Spyder Garage

Default Rear rim Drive O-ring - anyone got the specs??

Changing my rear tire, I found the o-ring on the drive side trashed. P/N 293300124. Does anyone have the spec's on this o-ring as far as size and material?

Spyder Garage

Doesn't look like anyone responded to this question. I have the same one, trying to find a replacement that is in stock appears to be a challenge.
    Name: Eric Heims
    Red 2016 RTS, Diamond R Armrests, Ram X Mount, Doc Humphreys Dampener, BajaRon Swaybar, Spyderpops "Critter Splitter"

"It is the common fate of the indolent to see their rights become a prey to the active. The condition upon which God hath given liberty to man is eternal vigilance; which condition if he break, servitude is at once the consequence of his crime and the punishment of his guilt." John Philpot Curran 1790

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Farmbanker View Post
    Doesn't look like anyone responded to this question. I have the same one, trying to find a replacement that is in stock appears to be a challenge.
    You do know that this thread is over a year old don't you.
    2020 RT Limited Chrome , Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

He knows he just has the same problem and nobody answered to begin with. The part number given in the original post is good and it is only $2.79 so you might be just as well off to order it thru cheapcycleparts.com. Be sure to create an account as that will give you a discount.
    Also when you put it back together make sure the spokes of the sprocket don't cover the tire valve and spray some windex on the rubber snubbers so the fins of the sprocket will slide in.
    Last edited by pegasus1300; 04-15-2022 at 11:22 PM.

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

if its still together, not cut in 2, can try a transmission / driveshaft specialty shop, can match it up. i have went to mine and matched up other ones, not spyder
    2015 Spyder RT Ltd- bUrp - only add the "U", 2010 Honda NT700V-red,2010 Honda NT700V-silver retired @201,111 miles, 1997 Honda PC800, 1996 Honda PC800, Honda CT500, Honda Shadow 500, 1978 Suzuki GS550, 1973 Suzuki TC125, other assorted smaller bikes, Suzuki TM400

SpyderLovers Ambassador Little Blue's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default O -Ring

...You say that you need an 'O - Ring'. Do you have a part number and the old one? I have gotten some from my local area NAPA store. Or maybe your auto parts store.
    I usually go to my local Spyder dealer/Call them first.

Your time and your money. ....
    ENJOY YOUR LIFE WITH A SPYDER
    Ryde with a Friend and be Safe

My Spyder .....'Little Blue-Boy'
    2016 RT Limited , Orbital Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by pegasus1300 View Post
    He knows he just has the same problem and nobody answered to begin with. The part number given in the original post is good and it is only $2.79 so you might be just as well off to order it thru cheapcycleparts.com. Be sure to create an account as that will give you a discount.
    Also when you put it back together make sure the spokes of the sprocket don't cover the tire valve and spray some windex on the rubber snubbers so the fins of the sprocket will slide in.
    Yes the post was old--but I had the same problem recently. My O-ring had a small nick out of it but I used it anyway and will look for another (maybe several) for next time. Also I will chamfer the inner edge of the drive sprocket slightly to help it ease by the o-ring. I used Napa "sil glyde"as the lubricant as it has worked well on all my other bikes. Thanks for the tip on cheap cycle parts--I will try them (part # is correct)
    2021 Spyder RTL Red, 2022 Kawasaki Z 400

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by K80Shooter View Post
    You do know that this thread is over a year old don't you.
    Doesn't appear to be a problem......??

Thank you everyone for the responses. I will look into your suggestions. Sounds like it can be a common issue.
    Red 2016 RTS, Diamond R Armrests, Ram X Mount, Doc Humphreys Dampener, BajaRon Swaybar, Spyderpops "Critter Splitter"

"It is the common fate of the indolent to see their rights become a prey to the active. The condition upon which God hath given liberty to man is eternal vigilance; which condition if he break, servitude is at once the consequence of his crime and the punishment of his guilt." John Philpot Curran 1790

Spyder Garage

That's what I have is a big long nick out of mine. I'm trying to determine what the failure risk is if I re-use it. Online I did find one at https://www.canampartshouse.com/ but not sure how long it will be before they actually are able to find and ship one. Kind of holding me up on putting things back together......

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by pegasus1300 View Post
    Good suggestions, thanks!

Spyder Garage

Faced with the same problem this weekend changing out the rear tire. About a 1" section missing. It appears the only function of the o'ring is to prevent dirt/dust entry. Local dealer no help as they stock $%it for parts. Ordered from Cheap Cycle Parts but their time frame is about 2 weeks.

My solution, o'ring is 3.5 MM material. My metric o'ring assortment has the right diameter but wrong circumference by about 1 1/3". Take the largest size and make a square cut. Take another one the same size and using square cuts, cut out a section the size needed to make the correct size o'ring. A drop of superglue and careful placement of the cut sections together and you have a fully functional o'ring.

I left my order in place for the 2 I ordered. Who knows, maybe I will replace it the next tire change. Even if I don't I bet someone around me that I ride with will need one sooner or later.
    2019 RT Limited , Phoenix Orange

Spyder Garage

Farmbanker, I had exactly the same issue. I went to my local “Bearings Centre” with the “o” ring, and they pulled one out of their stock. They said they aren’t an uncommon size.F3D01484-23B3-4EAE-B8BE-16FF5C135CBB.jpg

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red