Spyder Garage

Default Thinking of trading my 2012 for a 2021 RT - Any ideas How Much?

Thinking about traiding my 2012 rt for 2021 rt, but i'm not sure how expensive it is going to be. Anyone have any guidence would be greatly apreciated.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Stealers don't seem to be coming off MSRP much. Expect about $24k for a base model, $27k for a Limited and about $29k+ for a S2S.

Spyder Garage

I don't know how much good this will do but we just recently traded my wife's 2012 RT-S (hers was red just like yours) for s 2021 Sea to Sky and it was, in fact, expensive. But it's only fair to say that expensive is a different proposition for each of us. The dealer gave us $8000 for the 2012 with about 42,000 miles under it's belt, and we accepted. That's more than other local dealers and about $1500 more than iMotorSports offered.

I would imagine it's pretty unlikely you'll find dealers willing to accept low offers on a 2021, and I wouldn't expect discounts beyond whatever BRP might be offering dealers at any given time. Spyders are expensive but no more so than a new top-of-the-line Gold Wing or Harley or Indian touring machine. And, they fall over if not careful and require a small crew to pick up again!

I suspect we may have received the highest trade value for the 2012 RT-S because we bought it (used) at that dealership and it's also where I bought my 2015 RT-S. Perhaps there's something to be said for dealership loyalty, Then again, perhaps not but we left believing we were treated well and would buy from the again. And despite what some complain about, the profit margin on motorcycles is nowhere near what it is for automobiles. Expecting a dealer to agree to a large amount off the MSRP is highly unlikely and an unreasonable expectation in my humble opinion.
    2012 2012 RT-L and 3015 RT-S , 2012 - red and 2015 black (way too black)

Spyder Garage

Trade in is a big part of the picture. $7K to $9K would seem to be the ballpark, depending on condition, mileage, etc. There are other things to negotiate about. Accessories are one, cost, install fees, etc. Most dealers negate shipping and set up fees. If you run into one that slaps all kinds of extra fees on the deal, then your red flags should go up.

If you go BEST warranty, iMoto will sell you three years for less than $700. You do not have to buy the machine from them and you have two years to do it. Just buy it before the mfg. warranty expires.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

I traded a 2015 Triumph Trophy SE ($7k) for a 2020 RT base. Out the door price after the trade was $16k.
    So $23k delivered back in September.
    '20 Spyder RT: Bajaron swaybar. Vredestein tires, Pedal Commander, Elka front shocks, GPS/USB/12V handlebar mount, Heli-Bars, Radar Detector, KOTT grills & vents, Shad top case, chin & DRL LEDs.
    2020 RT base , Chalk White

SpyderLovers Ambassador Little Blue's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Sell

Just a thought. Have you tried to sell the Spyder on your own? Check Kelly Blue Book for Pricing. You could Post it here on this Forum, if you want to sell. Good Luck on Your Mission. ....
    ENJOY YOUR LIFE WITH A SPYDER
    Ryde with a Friend and be Safe

My Spyder .....'Little Blue-Boy'
    2016 RT Limited , Orbital Blue

Spyder Garage

Thanks for the quick replys. I have two local dealers working on it so hopefully one can get me where it does'nt hurt so much. Also mine is rt with electric shift with 22600 miles, very spoiled machine with too many adds that I know I won't get much for so if I get this done I will have a sale on some good stuff. Thanks again.

Spyder Garage

Two days ago made a deal at Roelefson's, they gave me the best deal around the area and would have given me the best trade in price except I sold my 2014 to my brother inlaw instead.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by kamper View Post
    Thinking about traiding my 2012 rt for 2021 rt, but i'm not sure how expensive it is going to be. Anyone have any guidence would be greatly apreciated.
    Traded my 2013 RTL for an S2S and paid a little over 19K. My RTL had 22,000 miles
    2021 Sea to Sky, 2013 RT Ltd, 2005 Bombardier Outlander ATV

Spyder Garage

You may be able to shop around out of area/state and find a great price, but you'd have to consider cost of shipping. I bought a 2020 RT base in December for less than 20K from Motomember in Virginia. Worked with a salesperson named Paul.
    Also, if you don't mind buying 1 with miles on it, you should be able to get 1 for much less than MSRP if it was used for the rider training course. From my research, I found most had less than 1K miles on them. The pro for that is the break in period and maintenance was already completed. The con, the warranty already started from the day the spyder is used and there may be small/minor scuffs/damage from the class.
    Good luck on the search.

Spyder Garage

Stopped there on tuesday but haven't heard anything. Going to stop again Friday.

Spyder Garage

Well I did it. pick it up on saturday. 2021 petrol rt limited. Dealer gave me 2k better than the big dealers would give. Small town still taking care of people.

Very Active Member CopperSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

On the new 2021 RTL!!
    My Spyder
    2012 RTL , Brown