Spyder Garage

Default My turn to vent or be on a soap box or whatever....

I know there is at least one U.S. Marine and maybe more on here. I'm was going to say former Marine, but there is no such thing.

Here's the deal. You have one of those 'no mind' newscasters (or whatever they are called today) trying to make a name for himself and his news station by telling us how feminine the U.S. Military is and also bad mouthing those serving. The news caster was probably so gutless he never thought of serving in the military. Then, a number of those in the military comment back, and the Commandant of the Marines is singled out in a letter written by a public official calling for him to apologize to the newscaster. I won't mention the name of the public official other than to say another gutless person who never served in the military or even thought of it.

What I think should happen is the Commandant should invite this public official to a good old fashioned smoker. For those that don't know, it's not smoking pot. It's a morale booster. When I was in the Navy, they were held on our helo deck. You were challenged to a boxing match, typically by someone you were having a problem with. There was standing room only. Those were the good ole days.

Under no circumstance should the U.S. Marine Corp Commandant make any apology. Okay, I'm done and hope this post is allowed to stay up.

Spyder Garage

Of the eight Commandants of the Marine Corps I served under, every one of them when dealing with untoward comments from individuals who were obvious ignorant gas bags, simply ignored them. The eight Commandants who have served since I retired have, to my knowledge, followed the same approach. They all acutely recognize the dignity of the position they hold and the standards of behavior they know American citizens expect from holders of the office.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

Free pass from me so far. Just keep it informative, and not political.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Semper Fi brothers and sisters! Yes, the Commandant will stay above that fray.

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by wyliec View Post
    I know there is at least one U.S. Marine and maybe more on here. I'm was going to say former Marine, but there is no such thing.

Here's the deal. You have one of those 'no mind' newscasters (or whatever they are called today) trying to make a name for himself and his news station by telling us how feminine the U.S. Military is and also bad mouthing those serving. The news caster was probably so gutless he never thought of serving in the military. Then, a number of those in the military comment back, and the Commandant of the Marines is singled out in a letter written by a public official calling for him to apologize to the newscaster. I won't mention the name of the public official other than to say another gutless person who never served in the military or even thought of it.

What I think should happen is the Commandant should invite this public official to a good old fashioned smoker. For those that don't know, it's not smoking pot. It's a morale booster. When I was in the Navy, they were held on our helo deck. You were challenged to a boxing match, typically by someone you were having a problem with. There was standing room only. Those were the good ole days.

Under no circumstance should the U.S. Marine Corp Commandant make any apology. Okay, I'm done and hope this post is allowed to stay up.
    Welcome to new age of " Cancel Culture " .... .... I don't like or agree with-it, and I already know quite a few folks who not as happy as they thought they would be ..... NOT being political here just telling my TRUTH .... Mike

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Simply ignoring something you don't agree with doesn't automatically make it go away. It just gives a false sense of security that could turn fatal when you least expect it.

Spyder Garage

I think most people recognize ignorance and self serving babble when they see it. No need to comment further..... Jim
    2005 Windveil Blue Premium Mustang Convertible
    2008 Honda GL1800/California Sidecar Trike, SOLD
    2014 Platinum Silver Satin Spyder RTL, SOLD
    Semper Fi

Spyder Garage

Don't stoop to their level.
    Kaos----- Gone but not forgotten.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by canamjhb View Post
    I think most people recognize ignorance and self serving babble when they see it. No need to comment further..... Jim
    I respect your post Jim, but I have to politely disagree with you some. I think in part it was the purpose of wyliec's post to show there are a lot of people out there who do not or can not recognize ignorance and or self-serving babble. Some folks will believe anything they hear without question. Sad but true. Particularly with the millennials.

Very Active Member Fatcycledaddy's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 2dogs View Post
    I respect your post Jim, but I have to politely disagree with you some. I think in part it was the purpose of wyliec's post to show there are a lot of people out there who do not or can not recognize ignorance and or self-serving babble. Some folks will believe anything they hear without question. Sad but true. Particularly with the millennials.
    Can't agree more. It seams that whatever we allow by not voicing our opinion against today, or in our generation, is readily accepted as the normal tomorrow, or by the next generation.
    That does okay evil or vicious speach, but some things must be spoken loud and clear.
    2020 RT Limited , Petrol Blue