Spyder Garage

Default How long can I expect to have my SENA coms to last during a ride

I just installed my SENA SLR's in our helmets. On a full charge how many hours will they last listening to music and some talking.

Spyder Garage

We have the 20 evos and they last a good 8 to 10 hours on a full charge. Though we have done some trips where we don't bother topping off the charge and just plug into a usb power on the bike when it tells us "low battery". Ours will charge while using them.

Spyder Garage

I usually get a full day out of them. If on a trip I always recharge at night.. I carry a solar battery I can charge them with as well as having a usb plug on the Spyder. The solar battery recharges sitting on the dashboard while riding.

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

that is the only problem with the SLR's, they shut off when you plug into anything with power.

Spyder Garage

We get more than a full day out of our Sena units. We have the built in ones that come with the Bell Magnum helmets. We put them on charge when we get home and are ready for another full day on the next ride.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member Fatcycledaddy's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

My 20S headsets last real close to the 10 hour mark, and they will be 6 years old in July.
    I havent added a USB connection by the passanger grab rails on this bike like the last one. I do have two small USB battery packs that I can carry in my pocket and charge then as we ride, if needed. These will work and charge at the same time. https://www.amazon.com/10000mAh-Port...165321908&th=1
    2020 RT Limited , Petrol Blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

The SRL (and SRL2) is based off of the 20S so I'm not sure why they won't accept a charge whilst being used but they sure don't. Still, most of my rides are just one day and it will last about 8 hours like others have noted. If you have the volume cranked up listening to music, they'll last less. If all you use them for is the occasional intercom, they'll last longer. I generally have the volume at max and listen to music constantly so 8 hours is pretty good. Once it starts shouting at me that I've only got 20% left, I know that's actually about 3 hours, if that helps any.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I don't have anything that relies on a battery while I ride, but if I did have one, the battery would probably last until about 10 minutes before I got to my destination.

HER ride:
    2017 RT-S SE6 Pearl White

My rides:
    2000 Honda GL1500SE
    1980 Suzuki GS850G

Spyder Garage

My 20’s last all day. We actually have a portable jumpstart in case we ever kill our battery. It has 2 USB ports so we can charge them if needed while riding. No electric or usb on bike needed. Obviously the clamps are not plugged in when charging
    Attached Images Attached Images

“Born to Ride......Ride to Live....MOATER ON !
    “Current ride: 2017 RT Limited”

Spyder Garage

Ours are sena 20’s as well and they usually last a good 10 plus hours. If were going to be riding a long day when we stop for lunch we plug them into a power pack to charge up for the hour we are off the bikes and then we have no problems them lasting the day

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

In all fairness, I had the early model SENA, it was a nightmare on the battery and customer service problem. Out of the box they would only last about 3 hours, jumped through hoops to send them back for a fix, that took a while. The fix lasted a brief time and battery time dwindled down to about 30 mins, a bad experience, so I've never tried them again, not because of the battery problem, but their customer service was beyond frustration. I'm sure it has improved.

Spyder Garage

Ive had a pair of 10s models for a couple years and they never ran out of power even once.My typical day would be 10 to 14 hrs.Right now we have a 10c evo camera and a Outrush helmet,same deal but I will say if you turn the camera on without having a charge cord the camera part will shut off in less than an hour.Also we always blast music and use the intercom and get traffic info,so they get a workout.
    :
    : 2017 RTL ORBITAL BLUE

Spyder Garage

I have the 30ks and I get a good 8 to 10 hours as well. I have noticed using the check battery command that battery medium to battery low is not exactly linear. Once I get the battery is low chirping it get annoying and I turn them off. I'd say i get an hour max, more like 30 mins before auto shutdown when the low battery warning starts chirping.
    2015 Pearl White RTL
    Baja Ron Sway Bar
    Russell Day Long Seat
    Strobe Brake Light
    Mirror Mount Turn Signal Indicator

2015 RTL , Yes Pearl White

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Bought the 20s a long time ago and they're doing great. Fully charged we get an easy 8+ hours out of them. Had a problem with volume up until I figured the "boost" feature and now they are even better than before. And, they've never been updated. When the batteries go bad I'll get ahold of "Finless" and pay him to install new batteries. Sena 20s, best money I ever spent.

Very Active Member Fatcycledaddy's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 2dogs View Post
    Bought the 20s a long time ago and they're doing great. Fully charged we get an easy 8+ hours out of them. Had a problem with volume up until I figured the "boost" feature and now they are even better than before. And, they've never been updated. When the batteries go bad I'll get ahold of "Finless" and pay him to install new batteries. Sena 20s, best money I ever spent.
    I did upgrade to the new HD speakers....WELL worth the money!
    I like to hear the bass and drums, I can now.
    My wife said "I don't need those, the stock ones sound good". Then I installed them for her, she can tell the differance and LOVES them.
    2020 RT Limited , Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

anybody running a recent 50S? I have friends that bought them when they first came out, and their battery life is not that good.
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2018 F3 Limited - Intense Red Pearl . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Fatcycledaddy View Post
    I did upgrade to the new HD speakers....WELL worth the money!
    I like to hear the bass and drums, I can now.
    My wife said "I don't need those, the stock ones sound good". Then I installed them for her, she can tell the differance and LOVES them.
    Are the HD speakers any thicker or larger around than the OEM Sena speakers?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Wmoater View Post
    My 20’s last all day. We actually have a portable jumpstart in case we ever kill our battery. It has 2 USB ports so we can charge them if needed while riding. No electric or usb on bike needed. Obviously the clamps are not plugged in when charging
    Can't recharge the Srl's while they are in use