Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Can not imagine any GOOD reason for an Electric Spyder.
    Dean O
    Gran Pa Hoon
    Founder San Jose BMW
    Builder of the Motorcyclist Cafe Barn and Bunkhouse
    Alamogordo, NM

'20 Spyder F3 L

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by old Timer View Post
    Can not imagine any GOOD reason for an Electric Spyder.
    I can think of many. I can't wait to own one.
    2022 Petrol Metallic RT Limited / 'PYDER'
    Peter Pan has struck again!

Spyder Garage

100 miles on a charge and how long to charge to get 100 miles. (You would average 25 MPH --100 miles / 4 hrs to charge) You would not be riding these any distance. I would never own one.

Great old post

2017 F3 LTD (SOLD)
    2017 HD Freewheeler (SOLD)
    2021 RT Base Upper and lower adjustable deflectors , Top case, Signature and lower lights, Baja Ron Bar, Back rest,Fobo TPMS, Garmin 396 , LED Fender lights, Rear LED turn and brake lights, Rear Brake light flasher, Rear Saddle bag LED lights, Battery tender, Lamonster Handle Bar Riser.

Spyder Garage

In Europe where cities and towns are close together, an electric Spyder might be ideal, but here in the U.S. where cities and towns are further apart riding could be bad for some. Also, cold weather will sap the charge on a battery powered Spyder. You may have a full charge when you leave home for work in the morning, but what happens if the temperature drops significantly during the day. You start home and find your battery almost depleted and I doubt there will be any service trucks where you can do a quick charge. Personally, I love to hear the purr of my gas engine. I don't think an electric Spyder is something I would want.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by billybovine View Post
    BRP has announced today that they will be introducing electric versions across all their product lines by the end of 2026.

http://news.brp.com/news-releases/ne...K632BUx6IPauPQ
    Maybe I could get one before I need an Electric Wheel Chair😜
    2019 F3L , Covid Blue

SpyderLovers Sponsor Motorcycledave's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

This just like the cars will have a problem being able to go places, the range just is not there yet
    lets say you want to go from RENO Nevada to Salt Lake City... there are very few charging places on the way
    and NONE on the salt flats. When I travel to Southern California to visit grand kids I go on Hwy 99 or Hwy I-5
    every time and that's often I go there I see DEAD electric cars along the way, when I get to Santa Nella where the
    charging stations are by the Star Bucks across from the gas stations.... I see a bunch of folks in line waiting to charge
    I am in and out of the gas stations in maybe 5 or 6 min. they could be there for hours depending on charge time and waiting in line.
    That is in a heavily populated area of the state, if you wanted to go through Nevada, Utah, Arizona, and others where there hundreds
    of miles between towns you will be out of luck.. For all of those reasons I will not even consider an electric bike or car until the
    availability of thousands of charging stations are in place like gas stations are now...

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

If one was to drive across the US, NY to CA, where would you spend most of your time? On the road or at a charging station?

Spyder Garage

not going to buy an electric spyder OR 4 wheel vehicle unless forced too. hydrogen is the better alternative, after they refine it more
    2015 Spyder RT Ltd- bUrp - only add the "U", 2010 Honda NT700V-red,2010 Honda NT700V-silver retired @201,111 miles, 1997 Honda PC800, 1996 Honda PC800, Honda CT500, Honda Shadow 500, 1978 Suzuki GS550, 1973 Suzuki TC125, other assorted smaller bikes, Suzuki TM400

Very Active Member bigbadbrucie's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

As things are right now, it would seem that electrification for any recreational vehicle is NOT PRACTICAL. However, on the news today they announced that a NEW type of battery was being LOOKED AT (no hint as to why or what was new). Within 5 years, who knows what a “battery” can power or for how long without recharging. Hell, I remember when they quit the Steam Locomotives; when the first “Jet Aircraft” flew over our house; my first transistor radio; dial telephones.... New innovations are endless. Don’t get old in your thinking, embrace the new ..... our lives will be much better in years to come. Don’t say an electric Spyder is NOT FOR ME. Soon, that might just be the ONLY OPTION!
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 03-17-2023 at 09:25 PM. Reason: Caps & ' 's ;-)

Tri-Axis Chrome Handlebars
    Sena SM10 BT Dongle
    Double USB Port/Volt meter
    LaMonster Magic Mirrors
    BajaRon Swaybar
    HALO Skid Plate
    Spyder Pops Rear Running Lights Turn Signals/Brake Light
    Spyder Pops Mirror Running Lights/Turn Signals
    Shorty Antenna
    LaMonster Cat Delete
    Akrapovic Muffler
    FOBO2 TPMS
    Rear Trunk Rack
    Bruce Erickson

Chilliwack, BC
    Canada
    You know when a politician is Lying. It's when his lips are moving!

2014 RTS-SE6 - Cognac

intro to m/c 1949 Royal Enfield 500cc thumper

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Woodaddict View Post
    not going to buy an electric spyder OR 4 wheel vehicle unless forced too. hydrogen is the better alternative, after they refine it more
    I recall reading about a man who designed and refined a process of making hydrogen and used it in vehicles that belonged to his immediate family. He posted pictures of his processing and bragged about it on the internet. The state came in and made him pay an estimated road tax.
    Last edited by 2dogs; 03-17-2023 at 10:37 PM.

Spyder Garage

Default Massive banghead

Total oil savings over the life of a lithium battery powered car are 800 barrels of oil if you recharge in the kindest way, fast charging isn't kind.
    Accurate energy calculations have shown that to produce a lithium battery powered car takes 780 barrels of oil when all the side chain inputs are added together. Mining, transport, labour, infrastructure, materials, etc.
    Forget about lithium, there isn't enough rare earth material on the planet (necessary for the batteries) to build even a small percentage of the population a vehicle.
    The amount of extra mines, power stations, infrastructure, labour, financing etc needed just to charge a small fleet far exceeds anything currently available and into the foreseeable future yet these things are mandated for an impossibly close timeline.
    The whole deal is based on an ideology that has been hijacked by nutjobs with alternative agendas on their minds and to fall for their propaganda is an admission of lack of understanding of the real reasons behind it all.
    BRP and all the other manufacturers will end up with the Betamax of vehicles if they continue. It's a mathematical impossibility to produce and a dead end for humanity if followed.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 03-18-2023 at 01:07 AM. Reason: ' 's + ;-)
    Kenda wars survivor

Registered crackpot

Informed consent

''Experts" say eating red meat makes the sun hot
    2017 F3S Daytona , Circuit Yellow Metalic