Spyder Garage

Default 2020 RT panel under the headlight

Anyone who owns one knows how the panel flexes with no support. Pain in the neck when you're trying to clean. Had some hardware,carriage bolts and tabs of metal and made these. The holes are already in the body. It's a little tight getting the nut underneath there is access from the side, you might have to take the panel off I squeezed my hand in there.There's a nut underneath the tab at the top so you can screw it in then position the tab. Nice and firm now. Not the prettiest looking but nobody sees it. Anybody with a 2021 did BRP fix this?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

No because that's meant to be removed quickly to gain access to the BUDS connector and most remove it when you remove the side tupperware. You can also remove that if you get locked out of your frunk. Since it's "open" underneath, it gets lots of dirt/bugs/leaves under there so it's handy to be able to remove to clean and/or vacuum. Not sure you'll like it bolted down.

Spyder Garage

It's not bolted down it rests on top of the carriage bolts and the tabs. The ends are being supported where they collapse. It's removed the same way it always was in 2 seconds.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by TIMMB View Post
    It's not bolted down it rests on top of the carriage bolts and the tabs. The ends are being supported where they collapse. It's removed the same way it always was in 2 seconds.
    I have a 2021 and it's the same as your 2020. No difference there. Interesting idea.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

My 2021 seems secure and firm in that area. No flexing issues. The panel has nubs on the end that mate to the adjacent panel on mine. Maybe a 2021 updated part?
    2021 Sea to Sky RT , Highland green

Spyder Garage

Maybe they made them longer mine has them too but they barely engage and pop right out.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Joel The Biker View Post
    My 2021 seems secure and firm in that area. No flexing issues. The panel has nubs on the end that mate to the adjacent panel on mine. Maybe a 2021 updated part?
    I'm with Joel on this one. My 21 is pretty secure. Not easily flexed.
    GLIDE-ON>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"Blue Belle" 2021 RTL Chrome in Petrol Blue
    2021 RTL Chrome , Petrol Blue