Spyder Garage

Default New member and first spyder

Well we bought are first spyder, 2018 RT Limited only 7700 miles, Went for a nice 100 mile ride yesterday to get familiar with it. I came off of motorcycles so yes this drives different. It will take a little to get use to but the experience was very good. I feel I am pushed forward kinda leaning forward when sitting in the seat. Maybe better as time goes on, if not maybe a different seat. Love the reverse, alot better then the goldwing.It came with highway pegs but are useless to me. I don't see any where to mount some forward of the floor boards. Back tire is worn in the middle. Is that typical of these spyders? I see alot have gone to car tires so that maybe in the future. Look forward in talking on this site!

Spyder Garage

The rear tire is likely the OEM Kenda that is known for, among other bad things, wearing out in the center. By all means you should look into replacing it with any of the car tires suggested on this forum. Maybe a handlebar riser or replacement bars can help with your ergonomics instead of a seat re-do?
    '20 Spyder RT: Bajaron swaybar. Vredestein tires, Pedal Commander, Elka front shocks, GPS/USB/12V handlebar mount, Heli-Bars, Radar Detector, KOTT grills & vents, Shad top case, chin & DRL LEDs.
    2020 RT base , Chalk White

Spyder Garage

and

Attached is a good read for those who are new to Spyders.

https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...-Spyder-owners

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

SpyderLovers Ambassador Little Blue's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default New Spyder Owner

Welcome to the Spyder Forum. A nice choice for your Spyder. Most people will need about 1000 miles to get a real feel. Let the Smile Miles roll. .......
    ENJOY YOUR LIFE WITH A SPYDER
    Ryde with a Friend and be Safe

My Spyder .....'Little Blue-Boy'
    2016 RT Limited , Orbital Blue

Spyder Garage

Welcome from San Antonio, Texas, and to the world of Spyders. ARtraveler's suggestion about the "good read" is an excellent one. There is a lot of very good information there and it will help you become familiar much faster and easier than trying it on your own.

Regarding highway pegs, you might wish to visit the Lamonster Garage website. Lamonster offers two different alternatives. I chose the NBV style and like them, although they don't offer the OB/GYN spread found on many Harleys!
    2012 2012 RT-L and 3015 RT-S , 2012 - red and 2015 black (way too black)

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Newbie

.. .... Spyders handle way different than Two wheel Mtc's ..... if you drive it like your Car you will learn quickly how to master it ..... If you haven't yet ... read the Do's & Do not's thread .... lots of good info .... if you have any questions we are here to help ..... good luck .... Mike

Spyder Garage

Welcome from Northern Nevada.
    Lots of very good information available here at Spyder Lovers.
    David C
    2016 F3T
    DIY Garage Door Opener & GPS Mount
    Battery tender cable
    Rear IPS Pack Rack

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Congrats & welcome.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Haze View Post
    Welcome from Northern Nevada.
    Lots of very good information available here at Spyder Lovers.
    Another from Northern Nevada. Made my own forward foot pegs that mount on the RTS floor boards and are close set( no OB/GYN stirrups ) Definitely get a auto rear tire ( and fronts when they wear out).

Lew L
    Kaos----- Gone but not forgotten.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow

Very Active Member CopperSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Welcome to the forum Moparmarty. You'll find lots of good info here that you will be able to use. Its not unusual for the rear OEM tire to wear out in the middle and have to be changed out at around 8000 miles. You will see that as you look around the forum. Good luck and enjoy your new ride.
    My Spyder
    2012 RTL , Brown

Spyder Garage

Moparmarty, Congratulations and Welcome to the Spyder world. Good choice for your Spyder. I am on my first Spyder 2017 RTL bought in July 2020.
    Look at the pictures in the album on my profile. I have floating hwy floorboards you may like that will fit your 2018. Let me know if you are interested in them and I will let you know where to purchase from.

Ryde safe and enjoy the ryde
    Artie
    2017 RTL Asphalt Grey Metallic Chrome
    2017 RTL , Asphalt Grey Mettalic