Spyder Garage

Red face Purchase question - which of these would you recommend?

2 RT LTDs for sale - a 2015 with 6,000 kms and a 2018 with 35,000 kms. Same price - which would you buy if you rode about 10,000 kms per year?

Spyder Garage

Many things to consider in addition to price. They both have the same engine and transmission. The 18 has the new style dashboard, BRP Connect and would utilize BUDS2 for maintenance. The 15 does not have BRP Connect, "may" not have the Bluetooth dongle and would utilize BUDS. Check out tires and all maintenance records. What upgrades do they have? (swaybar, shock adjusters, etc), and what optional equipment do they have. Good luck! Either one would be enjoyable to ride. (I had a 2015 RTL and now ride a 2020 RTL).
    2020 RT Limited , Marsala Red

Spyder Garage

Also, do either have the extended warranty?
    Surface level answer, I'd go with the newer if both do have the extended warranty. However, Jet makes valid points.

Spyder Garage

No warranty on either one - thanks

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

18 gonna be worth more

Spyder Garage

I'd likely go with the newer Spyder b/c it is newer even though there is less mechanical wear on the '15. It's almost 7 years old.
    Check auto/cycletrader and see what prices are like. Inquire with a dealer regarding trade-in value. Also check KBB.com to get a good idea of costs/value.
    There could be a lot variables that you didn't provide such as accessories, body condition, tire condition, and maintenance records.

SpyderLovers Ambassador Little Blue's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default What to do?

Well, what do you think about buying the 2015 vs 2018? Write up a list of plus and minus for each. Do your homework and find your own best deal.

Several good Tips have been presented from others.

Good Luck on Your Mission. .....
    ENJOY YOUR LIFE WITH A SPYDER
    Ryde with a Friend and be Safe

My Spyder .....'Little Blue-Boy'
    2016 RT Limited , Orbital Blue

Spyder Garage

Super low mileage is not necessarily a good thing on a 6 or 7 year old Spyder. I would go with the 18. I thought I wanted the older dash until we bought the new to us 2018 last fall. With the lastest firmware update it shows DTE in large numbers in the center for the left side display. I have that and the trip A mileage showing at the bottom of the left display!
    2018 RT Ltd - Asphalt Metallic - East Valley of Phoenix
    2018 RT Ltd Chrome - Champagne Metallic - Lake Stevens, Wa

(Champagne/Hooker) Magic Mirrors, 360 LED head lights, BajaRon sway bar, H&R springs and shock adjusters, dash cam, foam grips, third brake light 4 LED strobe for 7 seconds and then on steady, rear LED turn signals/8 ohm 50W resistors, sequential turn signals on front fenders, Vredestein and PPA Orb wheels on front and General out back, and driver backrest.

Things that move between machines: Ikea sheep skins, Zumo XT GPS, and extra tools. Hooker is going to be my summer trike up North; and Hookie my winter trike down South.

(Asphalt/Hookie) Elka shocks on front - BajaRon sway bar, OEM driver's backrest, LED headlights, dual USB with voltmeter, dash cam, foam grips - Magic Mirrors - front tires Vredestein Quatrac SL on PPA ORB Chrome wheels.

Spyder Garage

Thanks

Spyder Garage

That ks

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Little Blue View Post
    Well, what do you think about buying the 2015 vs 2018? Write up a list of plus and minus for each. Do your homework and find your own best deal.

Several good Tips have been presented from others.

Good Luck on Your Mission. .....
    Lea ing towards the 18 - thanks

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Snoking1127 View Post
    Super low mileage is not necessarily a good thing on a 6 or 7 year old Spyder. I would go with the 18. I thought I wanted the older dash until we bought the new to us 2018 last fall. With the lastest firmware update it shows DTE in large numbers in the center for the left side display. I have that and the trip A mileage showing at the bottom of the left display!
    Thanks

Spyder Garage

I would go with the newer one, it's getting harder to find parts for the older stuff, company's don't want us to fix our old stuff so they just stop making parts!!
    2012 RTL , Pearl