Spyder Garage

Default BRP Connect - must I lose the tach to play music?

Just setting up my brp connect. I am correct if I use brp to play a music app I lose my tach?
    Is there anyway to use brp and see my tach?
    New to all this stuff.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Yes and not that I'm aware of. You CAN directly BT your phone to the bike then use the bikes speakers or BT to your helmet. I either do that or just BT my phone directly to my helmet. I've found the BuRP Connect STILL isn't ready for prime time. I'm hoping the next generation ditches Connect altogether and goes with Android Auto/Apple Carplay.

Spyder Garage

If I'm understanding you right, you shouldn't lose your tach. Just go back to the home screen after connecting your blue tooth device(phone) to BRP connect. Your tach should be there. Whatever music you're playing should still show title and artist, just minimized across a scroll bar on the tach.
    To get there, press the menu button on the back side of the left handle bar. Then use the joystick to click to the left to take you back to the home icon. Once there, use the joystick to select the home icon. You'll pretty much have the look of the normal home screen with the full display of Speedometer and tach.

Spyder Garage

***Correction, it isn't on a scroll bar. It has it's own section to the right of the speedometer and tach(which will be in the center of the display screen)