Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Interesting way to lift the front of the bike

I swapped out the Kendas for Q5s today on my 2021 RT. I told the shop I wanted it lifted by the ends of the A arms and I wanted some wood between the jacks and the bike so nothing would get scratched. The shop didn't have any wood but they had a ton of shop rags. That works. However, they couldn't get their floor jacks under the bike SO....they thought outside the box. Pretty damn smart, if you ask me.

20210320_094227.jpg

Spyder Garage

Let us know the difference in the Kendas. Will keep mine stock until at least 3,000. So far seems ok on the road, getting new front pulley put on next week.

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MONK View Post
    I swapped out the Kendas for Q5s today on my 2021 RT. I told the shop I wanted it lifted by the ends of the A arms and I wanted some wood between the jacks and the bike so nothing would get scratched. The shop didn't have any wood but they had a ton of shop rags. That works. However, they couldn't get their floor jacks under the bike SO....they thought outside the box. Pretty damn smart, if you ask me.

20210320_094227.jpg
    I'm guessing they did have regular ( none center post type ) car / trk lift ...... and they added some extensions to one of the arms >>>>>> yep " out of the box " thinkers ...... Mike

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    I'm guessing they did have regular ( none center post type ) car / trk lift ...... and they added some extensions to one of the arms >>>>>> yep " out of the box " thinkers ...... Mike
    Nope. This is a regular 2 post lift. The angle makes it look like the arms are 20' long but they're the standard rear arms (which are longer than the fronts). They screwed down the bits that rest against a normal car frame all the way then added about an inch of shop rags to the top of each. I wanted them to utilize a little farther out on the A arms but the angle wouldn't work. Still, some good thinking. I got both tires mounted/balanced for 20 bucks so I threw the tech a 10 spot.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by milryder View Post
    Let us know the difference in the Kendas. Will keep mine stock until at least 3,000. So far seems ok on the road, getting new front pulley put on next week.
    I wan't feeling well so I only rode the bike back home, about 4 miles (if that). They already felt like they rode better. Turning was easier and the ride was a bit improved. If I feel better tomorrow afternoon, I'll take her out for some more miles so I can see how the handling improves.

That's what I did. I have right around 3k miles on the OEM Kendas. They still LOOK great but from what everyone who has switched to car tires says, the ride and handling are both vastly improved with car tires. Hope so since now I've got about $200 in tires + mounting/balancing.