Spyder Garage

Default Camera and Mount Location - which do you use & where is it mounted?

New Spyder owner
    Recently checked out accidents with spyders and made me want a camera to record the other drivers.
    What is the best camera and easy to use that you have purchased?
    Best location for mounting the unit? Helmet cams seem to make the video shaky due to twisting helmet looking for traffic.

Ideas and suggestions before I purchase.

Thanks!

Spyder Garage

Lots of 'sport' cameras out there. If you like to spend $$$$ look at the GoPro line - costly and maybe better than units 1/3 the cost. If you have a Garmin Zumo GPS look for a VIRB. You remote control it from the Zumo and it captures the G-metrics of your video for overlays in final edit. Lots of other branded cameras to choose like Sony or Panasonic and or course, plenty of no-name Chinese models that work.

Key features needed: Waterproof, Remote control, Stability (anti-shake).

I mounted mine centered on the front below screen. Helmet cam videos I've seen tend to be fairly good, not a lot of wandering. Nice part of the helmet cam is if you get off you still record what you're looking at. Mounted on bike the view is fixed. I won't do helmet cam because my speedo would be visible in the video and I'd get arrested!
    '20 Spyder RT: Bajaron swaybar. Vredestein tires, Pedal Commander, Elka front shocks, GPS/USB/12V handlebar mount, Heli-Bars, Radar Detector, KOTT grills & vents, Shad top case, chin & DRL LEDs.
    2020 RT base , Chalk White

Spyder Garage

I use the INNOVV K2. Front camera mounted at base of windshield and rear camera mounted under the topcase on my 2020RTL. I mounted the recorder unit in the left side saddlebag area and he GPS unit under the passenger seat. Works Great.
    2020 RT Limited , Marsala Red

Spyder Garage

Are use an ion air pro which is mounted to my helmet. I don’t get any shake or distortion when I move my head. I recorded two accidents with it and the police really appreciated the evidence. The problem with many helmet mounted cameras is battery life. I’m think of mounting my GoPro via a clamp on the dash because I can plug it directly into my USB port that I installed. Good luck!