Spyder Garage

Default New Motor and Activated Airbag.

Finally got my 2019 F3L back with the new motor. BRP covered the install after the oil pump gears failed. The trike had just under 6K miles. After the dealer installed the motor and was checking everything out, they noticed the airbag was not inflating so they kept it another day to investigate. Apparently, nobody told the computer it was going into a Spyder with an airbag. So, I have been riding for a year without the airbag. So far, I have not really noticed any difference, but then I use an Airsoft cushion.

Just before the Spyder died, I had some color added. My decoration taste is atrocious (so I've been told), so I just told them to make it look sharp, but not too gaudy. I think it came out very nice looking,
    Attached Images Attached Images

Very Active Member CopperSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Glad to hear your back up and running
    My Spyder
    2012 RTL , Brown

Spyder Garage

vibrant green. glad you got things worked out.

Spyder Garage

Wow, a Seahawks fan from California!
    2018 RT Ltd - Asphalt Metallic - East Valley of Phoenix
    2018 RT Ltd Chrome - Champagne Metallic - Lake Stevens, Wa

(Champagne/Hooker) Magic Mirrors, 360 LED head lights, BajaRon sway bar, H&R springs and shock adjusters, dash cam, foam grips, third brake light 4 LED strobe for 7 seconds and then on steady, rear LED turn signals/8 ohm 50W resistors, sequential turn signals on front fenders, Vredestein and PPA Orb wheels on front and General out back, and driver backrest.

Things that move between machines: Ikea sheep skins, Zumo XT GPS, and extra tools. Hooker is going to be my summer trike up North; and Hookie my winter trike down South.

(Asphalt/Hookie) Elka shocks on front - BajaRon sway bar, OEM driver's backrest, LED headlights, dual USB with voltmeter, dash cam, foam grips - Magic Mirrors - front tires Vredestein Quatrac SL on PPA ORB Chrome wheels.

Spyder Garage

You must have had some air in that bag, it just wasn't adjusting itself!! When my pump went on me, in the middle of a ride, there was no way you would have not noticed that, it was dead to the frame, the shock was working as a dampener to keep it from bouncing down the road!! In short it sucked!!! Good luck and enjoy the new motor and self adjusting ride, hope it holds up better than mine did!!
    2012 RTL , Pearl