Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default FREE: pair of OEM Kenda front tires :FREE

Swapped out my front OEM Kendas on my 2021 RT this morning for some Q5s. The stock Kendas are fine with good tread left. No dents, dings, bulges, etc. I'm willing to give them away BUT I will NOT ship. You MUST pick them up in N. Wilkesboro, NC 28659. (If I don't get rid of them in the next few weeks, I'll cut them up and toss them in the trash.) (I don't know what else other than a 2021 RT they'll fit.)

20210320_114427.jpg20210320_114413.jpg

EDIT: They're current sitting on my front porch to keep water out of them. With the city being the arseholes they are, I'm not sure how long they'll allow that before they start to complain.

Spyder Garage

Very nice of you Monk, surely someone close to you can use them. I'm 3.5 hours away so a no go for me.
    2020 RT Limited Chrome , Petrol Blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Bump to the top. I really hate to toss these tires.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MONK View Post
    Bump to the top. I really hate to toss these tires.
    Go on MONK, it can be very cathartic! . I even asked others to give/send me their discarded OEM Spec Kenda take-offs just so I could cut them up to check out their construction faults & marvel at the astounding levels of incompetence & poor quality control that revealed before tossing them out -:and for well over 30 tires now, some with less than 20kms on the road, every single time I threw a Kenda on the scrap heap, it felt bloody fantastic!!

Altho I hafta admit that I do have access to a friendly tyre recycler, so unlike most here in Oz, I don't have to pay for the privilege of throwing away used tyres!
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

I am beginning to think you can't even give OEM tires away no matter how new they are. Everybody and their Mother including me seems to have them for sale or giving them away. RIP

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I'm not going to expend the energy to cut them up. I'll just put them out with the trash and hope the sanitation engineers pick them up. I don't get any joy out of tossing them. There are some here that like the Kendas. I hoped I could do someone a solid by giving them away. Apparently not although the day after I toss them, someone will want/need them. I was thinking, maybe someone who has even less money than I do (if that's possible) might have worn out front tires and this would be a way for them to keep riding. Better Kendas than nothing.

Spyder Garage

I agree that what you tried to do was a nice thought, but sometimes you just hafta cut your losses and get rid of some things.

Personally, now that I've not only experienced how badly some of these OE spec tires can work, but also seen how poorly many of them have been (and as of late last year, still are being ) constructed, I couldn't in good conscience ever feel comfortable giving them to... heck, I couldn't/wouldn't feel comfortable even paying my worst enemy to take them, but that's just me/my opinion of them.

And you've tried to help someone out, which is admirable, so there's no reason to feel bad about tossing them - they didn't do what you wanted them to do/behave the way you expected, so you've moved on AND you've tried to help someone else out in doing so, but no-one was in a position to avail themselves of the offer at the time! There's nothing bad in that - and now you've gotta get rid of them, so go on, do it. Altho I wouldn't be at all surprised if you DO find that doing so brings at least some sense of relief &/or release - as I said earlier, I still get that, only for me, because of what I've seen/experienced with them, it feels bloody good each time I do, knowing that there's another one of them off the roads!
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 04-12-2021 at 06:15 PM.
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

You folks can be on the cruel side sometimes.

I would gladly take them off your hands...but the shipping on the pair would not be worth it to me. My current OEM fronts have 14K on them and I think I can get this years riding season out of them. Next year, going to need a set of some kind of fronts.

I just put a K9 on the rear, so the jury is still out on that one.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ARtraveler View Post
    You folks can be on the cruel side sometimes.

I just put a K9 on the rear, so the jury is still out on that one.

Sometimes, you just hafta be cruel to be kind AR! .

As for the K9's, there's lots of people waiting for that verdict with baited breath....

Just not sure if it's 'rat bait' or 'dog bait' yet? .

I just hadta do it - she made me!!
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Mine will probably still be behind the access door to the area under our rear deck years from now! A gift that is hard to re-gift! Next time I am at Nash Power Sports I will ask if they want them for a traded resale bike that might pass through their shop.
    2018 RT Limited - Asphalt Metallic - East Valley of Phoenix/ 2018 RT Limited Chrome
    Champagne Metallic Lake Stevens, Wa

(Champagne/Hooker)Magic Mirrors, 360 LED head lights, BajaRon sway bar, H&R springs and shock adjusters, dash cam, foam grips, third brake light 4 LED strobe for 7 seconds and then on steady, rear LED turn signals/8 ohm 50W resistors, sequential turn signals on front fenders, Federal Formosa's front and General out back, and driver backrest.

Things that move between machines: Ikea sheep skins, Zuno XT GPS, and extra tools. Hooker is going to be my summer up North and Hookie my winter trike down South.

(Asphalt/Hookie) Elka shocks on front - BajaRon sway bar, OEM drivers backrest, LED headlights, dual USB with volt meter, dash can, foam grips - magic mirrors - front tires Vredestein Quatrac SL on PPA ORB Chrome wheels.

Spyder Garage

Monk I would think you could take the Kendas to any tire shop for disposal. After all they have to dispose of old tires all the time.
    2020 F3 Ltd

Spyderpops Bumpskid
    Spyderpops Brake/Run/Turn Signal LED's
    Lamonster Garage LED Fog Lights and Headlights
    2013 ST-S retired 1/9/16 at 25,061 miles
    2015 F3S sold at 77,565 miles.
    2015 F3-S , BajaRon Plugs Can-Am Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Aawen View Post
    I agree that what you tried to do was a nice thought, but sometimes you just hafta cut your losses and get rid of some things.

Personally, now that I've not only experienced how badly some of these OE spec tires can work, but also seen how poorly many of them have been (and as of late last year, still are being ) constructed, I couldn't in good conscience ever feel comfortable giving them to... heck, I couldn't/wouldn't feel comfortable even paying my worst enemy to take them, but that's just me/my opinion of them.

And you've tried to help someone out, which is admirable, so there's no reason to feel bad about tossing them - they didn't do what you wanted them to do/behave the way you expected, so you've moved on AND you've tried to help someone else out in doing so, but no-one was in a position to avail themselves of the offer at the time! There's nothing bad in that - and now you've gotta get rid of them, so go on, do it. Altho I wouldn't be at all surprised if you DO find that doing so brings at least some sense of relief &/or release - as I said earlier, I still get that, only for me, because of what I've seen/experienced with them, it feels bloody good each time I do, knowing that there's another one of them off the roads!
    Dang Peter you're bumming me out. I am really starting to believe NOBODY is going to pay $50 for my brand new tires. And you're not helping out one bit. LOL

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by AZCanAm View Post
    Dang Peter you're bumming me out. I am really starting to believe NOBODY is going to pay $50 for my brand new tires. And you're not helping out one bit. LOL
    Whaaat!! But there are still people out there who like them?!?
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Wow! I can't believe I didn't see this before. I will take them. Shoot me a pm, or give me a call or text. I am thinking they will work on my F3T. I know that brand is not the best, but I have had the oem Kendans on my bike for almost 23k miles of service. Now that I have the BMW I will be using the spyder for more 2 up riding. Which means slower speeds and those will work great. I will see if I can get up between now and next Sunday. If I bring a trash bag to put them in, do you think they will fit in the back of the stang?
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Snoking1127 View Post
    Mine will probably still be behind the access door to the area under our rear deck years from now! A gift that is hard to re-gift! Next time I am at Nash Power Sports I will ask if they want them for a traded resale bike that might pass through their shop.
    Are you saying that OEM Kenda's are the new fruit cake?

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

SOLD! (or, you know, whatever)