Spyder Garage

Default Heli-Bars Install - 2021 RTL

So... I have shorter arms and narrow shoulders that, for me, are not compatible with this 2021 Spyder’s setup....what can I say...I am female. We had already installed a driver backrest... just was not enough reach to the handlebars for me and be able to lean against the backrest..
    Plus, coming from a Gold Wing GL 1800 trike all set up for my individual comfort vs. this Spyder was definitely bringing out the Princess and the Pea syndrome.
    Considered getting a riser and/or a different style handlebar.
    Decided to jump in all the way and install the Heli-Bars. VERY GOOD DECISION for me anyway.

Easy to install except for one little hitch... there was not enough slack in the wire bundles to get the clamps around the bundles as they were stretched tight. We called Heli-bars and spoke with a tech..he had no fix over the phone but said he would refer the problem to someone else who would...in the meantime he asked that we send a picture of the problem via phone.

To SpyderLovers.com I turned... found a post by Monk about this very thing and referring to his video of removing the side panels to locate the wire bundles which had been zip-tied up in the bowels of the Spyder. Found them, clipped those zip-ties and got plenty of slack to finish the install.

THANK YOU MONK!!!!

Love these bars! I now have full use of my backrest and the setup is every bit as comfortable as my Gold Wing trike was.
    2021 RT Ltd, Marsala Red/Black, Dark
    New course heading Mr Sulu: 2nd star to the right and straight on til morning...

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Welcome, ma'am.