Spyder Garage

Default 12v plug installation on '15 STS?

Hi there. I have a BRP 12v receptacle, given to me uninstalled by the previous owner. There is a plug on the back side of the frunk, looks like plug-n-play for this accessory. The receptacle has a threaded shank. How do I install this?
    Current Rides:
    2015 Spyder ST-S SM5
    2016 Honda Gold Wing ABS/Navi
    2022 Royal Enfield Classic 350
    2021 Royal Enfield Himalayan

Very Active Member Snowbelt Spyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by VStarRider View Post
    Hi there. I have a BRP 12v receptacle, given to me uninstalled by the previous owner. There is a plug on the back side of the frunk, looks like plug-n-play for this accessory. The receptacle has a threaded shank. How do I install this?
    On early model RT's you had to drill a hole in the rear wall of the frunk. Later version Roadsters had the hole already there with a plastic plug in it. I'm not familiar with your STS frunk, but could only find two installation instructions for Roadsters. Links should open the instructions. One of these should at least give you the right idea.

https://instructions.brp.com/content...mber=219400366

https://instructions.brp.com/content...mber=219400203

Doug

2023 RT Limited, RT 622, BUDS/BUD2 Megatech/Megatronic

”Freedom is not a loophole”

F4 Customs SWCV, Ultimate, Lidlox, Adjustable Side Vents, Leather Like Grips, SS Grills, Centramatic, Garmin XT2, BajaRon Original Sway Bar w/ Lamonster links, P238

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Snowbelt Spyder View Post
    On early model RT's you had to drill a hole in the rear wall of the frunk. Later version Roadsters had the hole already there with a plastic plug in it. I'm not familiar with your STS frunk, but could only find two installation instructions for Roadsters. Links should open the instructions. One of these should at least give you the right idea.

https://instructions.brp.com/content...mber=219400203
    Thank you, this was very helpful. I searched the BRP instructions website and was unable to find what you found. I wonder if I remove the battery cover and pull the battery out into the frunk, if that will give me the space to do the installation...
    Current Rides:
    2015 Spyder ST-S SM5
    2016 Honda Gold Wing ABS/Navi
    2022 Royal Enfield Classic 350
    2021 Royal Enfield Himalayan

Very Active Member Snowbelt Spyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

That I can’t help with. Not familiar with ST frunk and battery area. It doesn’t hurt to try.

Doug

2023 RT Limited, RT 622, BUDS/BUD2 Megatech/Megatronic

”Freedom is not a loophole”

F4 Customs SWCV, Ultimate, Lidlox, Adjustable Side Vents, Leather Like Grips, SS Grills, Centramatic, Garmin XT2, BajaRon Original Sway Bar w/ Lamonster links, P238

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by VStarRider View Post
    The threaded shank should just be way to secure to the frunk: unthread the supplied retaining nut(possibly threaded all way tight) insert receptacle in proper hole, thread nut back on from the back till secure. Firm hand tight usually good enough , tool would over tighten maybe misshape. Removing the battery cover should allow easier access (not removing the frunk tub) just so you make sure keep the polarity correct as indicated on the receptacle.

Snowbelt thanks finding link

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock