Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Cool 2020 vs 2021 Limited Comparisons (Differences & Upgrades ~ RT's & F3's)

Hi All,
    Am looking to purchase a new 2020 or 2021 Spyder RT or F3 Limited Spring or Early Summer. Researching both, the RT seems to be the more comfortable but the F3 has better color selections. The bigger concern is just what is the differences or upgrades made between the model years - can't seem to locate that info anywhere. Pictures of both models & years seem identical as do equipment. Can-Am states it's providing a $2000 early rebate incentive on 2020 F3 / RT Limited Models but no cash incentive on 2021 models. My question is why buy a 2021 if there we no physical body or equipment changes or upgrades? Can anyone answer if there were any changes or upgrades (cosmetic, equipment or otherwise). Thanks much.

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Nothing changed that would be worth $2000. I heard that there is a wind deflector on the 2021 RT that is movable, that was not on the 2020 RT. That is the only change that I heard of. And that might even be a myth. Get the rebate on the 2020 and ride like the wind. Good luck shopping.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by blacklightning View Post
    Nothing changed that would be worth $2000. I heard that there is a wind deflector on the 2021 RT that is movable, that was not on the 2020 RT. That is the only change that I heard of. And that might even be a myth. Get the rebate on the 2020 and ride like the wind. Good luck shopping.
    Those are accessories, not standard.

OP--The only difference between a 2020 and 2021 early are colors. The 2021 late RTs had an upgraded front pulley to reduce a bit of the 45mph whine (which not everyone hears) and a bit of added sound insulation in the fairing. No other changes on the base or Limited trims. The S2S trim comes with a bunch of other stuff but nothing to enhance the riding experience and it's $3k more than the Limited trim and $6k more than the base model.

Spyder Garage

You by all means MUST test ride both models extensively, and absolutely with your better half if you have one. IMO there's no way in hell I would rank color selection over comfort. Blacklightning is in the V-ring regarding the differences in cost between the two MYs. If you ultimately opt for a 2020 RT be certain the body panel misfit(s), if any, have been corrected before you lay out one shekel.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S