Spyder Garage

Default To those that switched from an 1330 Rt-s to an F3 limited

Any regrets from you folks that made that move. Thinking about a 2021 model. Took a test ride and I was impressed.

Spyder Garage

no regrets. 2019 rt to a 2017 f3 limited,for me needed the extra leg room for stretchin out

Spyder Garage

Yea, I could use a bit more leg room and I like the lower seat height.

Spyder Garage

Sold my 15 RTS for 18 F3L. I wouldn't go back. Never liked the high seat and lack of leg room. l love the F3L low seat and being able to stretch out. It handles better in the twisties.
    2018 F3 Limited , Oxford Blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

You F3L converts need to ride a 2020+ RT just once. Solved all of the leg room issues.

Spyder Garage

I have an F3-Limited and love it. When I was doing test rides I did not like the sit on top feel of the RT, the sit down and in of the F3-Limited was more comfortable for me. My wife liked the comfort of the RT better as a passenger.

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I went from a 2014 RT to a 2016 F3T. I like the ride and performance better on the F3T. But I miss the extra storage and adjustable windshield. Now that the new RT is out with the detatchable trunk and extra leg room, that would be the one for me. The small saddle bags on the F3T and F3 Limited is a real disappointment for me. What I like the most about my 2016 F3T is the larger rear sprocket for better acceleration. Now that is not even on them. The only bikes with the larger sprocket are the F3S. As stated above, check out the 2020 and up RT before making a final decision.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MONK View Post
    You F3L converts need to ride a 2020+ RT just once. Solved all of the leg room issues.
    I haven't rode the 20 plus RT. Didn't have to. Just sat on it and thou the seat is 1 inch lower. It is still 2 inches higher than the F3L. My knees were to low. Like to have them about even with my hips. To me it felt like the old RT with more leg room. At least brp leveled the floor boards.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JimH View Post
    I have an F3-Limited and love it. When I was doing test rides I did not like the sit on top feel of the RT, the sit down and in of the F3-Limited was more comfortable for me. My wife liked the comfort of the RT better as a passenger.
    If you get the Spyderpops trunk extender. Your wife will love the room it gives her. About 3 more inches. My wife said she has more room now than my RTS had.

Spyder Garage

I have had 2 previous RTS, a 2012 & 2015. Now I have a 2017 F3 Limited and I'm never going back to an RT. The F3 has brought the youngster out in me and I love the way it feels, more leg room since I'm 6'2" with long legs and the feel of a two wheeler where you sit in the bike and not on it, like I felt on the 2 RTS. Just my 2 cents worth.

2017 F3 Limited in Intense Red Pearl

2008 Triumph Rocket (SOLD)

2002 Honda VTX 1800 C ( SOLD)

2014 Triumph Thunderbird Commander

Spyder Garage

Traded in a 2013 RT-S for a 2020 RT-L. No regrets!
    Michael G
    2023 Nitro Blue Ryker 900 Sport
    2023 900 Sport , Nitro Blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JP58 View Post
    If you get the Spyderpops trunk extender. Your wife will love the room it gives her. About 3 more inches. My wife said she has more room now than my RTS had.
    Not sure what year he has but that only works on 2019 and previous.

Spyder Garage

Not sure what year he has but that only works on 2019 and previous.
    Yes 17 thru 19. Dont know if spyderpops is making it for newer.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JP58 View Post
    Yes 17 thru 19. Dont know if spyderpops is making it for newer.
    AFAIK, he's not. It would be tough to do due to the new LinQ system. If it could be done, it would probably be cost prohibitive. The older mount was just (4) bolts.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by duke50 View Post
    Any regrets from you folks that made that move. Thinking about a 2021 model. Took a test ride and I was impressed.
    No regrets, my hips would get out of joint on the RT Limited's I had, and I would go to the Doctor and he would tell me nothing was wrong with my hips! On my F3 Limited I have never had any hip problems and I have plenty of leg room! Also less panels to remove to change oil filter!

Spyder Garage

I bought one of the first RT's. 2010 Premier edition #474. Then had a 2011 A & C, and finally the new 2014 RT-S 1330. When talking RT's, I preferred the 1330 to the 998. 2014 was the intro year of the F3, I believe. I made the comment at that time that it looked like the front end of a Dodge truck.

Test sat one in about 2016 or so. Did not like the ergos. The dealer did not have the adjustment system to try out the feet and handlebar positions. For year's I claimed to be an RT person.

I started looking at F3's in 2019. Went to the closest dealer looked them over, but they would not deal one dollar on them. Ticked off, I drove my RT's for another year. Found iMotorsports. Checked out the 2019's in 2020, bought a Limited in the color I wanted, got a $2K rebate, they dealt a little bit, took my trade for the price I was willing to let it go for, and delivered to my door. A bit of a gamble, for I had yet to test drive one. Well...it worked out. Compared to my 2014 RT-s that was now left, and given to Linda, I begin to love the F3L. Turns out after going for short reach bars and foot position 2, it fit me like a glove. Handled much better than my RT's, and looked a bit more streamlined. A year later bought a year old new 2020 F3L for Linda. She was not sure at first, but now she has been won over.

Both of us are very happy with the F3's. No more RT's in our future.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Thanks for all for your responces. I'm convinced that an F3 will be in my shed in the very near future,"Glacier Blue" color. The pros outweigh the cons in my case.
    Can't take it with you when you go, might as well spend it!

Spyder Garage

I think it depends on your height, I did an hour demo ride on a 2021RT and still like the leg room and sitting position of my F3.

I also owned two RT’s previously and upgraded to the F3 because of the leg room and performance of my F3T (89 tooth sprocket) over my 2014 RT.
    Last edited by YIRYDE; 03-20-2021 at 07:36 AM. Reason: Added additional info
    [B]

2018 Intense Red F3T (See About Me under My Profile for mods)
    2010 Timeless Black RT-622 Trailer
    2014 Timeless Black RTS-SE6, 34,300 Miles, traded May 2019
    2011 Timeless Black RTS-SE5, 15,180 Miles, traded April 2014

Spyder Garage

I went from a 2013 RS to a 2017 F3-S..totally different trikes(though not tourers in their stock form). I'm much more comfy on the F3, the ergonomics are much better and of course it has more power. Can Am "got the Spyder right" with the F3 in my opinion.

Spyder Garage

Agree, with all the comment's here, I drove tehem both, and I just like the f3s better, better looks, better in the twisties, but in the end, it comes all to what fit's YOU best.
    the funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it........

Spyder F3s 2019 All Black ( Named it: Brutus)
    Carbon Items added, just for looks
    Upgraded Shocks Trac-Tive, Rear hi/lo and rebound adjustable, with Hydraulic Pre-Load adjuster
    fronts hi/lo and rebound adjustable, custom made by the Trac-Tive Guru's
    Swaybar (Ron's)
    Tyres Front Michelin Cross Climate+ 175/60-15
    Rear, for 2022 still a Kenda, next Yokohama Advan Fleva 205/55R15
    Exhaust Bone stock, with a RLS Cat- Delete
    Custom ECU-Mapping, rewritten/adapted to my Ridingstyle
    Pedalbox, Awesome Upgrade...
    2019 F3s , O.E.M. Black, Black, Black

Spyder Garage

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by ARtraveler View Post
    I bought one of the first RT's. 2010 Premier edition #474. Then had a 2011 A & C, and finally the new 2014 RT-S 1330. When talking RT's, I preferred the 1330 to the 998. 2014 was the intro year of the F3, I believe. I made the comment at that time that it looked like the front end of a Dodge truck.

Test sat one in about 2016 or so. Did not like the ergos. The dealer did not have the adjustment system to try out the feet and handlebar positions. For year's I claimed to be an RT person.

I started looking at F3's in 2019. Went to the closest dealer looked them over, but they would not deal one dollar on them. Ticked off, I drove my RT's for another year. Found iMotorsports. Checked out the 2019's in 2020, bought a Limited in the color I wanted, got a $2K rebate, they dealt a little bit, took my trade for the price I was willing to let it go for, and delivered to my door. A bit of a gamble, for I had yet to test drive one. Well...it worked out. Compared to my 2014 RT-s that was now left, and given to Linda, I begin to love the F3L. Turns out after going for short reach bars and foot position 2, it fit me like a glove. Handled much better than my RT's, and looked a bit more streamlined. A year later bought a year old new 2020 F3L for Linda. She was not sure at first, but now she has been won over.

Both of us are very happy with the F3's. No more RT's in our future.
    I agree! Although still have my 2015 RT-L and use it for touring Stateside, I am really enjoying the 2020 F3-T. I like sitting more “in” the Spyder vs “upon” it. I think the change in center of gravity and rider position greatly improves the ride
    2020 F3-T , ShowChrome Extended Brake Pedal Liquid Titanium/Matte Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by alaskaloon View Post
    I agree! Although still have my 2015 RT-L and use it for touring Stateside, I am really enjoying the 2020 F3-T. I like sitting more “in” the Spyder vs “upon” it. I think the change in center of gravity and rider position greatly improves the ride
    Hello. I spent 20 years in AK. Eagle River, and Chugiak. Sounds like you are just up the road. Team CC in ER, sold me five of my Spyders over the years we were there. I bought the F3's when we got to Arkansas.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

I just traded my 2018 RT SM6 with 300 miles and a factory warranty for a used 2017 F3 Limited with 6000 miles because I have a bad hip and knee and I just could not ride the RT.
    I took the passenger backrest pad off my Harley to sit on and prop me up to get my legs stretched out enough to tolerate more than 5 miles. Even with that, I was ready to get off after 60 miles.
    I sat on a 2021 RT Limited and it felt pretty good, but it was $7000 more than the used F3.
    So far, no regrets. I think the lower seating position makes the bike feel more stable. I've been riding 2 wheel cruiser and cruiser/touring bikes for a long time. The seating position on the F3 is way more comfortable for me.
    I will have to add a taller windshield for rides with my wife, though. I'm 6', she's about 5'7" so she sits higher than me and is getting blasted with the wind.

Spyder Garage

Yeah, Monk.....I would suggest that the comparison be between the pre 20 RT, to a 20/21 F3 AND a 20/21RT. The 20/21 RT is a completely different beast to the earlier RTs. There is no way I would have preferred a pre 20 RT to my F3-L, but the 20/21 RT is a winner for me, even if it has slightly less legroom for the “quite tall”

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red