Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default Cleaning your Spyder windshields

Have any of you tried the Holy Moly cleaning cloth to clean your windshield? I use theses on my Spyder windshield and on my mirrors,headlights,fog lights and chrome to get the bugs off.These use no chemicals just hot water. They work great . I wipe clean with Holy Moly cloth then use a microfiber cloth to dry. Streak free!
    Give them a try you won't be disappointed.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2017 RTL Asphalt Grey Metallic Chrome
    2017 RTL , Asphalt Grey Mettalic

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Partzman23 View Post
    Have any of you tried the Holy Moly cleaning cloth to clean your windshield? I use theses on my Spyder windshield and on my mirrors,headlights,fog lights and chrome to get the bugs off.These use no chemicals just hot water. They work great . I wipe clean with Holy Moly cloth then use a microfiber cloth to dry. Streak free!
    Well they give a good spiel..... and actvate with water ..... however what 's important is what's also imbedded in the cloth ..... If there is bleach or any petrochemicals it will cause damage to plastic ( maybe not an F-4, but maybe even that will get damaged .... Mike

Spyder Garage

There are no chemicals in these cloths. That is what makes them so great. It is the way the material is produced that pulls the dirt off the surface using water only.
    I have handwashed this cloth many times in the sink. Then let it air dry until needed again. If it contained chemicals they would be washed away after the first wash.
    2017 RTL Asphalt Grey Metallic Chrome
    2017 RTL , Asphalt Grey Mettalic

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Had never heard of them prior to this.

Spyder Garage

This is working well for me.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2018 RT Ltd - Asphalt Metallic - East Valley of Phoenix
    2018 RT Ltd Chrome - Champagne Metallic - Lake Stevens, Wa

(Champagne/Hooker) Magic Mirrors, 360 LED head lights, BajaRon sway bar, H&R springs and shock adjusters, dash cam, foam grips, third brake light 4 LED strobe for 7 seconds and then on steady, rear LED turn signals/8 ohm 50W resistors, sequential turn signals on front fenders, Vredestein and PPA Orb wheels on front and General out back, and driver backrest.

Things that move between machines: Ikea sheep skins, Zumo XT GPS, and extra tools. Hooker is going to be my summer trike up North; and Hookie my winter trike down South.

(Asphalt/Hookie) Elka shocks on front - BajaRon sway bar, OEM driver's backrest, LED headlights, dual USB with voltmeter, dash cam, foam grips - Magic Mirrors - front tires Vredestein Quatrac SL on PPA ORB Chrome wheels.

Spyder Garage

Cloth sounds interesting. Will continue with the Plexus I have and dedicated plush microfiber towel. If a lot of bugs/dirt then apply Plexus or water and let stand a bit first using a separate microfiber to ease off the worst. If at home just lay a wet towel over the windshield for a few minutes first.

Spyder Garage

Same here. A warm wet towel on the windshield for laid there for a couple of minutes makes the bugs slide away. Then I add plexus with microfiber towel.
    2018 F3-S SM6
    2017 Kawasaki Ninja 1000
    2013 Yamaha FJR

Spyder Garage

I use a microfiber cloth and plex. Same as on the bike.
    2020 RT , Chalk White

Spyder Garage

I’m cheap. I simply mist my windshield and helmet with water. Let microfiber cloth sit on it for 4-5 minutes. Wipe and Buff clean and use pledge. We’ve used pledge on the sleds, wheelers, helmets, goggles and now spyder. I’ll pledge and wipe down entire bike each day while on the road unless there’s dried mud. never heard of holy moly. Not trying to sound bad but there used to be a product called cat sheat that was used on helmet visors. Spray on or wet wipes. It was expensive but worked. I learned about pledge at motocross racing cleaning visors instead of the tear offs that used to wavy looking depending on if if it got wet.

“Born to Ride......Ride to Live....MOATER ON !
    “Current ride: 2017 RT Limited”

Very Active Member bigbadbrucie's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Wmoater View Post
    I’m cheap. I simply mist my windshield and helmet with water. Let microfiber cloth sit on it for 4-5 minutes. Wipe and Buff clean and use pledge. We’ve used pledge on the sleds, wheelers, helmets, goggles and now spyder. I’ll pledge and wipe down entire bike each day while on the road unless there’s dried mud.never hold of holy moly. Not trying to sound bad but there used to be a product called cat sheat that was used on helmet visors. Spray on or wet wipes. It was expensive but worked. I learned about pledge at motocross racing cleaning visors instead of the tear offs that used to wavy looking depending on if if it got wet.
    I started using pledge on the windshield on my ‘wing back in ‘86. It worked then, and it works now, annnnnnd, it smells good.

Tri-Axis Chrome Handlebars
    Sena SM10 BT Dongle
    Double USB Port/Volt meter
    LaMonster Magic Mirrors
    BajaRon Swaybar
    HALO Skid Plate
    Spyder Pops Rear Running Lights Turn Signals/Brake Light
    Spyder Pops Mirror Running Lights/Turn Signals
    Shorty Antenna
    LaMonster Cat Delete
    Akrapovic Muffler
    FOBO2 TPMS
    Rear Trunk Rack
    Bruce Erickson

Chilliwack, BC
    Canada
    You know when a politician is Lying. It's when his lips are moving!

2014 RTS-SE6 - Cognac

intro to m/c 1949 Royal Enfield 500cc thumper

Spyder Garage

I use any old detail spray,I have a small spray bottle that I refill after each trip from a quart jug of detail spray.I spray a whole lot on right after I uncover the bike in the morning and let it sit for a few minutes then the bugs come right off with a microfiber towel.Whats most important is that you clean it every time you ride.
    :
    : 2017 RTL ORBITAL BLUE

Spyder Garage

Vinegar and water in a squirt bottle. Used it for many many years.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Lemon Pledge is supposed to work well but it's also supposed to attract bees.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MONK View Post
    Lemon Pledge is supposed to work well but it's also supposed to attract bees.
    Splat bees!
    2018 RT Ltd - Asphalt Metallic - East Valley of Phoenix
    2018 RT Ltd Chrome - Champagne Metallic - Lake Stevens, Wa

(Champagne/Hooker) Magic Mirrors, 360 LED head lights, BajaRon sway bar, H&R springs and shock adjusters, dash cam, foam grips, third brake light 4 LED strobe for 7 seconds and then on steady, rear LED turn signals/8 ohm 50W resistors, sequential turn signals on front fenders, Vredestein and PPA Orb wheels on front and General out back, and driver backrest.

Things that move between machines: Ikea sheep skins, Zumo XT GPS, and extra tools. Hooker is going to be my summer trike up North; and Hookie my winter trike down South.

(Asphalt/Hookie) Elka shocks on front - BajaRon sway bar, OEM driver's backrest, LED headlights, dual USB with voltmeter, dash cam, foam grips - Magic Mirrors - front tires Vredestein Quatrac SL on PPA ORB Chrome wheels.

Spyder Garage

Plexus plastic cleaner and polish. Works great on windshields and helmet visors

Spyder Garage

I have used Yamaha spray cleaner and detailer for over 20 years. It cleans great and shines even better. And it is cheap. I used to use Pledge when you could get it unscented, but they don't make that any more, and the Lemon attracts too many bees.

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Very Active Member CloverHillCrawler's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

So from what I am reading am I screwing up by just washing the windshield (Blue Ridge) with the same car wash that I am using for the rest of my F3?

I am currently using Chemical guys citrus wash and gloss.

Please forgive my sins if this is wrong to do. But I am a new owner and only 2 washes in and I wasn't too sure about using it.

But I have been only using it very diluted just in case.

2020 F3 SE6

Safety and Lighting: LED Headlight upgrade, IPS LED Fog lights, Show Chrome LED Fender Signals, LED Signature Light, Tric LED Afterburnerz, MotoHorn 2.0

Suspension: Wilbers Front and Rear Shocks, BajaRon Sway Bar, Vredestein Quatrac Front and Rear Tires

Comfort: Blue Ridge Windshield, Corbin Dual Touring Saddle, Ultimate Floorboards, OEM Passenger Backrest with Rear Shelf, OEM Passenger Floorboards Modified with High Risers from Pierre

Tackform Center Mount Phone Holder w/ rapid charging USB-C.
    2020 F3 , Black

Spyder Garage

Not sure what others think but I use this for the bike and windshield. I will admit that I don't go quite as fast as an aircraft.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    2020 RT Limited Chrome , Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by CloverHillCrawler View Post
    So from what I am reading am I screwing up by just washing the windshield (Blue Ridge) with the same car wash that I am using for the rest of my F3?

I am currently using Chemical guys citrus wash and gloss.

Please forgive my sins if this is wrong to do. But I am a new owner and only 2 washes in and I wasn't too sure about using it.

But I have been only using it very diluted just in case.
    I don’t use anything but water on my windshield and then polish with pledge. I used RV wax wash combo on my side by side when I got it way back when and the stuff began clouding my windshield. I’ll never use it on my spyder windshield. I soap wash the entire bike accept windshield then rinse everything down and the windshield at the same time at the end.

“Born to Ride......Ride to Live....MOATER ON !
    “Current ride: 2017 RT Limited”

Spyder Garage

A bug sponge,Meguiars car wash, chammy dry 20210331_111152[1].jpg

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Partzman23 View Post
    Thanks very much, Partzman.....never heard of it, but I’ll give it a go

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

I've used drug store hydrogen peroxide on bugs since my '06 GoldWing was new, and it hasn't damaged paint or windshield yet. Bugs foam up and soften after a few minutes, then wipe off with microfiber. Polish windshield, helmet visor, and tupperware with Original Bike Spirits.

Very Active Member bigbadbrucie's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by pidjones View Post
    ........ with Original Bike Spirits.
    What in the name of Christmas is “original bike spirits”? To my way of thinking, original spirits are all DRINABLE!

Tri-Axis Chrome Handlebars
    Sena SM10 BT Dongle
    Double USB Port/Volt meter
    LaMonster Magic Mirrors
    BajaRon Swaybar
    HALO Skid Plate
    Spyder Pops Rear Running Lights Turn Signals/Brake Light
    Spyder Pops Mirror Running Lights/Turn Signals
    Shorty Antenna
    LaMonster Cat Delete
    Akrapovic Muffler
    FOBO2 TPMS
    Rear Trunk Rack
    Bruce Erickson

Chilliwack, BC
    Canada
    You know when a politician is Lying. It's when his lips are moving!

2014 RTS-SE6 - Cognac

intro to m/c 1949 Royal Enfield 500cc thumper

Spyder Garage

When they quit making the can that said Honda cleaner and polish I started looking for an alternative. Quite a while ago I read that this Honda stuff was the very same cleaner/polish that was put out by all of the big motorcycle companies but the label said Honda, Suzuki, Kawasaki, Harley, etc cleaner polish depending on the dealership brand it was being sold at. Some time ago they stopped this practice and just went to the name Original Bike Spirits. True or not - I believe it. Still good stuff.
    2021 RT Ltd, Marsala Red/Black, Dark
    New course heading Mr Sulu: 2nd star to the right and straight on til morning...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bigbadbrucie View Post
    What in the name of Christmas is “original bike spirits”? To my way of thinking, original spirits are all DRINABLE!
    Original Bike Spirits is what was once called "Honda Spray Cleaner and Polish".