Spyder Garage

Red face Anyone have BUDS software? How does it perform? Cost?

I see China has the software for BUDDS real cheap. Does anyone have this software? If so how does it preform?

Spyder Garage

Care to share a link to the website??
    Eckhard

Spyder RT Ltd, 2011
    2011 RT Ltd. , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

It's not just software. You need the interface module also. Also, the initial expense isn't much, but you will need an annual license. Even so, you will not have access to BRP to download firmware updates, but you will be able to perform many tasks correctly on your Spyder, such as brake bleeding/fluid flushing. I do all my own work and have had BUDS since 2015. The original BUDS worked well on my 2015 RTL, and the current BUDS2 works well on my 2020 RTL. As far as I'm concerned, money well spent.
    2020 RT Limited , Marsala Red

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jetfixer View Post
    Even so, you will not have access to BRP to download firmware updates,
    Wasn't there a discussion here lately of an owner updating a cluster by way of a connection with PowerSports diagnostics, the seller of the s/w?

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by splake0 View Post
    I see China has the software for BUDDS real cheap. Does anyone have this software? If so how does it preform?
    I would really be skittish about getting it from China. They're notorious for counterfeiting. I bought it from PowerSport Diagnostics in Austria, the home country of Rotax. I really think what they offer is sanctioned by BRP, and they don't sanction much from anyone for anything!

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.

Spyder Garage

Has anyone that has the BUDS deal with

htps://diag-systems.com ? I’ve emailed them but no response.
    Last edited by CopperSpyder; 04-03-2021 at 03:20 PM.

Spyder Garage

As far as I know PowerSports Diagnostics is the only aftermarket supplier of BUDS and BUDS2. They have several websites under various names. They also sell on Amazon. All the same company from what I can tell.

If you need a lot of after sales support. You won't get it from them. But they update software on a regular basis and issue pdfs on work arounds for folks having problems.

Update: I did some more digging and it looks like PowerSports Diagnostics (powersports-diag.com) and PowerSports Diagnostics Systems (diag-systems.com) are 2 different companies. I was mistaken. Have not dealt with PowerSports Diagnostic Systems.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by billybovine View Post
    As far as I know PowerSports Diagnostics is the only aftermarket supplier of BUDS and BUDS2. They have several websites under various names. They also sell on Amazon. All the same company from what I can tell.

If you need a lot of after sales support. You won't get it from them. But they update software on a regular basis and issue pdfs on work arounds for folks having problems.

Update: I did some more digging and it looks like PowerSports Diagnostics (powersports-diag.com) and PowerSports Diagnostics Systems (diag-powersports.com) are 2 different companies. I was mistaken. Have not dealt with PowerSports Diagnostic Systems.
    You must have left something out of the URL diag-powersports.com. It doesn't come up as a valid URL. For what it's worth diag-systems.com appears to be located in the Ukraine from what I can find. powersports-diag.com, the one I bought BUDS from, is located in Austria but that website address leads to a server in New Jersey. Another red flag concerning diag-systems.com is they do not provide a telephone number or physical address. Powersports-diag.com lists both their New Jersey address and Austria address and a NJ phone #. Diag-systems.com offers manuals via brp-manuals.com and some other stuff. Powersports-diag.com appears to only deal with BUDS. I would stay away from diag-systems.com.

2014 Copper RTS

Spyder Garage

Has anyone that has the BUDS deal with

htps://diag-systems.com ? I’ve emailed them but no response.
    See my comments in the post above to Billy.
    Last edited by CopperSpyder; 04-03-2021 at 03:20 PM.

2014 Copper RTS

Spyder Garage

I do not have the Chinese version of BUDS. I do have BUDS Megatech with the applicable MPI interface and cable.

Not sure on the details of the Chinese version, but would suspect you must purchase the interface and cable also as others mentioned.