a Best Buy or other electronic store for an adapter plug for your Ipod. I had to get one for my wife's and for mine but they work just fine with the adapter, we can use the handlebar controls.
    Ok, that's sounds good to me. I'll go to best buy store and get the adapter. Thanks for the info.

Spyder Garage

Hi Big Lenny,Yep I miss the 2 wheels but I'm sure I'll get used to the Spyder. Three of us rode this past evening for some pizza. A Indian Chieftain just like the bike I traded for the Spyder, a new '21 Gold Wing DCT, and me on the Spyder. The Indian had nice sounding pipes. I miss that sound already. I did manage to get my phone paired up to Bluetooth though.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SPYDERJERRY1 View Post
    Traded Indian Chieftain Deluxe for 2020 Spyder Limited for health reasons. BUT!! The Indian
    was super easy to connect android phone Bluetooth. I used phone for Google maps, music.
    Also used a memory stick loaded with music. All of it hooked up through Indian controls and speakers!
    No such luck with BRP connect. I don't want to use BRP Connect. I haven't heard much good about it.. HELP PLEASE. Also can't get phone bluetooth paired up.
    I'll answer my own thread. YES!! I MADE A HUGE MISTAKE!... BRP Connect absolutely sucks. I can't use my USB stick or my ipod nano with my songs on it, like I could with the Indian and Victory using handlebar controls. No front brake hand lever....and every time I ride it, it feels like I'm in a "windstorm"! The electronics and horrible wind "buffeting" are terrible.