Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 40 of 40
  1. #26
    Member Coastie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Location
    Loudon County, Tennessee
    Posts
    27
    Spyder Garage
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rattlebars View Post
    Sweet! you'll love it.
    I am.

    Coastie

  2. #27
    Very Active Member Rattlebars's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Girard OH (summer) Greenville SC (winter)
    Posts
    810
    Spyder Garage
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Newby View Post
    Semi auto - no other option in 2021. Liking it and I will be keeping my H-D Tri Glide so I can enjoy both.

    Coastie
    (a.k.a. Newby)
    I did not know that. Bear in mind, there are so many changes year to year on these bikes that it's near impossible to keep up. One should always edit one's signature to include the current model and year of your bike in it. It's at the "settings" link at the top of every page next to your name. Click the pic to see. It will show up at the bottom of every post you make automatically. Welcome aboard!

    editsig.jpg
    to see my 2016 F3-T and many how to's
    2016 F3-T SE6 Roadster , Extended brake pedal for which I drilled out the brake rod yolk to lower it and added spacers to lift it slightly Black/Grey

  3. #28
    Member Coastie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Location
    Loudon County, Tennessee
    Posts
    27
    Spyder Garage
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rattlebars View Post
    One should always edit one's signature to include the current model and year of your bike in it. It's at the "settings" link at the top of every page next to your name.
    Thanks,
    Coastie

    Spider F3-S SS 2021
    H-D Tri Glide 2012

  4. #29
    Active Member McRuss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Ruidoso Downs, New Mexico
    Posts
    186
    Spyder Garage
    0

    Default

    I traded an FJR1300 with 'computer aided' clutch, 97,000 miles, for my 2020 F3 Ltd. The FJR gave a choice of shifting with foot or paddle, no clutch lever, and I found that I shifted up with paddle and down with foot. The transition to the F3 semi-auto was easy EXCEPT for one thing: the FJR shifted up with the finger and down with the thumb while the F3 is just the opposite! I can't tell you how many times I downshifted at higher than normal rpms! Took way to long to get past the 'muscle memory' but after 2000 miles, I finally got it.
    2020 F3 Limited, driver back rest, modified rear fender for tire access, GPS mount, Gold plugs. Full disclosure: the map is States and Providences ridden to/in on a two wheel motorcycle, not a Spyder.

  5. #30
    Active Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Alamogordo, NM
    Posts
    345
    Spyder Garage
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by McRuss View Post
    I traded an FJR1300 with 'computer aided' clutch, 97,000 miles, for my 2020 F3 Ltd. The FJR gave a choice of shifting with foot or paddle, no clutch lever, and I found that I shifted up with paddle and down with foot. The transition to the F3 semi-auto was easy EXCEPT for one thing: the FJR shifted up with the finger and down with the thumb while the F3 is just the opposite! I can't tell you how many times I downshifted at higher than normal rpms! Took way to long to get past the 'muscle memory' but after 2000 miles, I finally got it.
    McRuss, where did you get your F3, love that color BTW. I live down in Alamogordo, love Ruidoso. Started snow skiing there in '62-'63 when I went to Texas Tech over in Lubbock.
    Dean O
    Gran Pa Hoon
    Founder San Jose BMW
    Builder of the Motorcyclist Cafe Barn and Bunkhouse
    Alamogordo, NM

  6. #31
    Member Coastie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Location
    Loudon County, Tennessee
    Posts
    27
    Spyder Garage
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by McRuss View Post
    ... The transition to the F3 semi-auto was easy EXCEPT for one thing: ... , I finally got it.
    Me too.
    Coastie

    Spider F3-S SS 2021
    H-D Tri Glide 2012

  7. #32
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Lenoir City, TN
    Posts
    5
    Spyder Garage
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Coastie View Post
    Me too.
    Coastie, where abouts are you? I live in Lenoir City and have a 2009 GS, looking to buy an F3-S. Going to look at one tomorrow.

  8. #33
    Member Coastie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Location
    Loudon County, Tennessee
    Posts
    27
    Spyder Garage
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by achamb7 View Post
    Coastie, where abouts are you? I live in Lenoir City and have a 2009 GS, looking to buy an F3-S. Going to look at one tomorrow.
    I am on the other side of the Tennessee River from you. If I told you exactly you would have to be sworn to secrecy. We are Tennessee natives. My ancestor (half Cherokee and half Welsh) with his family came over the mountains in the 1700's. We are not carpetbaggers like my neighbors. So now I guess you know where I live.

    If you are going to Alcoa Good Times, I hope they finally put the F-3 S together or at least charged the batteries on the two other F3 that were on the floor. I tried twice to test ride one there with no luck. I found my F3-S SS in Chattanooga at White's Cycle and Marine. I have also heard good things about the dealer in Kodak and https://www.powersports-pro.com/ but nothing good about Alcoa from either Can Am or BMW riders.
    Coastie

    Spider F3-S SS 2021
    H-D Tri Glide 2012

  9. #34
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Lenoir City, TN
    Posts
    5
    Spyder Garage
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Coastie View Post
    I am on the other side of the Tennessee River from you. If I told you exactly you would have to be sworn to secrecy. We are Tennessee natives. My ancestor (half Cherokee and half Welsh) with his family came over the mountains in the 1700's. We are not carpetbaggers like my neighbors. So now I guess you know where I live.

    If you are going to Alcoa Good Times, I hope they finally put the F-3 S together or at least charged the batteries on the two other F3 that were on the floor. I tried twice to test ride one there with no luck. I found my F3-S SS in Chattanooga at White's Cycle and Marine. I have also heard good things about the dealer in Kodak and https://www.powersports-pro.com/ but nothing good about Alcoa from either Can Am or BMW riders.
    I am actually going to look at a used model, 2015 F3-S SM6. If that doesn’t work out I’ll go to White’s. Went to Alcoa a couple of weeks back and it was a base and still in the crate.

    I actually work in Loudon, we build big brown trucks.

  10. #35
    Member Coastie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Location
    Loudon County, Tennessee
    Posts
    27
    Spyder Garage
    0

    Default

    Called White's before you make a special trip. I have found most of the dealers within a hundred miles of here never have there website inventory up to date. Might save you a wasted trip.
    Coastie

    Spider F3-S SS 2021
    H-D Tri Glide 2012

  11. #36
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Lenoir City, TN
    Posts
    5
    Spyder Garage
    0

    Default

    Will do, thanks.

    We need to ride some time. Wife had surgery a couple weeks ago so she can’t ride right now, but the GS will be going to her. She doesn’t know how to ride yet, but it’s a SE5 so should be an easy learning curve for her.

  12. #37
    Member Coastie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Location
    Loudon County, Tennessee
    Posts
    27
    Spyder Garage
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by achamb7 View Post
    Will do, thanks.

    We need to ride some time. Wife had surgery a couple weeks ago so she canít ride right now, but the GS will be going to her. She doesnít know how to ride yet, but itís a SE5 so should be an easy learning curve for her.
    Sounds like a plan. My wife told me before I bought my first trike on '09, she would not ride again with me like when we were first married without an axle and two wheels under her. She will ride on the back of the Harley but not on the F-3 S SS so I'll never be selling the Harley.
    Coastie

    Spider F3-S SS 2021
    H-D Tri Glide 2012

  13. #38
    Active Member rjinaz86323's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Location
    Arizona high country
    Posts
    49
    Spyder Garage
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Coastie View Post
    My wife told me she would not ride again with me without an axle and two wheels under her.
    My wife was concerned about the same thing, but now that she has ridden on the Spyder she agrees it rides smoother than the TriGlide. But she likes the Harley seat and backrest better.


    2018 F3 Limited - Intense Red Pearl


  14. #39
    Very Active Member troop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    Stoughton, WI
    Posts
    1,356
    Spyder Garage
    1

    Default

    Gee, I guess I'm lucky that my wife has zero interest in riding, or being a passenger


    2019 F3-S SE6 Monolith Black
    --------------------------------
    Comfort: Madstad 14" dark gray - 20" light gray windshields/Seth Laam seat/Homemade floorboards-highway pegs/+5 linkage/Attitude bars/Heated grips/Big Bike backrest

    Ride and Handling: Spyder Extras sway bar/Vredestein Q5 front tires/Cooper CS5 Ultra rear tire/Two Up shock/Laser aligned/15" Widow PPA wheels/Podium 1.5 front shocks

    Performance: DynoJet PV3 (custom mapped by Fuel Moto)/K&N air filter/Lamonster belt roller/Pedal Commander/EBC HH brake pads/TBR exhaust

    Convenience: Shad detachable luggage/Top Cuff w/handlebar mirrors/Garmin Zumo XT GPS/Lamonster Packrack-Kappa 56L top case

    Safety/Protection: H4 LED headlights/Aux rear LED lights/TricLED driving lights/TricLED run-brake-turn rear light/Frunk lip LED light strip/Spyder Extras bumper guard grill/ chopped rear fender
    2019 F3-S , Monolith black

  15. #40
    Member Coastie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Location
    Loudon County, Tennessee
    Posts
    27
    Spyder Garage
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by troop View Post
    Gee, I guess I'm lucky that my wife has zero interest in riding, or being a passenger
    https://external-content.duckduckgo....gif&f=1&nofb=1
    For both of you.
    Coastie

    Spider F3-S SS 2021
    H-D Tri Glide 2012

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •