Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by trikermutha View Post
    Are you sure its a C8 corvette? He mentioned Hagerty for insurance classic and collector cars.
    2.8 0-60
    Weight 3366
    Height 48.6 in Off by 0.1"

He typo'd the HP by 5
    2018 RT Ltd - Asphalt Metallic - East Valley of Phoenix
    2018 RT Ltd Chrome - Champagne Metallic - Lake Stevens, Wa

(Champagne/Hooker) Magic Mirrors, 360 LED head lights, BajaRon sway bar, H&R springs and shock adjusters, dash cam, foam grips, third brake light 4 LED strobe for 7 seconds and then on steady, rear LED turn signals/8 ohm 50W resistors, sequential turn signals on front fenders, Vredestein and PPA Orb wheels on front and General out back, and driver backrest.

Things that move between machines: Ikea sheep skins, Zumo XT GPS, and extra tools. Hooker is going to be my summer trike up North; and Hookie my winter trike down South.

(Asphalt/Hookie) Elka shocks on front - BajaRon sway bar, OEM driver's backrest, LED headlights, dual USB with voltmeter, dash cam, foam grips - Magic Mirrors - front tires Vredestein Quatrac SL on PPA ORB Chrome wheels.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    The price quoted was $ 986 ( plus $45 for their club membership ? ) for 12 mos. with good full coverage .... I live in rural Vt. and I'm sure that was a factor ... plus I'm 74 ..... and to answer question of color ... it's Torch Red ..............Mike
    WOW, guess would won the color contest! DO NOT turn off traction control. Talked to a guy that did a test drive and it get turned off. He got on it at 110 MPH on the 202 in East Valley of Phoenix and did donuts, and lucky did not hit a Jersey Wall. For a mid range HP car these new C8's and animals!

(Champagne/Hooker) Magic Mirrors, 360 LED head lights, BajaRon sway bar, H&R springs and shock adjusters, dash cam, foam grips, third brake light 4 LED strobe for 7 seconds and then on steady, rear LED turn signals/8 ohm 50W resistors, sequential turn signals on front fenders, Vredestein and PPA Orb wheels on front and General out back, and driver backrest.

Things that move between machines: Ikea sheep skins, Zumo XT GPS, and extra tools. Hooker is going to be my summer trike up North; and Hookie my winter trike down South.

(Asphalt/Hookie) Elka shocks on front - BajaRon sway bar, OEM driver's backrest, LED headlights, dual USB with voltmeter, dash cam, foam grips - Magic Mirrors - front tires Vredestein Quatrac SL on PPA ORB Chrome wheels.

Spyder Garage

Yeah, it's a corvette for sure, only car that comes in torchred.......
    ENJOY THE Ride Mike
    the funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it........

Spyder F3s 2019 All Black ( Named it: Brutus)
    Carbon Items added, just for looks
    Upgraded Shocks Trac-Tive, Rear hi/lo and rebound adjustable, with Hydraulic Pre-Load adjuster
    fronts hi/lo and rebound adjustable, custom made by the Trac-Tive Guru's
    Swaybar (Ron's)
    Tyres Front Michelin Cross Climate+ 175/60-15
    Rear, for 2022 still a Kenda, next Yokohama Advan Fleva 205/55R15
    Exhaust Bone stock, with a RLS Cat- Delete
    Custom ECU-Mapping, rewritten/adapted to my Ridingstyle
    Pedalbox, Awesome Upgrade...
    2019 F3s , O.E.M. Black, Black, Black

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Piratezz View Post
    Yeah, it's a corvette for sure, only car that comes in torchred.......
    ENJOY THE Ride Mike
    I forgot all about this Thread .... final chapter Dealer called and said He won't be getting mine in .... His allotment of Vets for this year are less than He hoped for .... ...maybe it wasn't meant to be ..... Mike

Spyder Garage

Awwwwww Mike so sorry. Any possibility of finding one somewhere else?

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by pegasus1300 View Post
    Awwwwww Mike so sorry. Any possibility of finding one somewhere else?
    I suppose there is that possibility .... However I have been looking at this ... FFR Forum an F-9 ... using a Chevy 376 EFI engine ( Blue Print engines ) ... 505 HP .... est. weight of F-9 is 2500 lbs. .... I would have the car professionally built ...... Mike

Spyder Garage

I suppose there is that possibility .... However I have been looking at this ... FFR Forum an F-9 ... using a Chevy 376 EFI engine ( Blue Print engines ) ... 505 HP .... est. weight of F-9 is 2500 lbs. .... I would have the car professionally built ...... Mike
    Mike,

Is that Factory Five Racing, or did I end up at the wrong place?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5LaybbV0h4

If it is Factory Five, and there's a video you want here, let me know.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by wyliec View Post
    Mike,

Is that Factory Five Racing, or did I end up at the wrong place?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5LaybbV0h4

If it is Factory Five, and there's a video you want here, let me know.
    Yep .... that's the best video, and it is from Factory Five .... Erik Treves was selected to build the first one and it will Debut at the SEMA show later this year. .... The one shown is a V-10, but most will be various Ford and Chevy motors. ... FF designed it to outperform the new C-8 Vette. ... The people at FF are experts in what they do. Their first " supercar " design was the " GTM " ... late model Corvette running gear in their chassis / frame & body .... that was wind-tunnel tested to go over 200 mph, and some race teams actually went over that speed. ....Thanks Mike

Spyder Garage

I was talking to a guy at the Fountain Hills Sunday car show a few weeks ago and he got a big crack in the windshield the first week. No windshields available for the C8 for months to a year!!!!!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

What happened with that kit car you were building?
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by UtahPete View Post
    What happened with that kit car you were building?
    Still working on it .... while trying to lower the rear half of the body ( so it looks more like the real thing ) discovered that the engine parts were too high for where I wanted the body to be. I've decided to swap the manifold for a Low-rise style and find a lower distributor, or possibly go to " coil packs " and no distributor. .... also have to find a bracket ( that matches up with the front of the 350 chevy) so I can spread the A/C and Alternator to either side of the engine. ... the bracket is proving to be problematic, I may have to design and build my own ..... Mike

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Still working on it .... while trying to lower the rear half of the body ( so it looks more like the real thing ) discovered that the engine parts were too high for where I wanted the body to be. I've decided to swap the manifold for a Low-rise style and find a lower distributor, or possibly go to " coil packs " and no distributor. .... also have to find a bracket ( that matches up with the front of the 350 chevy) so I can spread the A/C and Alternator to either side of the engine. ... the bracket is proving to be problematic, I may have to design and build my own ..... Mike
    Amazing!
    2014 RTL Platinum

SpyderLovers Ambassador Little Blue's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Street Racer

First off the 'FF' SOUNDS, like an amazing experience for a car.

Just wanted to know what you will do with a 'street racing vehicle'.
    I think that you would have a wonderful time with a speed boat.

I have a friend who has a case of the "need for speed' and he has a jet boat that will go about 80 mph.

This is good for that 'need for speed'.
    Just a thought you might want to consider.

ANYHOW, .......everything has it's enjoyment value.

"Happy Trails" on what ever you decide to do. ......
    ENJOY YOUR LIFE WITH A SPYDER
    Ryde with a Friend and be Safe

My Spyder .....'Little Blue-Boy'
    2016 RT Limited , Orbital Blue

Spyder Garage

Friend up the street is taking a relatively new Ford Mustang and upgrading it. He mentioned that he has the heads ported and polished, has a new set of cams for it, and some other goodies. Has to get at the brakes, and other items as well. He's going to join a club here in Victoria that goes up to the Vancouver Island Motorsport Circuit so he can give it a good go. He mentioned it's some $300.00 CDN for a day of fun at the track. I'm going to pay more attention to what he is doing because I like this sort of work. If I had the room, I'd like a late '60s model Mopar to bring back to life.
    "When Writing the Story of Your Life, Don’t Let Anyone Else Hold the Pen"
    "Too many of us are not living our dreams because we are living our fears.” – Les Brown

2014 Can-Am Spyder RT LE
    1985 Honda GL1200 Goldwing Limited Edition

Ernest

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Maybe time for a hellcat?

Spyder Garage

too late, have already one, ghegheghe... And Mike, sorry to hear you're vette isn't going to be delivered, didn't know they were in such demand...
    Still a nice ride tho, Windshields are becoming more of a problem to get by, factories in France and Italy, shutdown for more then six weeks, covid19 is guilty bout that.
    I have a windshield fitting shop overhere in the Netherlands, and I see some popular types are harder to order....
    Last edited by Piratezz; 06-06-2021 at 11:16 AM. Reason: wanted to add a photo
    the funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it........

Spyder F3s 2019 All Black ( Named it: Brutus)
    Carbon Items added, just for looks
    Upgraded Shocks Trac-Tive, Rear hi/lo and rebound adjustable, with Hydraulic Pre-Load adjuster
    fronts hi/lo and rebound adjustable, custom made by the Trac-Tive Guru's
    Swaybar (Ron's)
    Tyres Front Michelin Cross Climate+ 175/60-15
    Rear, for 2022 still a Kenda, next Yokohama Advan Fleva 205/55R15
    Exhaust Bone stock, with a RLS Cat- Delete
    Custom ECU-Mapping, rewritten/adapted to my Ridingstyle
    Pedalbox, Awesome Upgrade...
    2019 F3s , O.E.M. Black, Black, Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Little Blue View Post
    First off the 'FF' SOUNDS, like an amazing experience for a car.

Just wanted to know what you will do with a 'street racing vehicle'.
    I think that you would have a wonderful time with a speed boat.

I have a friend who has a case of the "need for speed' and he has a jet boat that will go about 80 mph.

This is good for that 'need for speed'.
    Just a thought you might want to consider.

ANYHOW, .......everything has it's enjoyment value.

"Happy Trails" on what ever you decide to do. ......
    Jet drive, the most inefficient drive system ever installed in a boat!

Spyder Garage

Im pretty sure corvettes cost more than that. Maybe a used one.
    2017 F3 Limited
    2017 F3 Limited , Lamonster Black Dymond brake pedal with brake rod at #5 Pure Magnesium Metallic

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by AY4B View Post
    Im pretty sure corvettes cost more than that. Maybe a used one.
    that is the advertised price around here. But I have not seen one go for less than about $89k. But at the advertised price, that would be a great deal for what you get.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Spyder Garage

Met a guy who said he paid 59,995 for his Corvette. It was beautiful! I thought that was a lot, then bought an 80K F450 Diesel Dually! Mike, I think it’s great - get whatever you desire. I just want you to give me a ride!!!
    Joe Meyer

Dealer for the Outlaw/ROLO laser Alignment system

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cptjam View Post
    Met a guy who said he paid 59,995 for his Corvette.
    That is a good deal for the amount of car that you get. Unfortunately there is nothing in my area to be had at that price. I do see an add every now and then listing them for about $62,000. But they are never available. They they talk to you about one that they have for around $90k. Here, there has been a shortage of them. Not sure if that is still true or not.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by blacklightning View Post
    that is the advertised price around here. But I have not seen one go for less than about $89k. But at the advertised price, that would be a great deal for what you get.
    The one I was supposed to get was for MSRP with a charge of $ 15.00 for a front license plate bracket ( the new Vette doesn't come standard with a bracket ) ...... however this is all moot , as stated earlier above , my dealer said it won't be delivered due to shortages ..... Mike

Spyder Garage

The one I was supposed to get was for MSRP with a charge of $ 15.00 for a front license plate bracket ( the new Vette doesn't come standard with a bracket ) ...... however this is all moot , as stated earlier above , my dealer said it won't be delivered due to shortages ..... Mike
    That sounds about right. Whenever I would go to the dealerships link for the 2020+ corvette, it would just be stating that I can "reserve" a corvette. Doesn't have any in stock and don't quote prices. The GT500 around here is upcharged by about $20k over sticker.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by blacklightning View Post
    That sounds about right. Whenever I would go to the dealerships link for the 2020+ corvette, it would just be stating that I can "reserve" a corvette. Doesn't have any in stock and don't quote prices. The GT500 around here is upcharged by about $20k over sticker.
    The dealership that I put my order in with .... was owned by His father and I'd known Him for 40 years ..... When I was a Cop in the same town I remember when Bobby Cody ( the son ) was born. ..... So I got the MSRP deal, everyone else were paying a lot more ..... Mike

Spyder Garage

Wow! That ain't chump change.