Spyder Garage

Default Here is a video of my trailer set-up (suit Spyder/Ryker) inc tongue weight & balance

All, my husband did a quick video of my Aluma MC210 trailer setup for the Can Am Ryker. There are few video of trailering the Ryker and how it should be balanced so I am showing you his thoughts but would love to hear others thoughts as well. He did weight the tongue both of the empty trailer and after with the Ryker on it and he shows the easy method ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJWI59m2OYQ

Yes the Aluma MC210 is expensive ... $3500 for the trailer, another $450 for the matching mag spare tire & mount ... but this makes for a very light trailering option!

Also, the MC210 does have the brake flange on the axle so that brakes can easily be added later if I feel I need too.

Spyder Garage

Good job. You're right, the trailer is a little spendy, but you get what you pay for, and it looks like you're getting a lot of bang for the buck.
    Greg Kamer
    "It's better to be not riding and wishing you were than be riding and wishing you weren't."

USAF, 20 years, retired
    Sheriff's Office, 23 years, retired

2018 Can Am Spyder RT-Limited

Spyder Garage

Nice setup.
    [B]

2018 Intense Red F3T (See About Me under My Profile for mods)
    2010 Timeless Black RT-622 Trailer
    2014 Timeless Black RTS-SE6, 34,300 Miles, traded May 2019
    2011 Timeless Black RTS-SE5, 15,180 Miles, traded April 2014

Spyder Garage

We have not had a chance to take it onto the highway ... but I will update once we do. Everything seems to fit great and the trailer looks to be big enough for the spiders as well.

I am curious, does anyone else trailer their Ryker and how what are you using ... any pics would be great!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Nice.

Spyder Garage

Getting ready to add a storage box soon, stay tuned for that as it will be big enough to hold lots of stuff
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 03-27-2021 at 12:29 PM. Reason: lost - lots ;-)

Spyder Garage

FYI here are the straps I purchased for this set-up, just got them today so have not had a chance to try them:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Here is the aluminum trailer box I ordered, should have it sometime next week:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The trailer box will only contain stuff that can get damp and spare tire equipment/tools.

Spyder Garage

I added some cheap foam self-adhesive gasket material to the top lip of my trailer box, which helped significantly in keeping moisture out of the box. I think is was 1" wide by 1/4" thick and can be found at most hardware stores or on Amazon. Don't buy the really dense stuff that won't allow the lid to close and latch properly.