Spyder Garage

Default Can't find info on the CB

I see it has controls for the CB but no info on it.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I looked for that last night too and could not find anything. I'd also like to see where the headphones and mic outlet is located.
    Happy Spyder Owner

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

It could be like the Goldwing, all the controls and logic are put on the bike but it doesn't become active until you spend an additional $800 on the CB and antenna

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Rider headphone connection is center of dash just ahead of little glove box,passengers connection is near
    left armrest as I recall.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post
    I see it has controls for the CB but no info on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by mjw930 View Post
    It could be like the Goldwing, all the controls and logic are put on the bike but it doesn't become active until you spend an additional $800 on the CB and antenna
    I asked my dealer and he couldn't find anything in the literature they had received, either. Very little dealer info on the entire sound system, in fact. My guess is also that it is an add-on option, but the RT catalog does not list it as yet. Maybe it adapts to some sort of existing unit, but given BRP's penchant to provide their own options, I suspect it is to be introduced at a later date.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NancysToy View Post
    I asked my dealer and he couldn't find anything in the literature they had received, either. Very little dealer info on the entire sound system, in fact. My guess is also that it is an add-on option, but the RT catalog does not list it as yet. Maybe it adapts to some sort of existing unit, but given BRP's penchant to provide their own options, I suspect it is to be introduced at a later date.
    Oh, I can pretty much guarantee it will be a BRP specific CB simply because it needs to interface to the rest of the electronics. The kicker will be the price. Honda gets $799 MSRP for the CB "box" you plug into the existing wire harness plus another $160 MSRP for the antenna and mount. I went the discounter route and it still cost me $680 plus 2 hours of my time to install it.

Spyder Garage

I can't remember what the price was but it is a option and it's a plug and play deal just like XM radio. I'm sure we'll see all those prices on the BRP site soon.