Spyder Garage

Default 2021 Spyder Limited - will the display screen support a back-up camera?

Hi all, I am wanting to put a back up camera on my new 2021. I want to see if anyone knows if the display screen supports a back up camera. It would really be nice if it did as the screens that come with the back up camera are not water proof, and I do not want to mount one on my dash if possible. hopefully someone will know the answer to this. Thanks in advance for your help.

Spyder Garage

Bearing in mind that I don't actually own a 2021 Spyder, so this is just an opinion based upon my reading here & my (not yet massive) exposure to the later year/models while researching potential upgrade options, I really don't think the display will support a back-up camera display!! . That, amongst other notable dash shortfalls & the ongoing software integration issues/failures are why I (& I believe a fair few others too ) will not be considering an upgrade anytime soon!!
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by coolbanana View Post
    2021 Spyder Limited - will the display screen support a back-up camera?
    Welcome to SL. The short answer is, nope. The 2018+ Spyders (RT and F3T/L) all came with a new display that introduced BuRP Connect which "supported" (and I use that term very loosely) a few select apps (navigation, TPMS, Dash music, etc). Even that doesn't work most of the time. Perhaps, if you're some sort of computer genius, you MIGHT be able to get the screen to accept a back up camera input but you'd probably have to rewrite most/all of the OEM BuRP software. If you're that good at coding (and I'm not saying you're not), you need to work for BuRP so they can get the current BuRP Connect to work correctly.

If you can't find a waterproof/resistant screen, you might bring a ziploc baggie with you to cover the screen if it rains. I know there are waterproof options out there but I don't think they're cheap. I know someone used a cam system from INNOVV (sp?). Not sure if it has a screen or not.

Sorry, bro.

Spyder Garage

The Innovv system does not have a screen but you can Wi-Fi the signal to your phone and use that as your screen. In fact they just came out with a 4K camera on the front and a standard HD in the rear.
    2019 RT Limited , Phoenix Orange

Spyder Garage

Default had a front and rear cam

Quote Originally Posted by EdMat View Post
    The Innovv system does not have a screen but you can Wi-Fi the signal to your phone and use that as your screen. In fact they just came out with a 4K camera on the front and a standard HD in the rear.
    I paid 300.00 for a water proof system off Amazon. It had front and rear camera's and a waterproof screen. I spent a whole day removing panels and saddle bags for installing this set. It worked fine for about a week. I rode home from work in the rain one day, and the next day my screen would not come on. I ended up sending it back for a refund. I could use my Phone for a screen with blue tooth, but again could not use it in the rain. I love the 2021 spyder limited, just wish they would put screens in that had all the options like the auto's do.