Thread: uhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Spyder Garage

Default uhhhhhhhhhhhhh

no sir......................don't like it

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Thumbs down

Spyder Garage

Not too bad, no specs listed, at least I couldn't find them. Have to see them in person.

john

Spyder Garage

Specs are on the website. No heated seats and no butt massager, but just about everything else as an option. It looks like a Ski-Doo and a Gold Wing had a baby.
    We are a happy THREE Spyder family!
    My Rides: 2008 Quantum Blue Premier Edition Spyder GS SM5 (#1344)
    2015 Pearl White / Red Can-Am Spyder F3-S SM6
    2016 Intense Pearl Red Can-Am Spyder F3-T SE6
    2019 Chevrolet Volt (ER-EV)
    2003 Jeep Wrangler Sport X 4.0L I-6

RETIRED Owner / Event Coordinator - Annual Western Regional Can-Am Spyder Rallies
    Spyders in the Redwoods and Red Rock Spyder Rally of Southern Utah

The West Coast's Can-Am Spyder Community Ambassador
    2008 GS , ISCI Quantum Blue

Spyder Garage

I think they have some great options and these will sell quite well. Sharp looking, cutting edge design and features.

I'm not getting one--- and probably wouldn't have even if they were available at the time I bought mine.

For the touring crowd these are going to ROCK.

Spyder #1 - 2008 GS SM5 Premier Edition #1977. RIP after 80,000 miles.
    Spyder #2 - 2012 RT SM5. Traded in after 24,000 miles.
    Spyder #3 - 2015 F3 SM6. Put 13,000 miles on and sold it.
    Spyder #4 - 2017 F3 SM6. Too good of a deal to pass up!

srspyder

I thought they look sharp. I am in hopes that they retrofit some audio stuff for the 08-09's It will be interesting to see what will and can cross into our machines. Otherwise,

Spyder Garage

Got to get me one.
    Happy Owner

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderGirl View Post
    It looks like a Ski-Doo and a Gold Wing had a baby.
    now thats funny and so true

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Happy Spyder Owner

Spyder Garage

It's kind of sad that some of the Spyder guys are dissing the RT.
    It's not the Sport version and wasn't meant to be. I think they hit a Home Run with the RT and it's being received very well by the one group that I thought would really be dissing it.

It's not a Goldwing but it may be it's 3 wheeled brother

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post
    It's not the Sport version and wasn't meant to be. I think they hit a Home Run with the RT and it's being received very well by the one group that I thought would really be dissing it.

Home run for the RT. It's a Touring version!!!
    "Happy Spyder Owner"
    2010 RTS PE 0174

Custom Plates & paint,
    ESI Triple play,mud flap lights,Fender tips/amber,Green Filter,Dayrunner/turn signals,Shortee Antenna,Scuff Guards,LED Brake Lights & 2 in 1 Harness,Brightsides & rear,Glo-ryders/amber,Kewlmetal inside trunk lightz,Garmin 660,Garmin Hood,Volt Meter & Oil Pressure Gauge,Utopia Backrest,IPS Key,ISCI Brake Pedal,Dual side/tall flag poles,SPYDERPOPS Heat Guard

http://www.farriscustoms.com

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I think the RT looks sharp, but I wouldn't ride one. Maybe in 30 years.
    Happy 2009 Roadster Red SM5 Owner
    Two Brothers Dual Exhaust w/P1X Tips | Two Brothers Juice Box | KewlMetal Intake | Amber Fender Tip Lights | Fog Lights | SilverStar Headlights | Trunk Liner | 12v Acc. Plug | BRP Comfort Seat

Spyder Garage

I could easily see a fully loaded blue RT with a trailer sitting at my house.

If they had this model out in the beginning, I would have gotten the RT instead of my SM5.
    Former Happy Spyder Owner
    Just decided it was time to move onto other things.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default RT-ROCKS

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post

I rode the RT yesterday and let me tell you is not a GOLDWING, it is much, much better. for all GS owners it is truly a totally different bike and do not know it until your throw a leg over the RT.

The features are great and to have a trailer that comes with a 2 yr warranty same as the RT, can't beat it. If you add a trailer to any other bike warranty is voided. With the RT not the case, they designed the RT with the trailer in mind and works with VSS, Retail on these trailer probably around $4000.

The new GS is now the RS and the WHITE limited edition looks pretty good.

RT DEMO units will be arriving into dealer in Oct. and I heard the CORP truck will be rolling soon.

I will say they just re-invented this segment, opening the market even more to non motorcycle riders.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by gamhugo View Post

I rode the RT yesterday and let me tell you is not a GOLDWING, it is much, much better. for all GS owners it is truly a totally different bike and do not know it until your throw a leg over the RT.

The features are great and to have a trailer that comes with a 2 yr warranty same as the RT, can't beat it. If you add a trailer to any other bike warranty is voided. With the RT not the case, they designed the RT with the trailer in mind and works with VSS, Retail on these trailer probably around $4000.

The new GS is now the RS and the WHITE limited edition looks pretty good.

RT DEMO units will be arriving into dealer in Oct. and I heard the CORP truck will be rolling soon.

I will say they just re-invented this segment, opening the market even more to non motorcycle riders.
    welcome
    and thanks for the review. So how did it feel power wise?

Spyder Garage

Does anyone else think the headlights make it look like one of the cartoon cars from the Disney movie Cars?
    Karen

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I like - can't wait to see one in person.
    2020 RT Ride Frequent Stay Safe
    Aftermarket Aux Light, GPS mounting/wiring, Lamonster Garage Mirror Lock, Lamonster Garage Belt Tensioner
    Backrest Home Brew Mod

2008 RS from 2008 through 4/2015, 2015 F3-S from 4/2015 through 9/2020

Spyder Garage

I like what I'm seeing, the rider's pegs (boards?) are way forward of the SM/E5 pegs, overall it's a little shorter, but wider. The engine is retuned for more torque, and it's got a higher load capacity. But my IRA went south, so I can't afford it.

john

Registered Users Spyder Bitten Duo's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I like it and more importantly the wife REALLY likes it so we will be looking forward to putting one in the driveway soon.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by j45p3r View Post
    I think the RT looks sharp, but I wouldn't ride one. Maybe in 30 years.
    I agree. I am just too young to fit into that style just yet. Now, I do like the front in and may just may, find ways to marry the two together depending on cost.
    I think it is pretty sharp but it does go after a certain demographic which I don't believe includes me..lol. I am sure there are many others that are now bitting at the bit to get thier hands on one of them though.

Very Happy Owner

Spyder Garage

Default my take, updated . . . worth every electron it is printed on!

Quote Originally Posted by MizMuffet View Post
    Does anyone else think the headlights make it look like one of the cartoon cars from the Disney movie Cars?
    Yes, especially on the RTS.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Smylinacha
    OK, don't bash me here but if I wanted all that for that kind of money, I'd buy a car. There's no "bikeness" left to it.

I think Roaddog said something like "Goldwingy Thingy"

Quote:
    Originally Posted by 3wheeldemon
    Too much junk in that trunk. The front is nice but the back makes it look like an ATV missing a wheel. Don't bash me either

Car price too, but at least you would not look funny like you would wearing a helmet in a Mazda Miata.
    3WD

I agree. It is just a matter of our tastes (or lack of it). But, I don't think they made these for me (or for any of my buds above). Really, I have to see them in person, in the video, the RTS looked like it was floating - riding anti-gravity rails. Flying low, fast & safe. That is film, but I think that is what a lot of people who don't have Spyders will see too. And just like the 08 & 09s do, they will promise stability and the protection and familiarity of having two wheels in front of you. Style, comfort, safety, control - out of the box.

I would guess, the basic RT will grow into our next Spyder in a year or two. Different gear box, bigger engine, very sporty.

The mid RT, will appeal to our tweaker sides*. Add-ons ( or farkles ) galore to make your own version of the RTS. Go ahead, put on a handbrake, different bags, pegs, risers, etc. [* quoted from Dochands ]

There is nothing super revolutionary new to them - nothing we have not seen on other bikes, so, I am guessing the technology should be pretty bullet-proof and manageable. The unique Spyder electronics will continue to improve and besides the "180 degrees from the ordinary trike", it will continue to stand out from the crowd in technology. And, a plus for us current Spyder riders, nothing here obsoleted what we own.

I hope they got the platform right. I hope it feels good when people get on it. I hope the riding ergonomics are there. I hope the ride experience comes through. It will be interesting test riding one. For us riders with Spyder experience, it will be especially interesting.

I do agree with Dudley, for me they hit a 4 out of 10. But, I couldn't be happier with my Spyder. But, for the over all market, I think they hit an 8 or 9 out of 10. And in a few years when we start getting the itch to trade up, I think we should have some very nice choices to make.

After sleeping on it, I also like the idea that they are not playing in the big engine race. I am no engine expert, but 1000cc should be enough. Most engines over this leave a lot of power on the table, wasted. I would rather have an efficient and responsive power system from the engine to the final drive. More CCs in most cases is just sloppy engineering and wasteful - pretty similar to software bloat and chip speed in the computer world.

Tom
    Last edited by Tom in NM; 09-02-2009 at 11:56 AM.
    2008 GS SE5 -> 2013 STS SE5 -> 2015 F3-S SE6 . . . Still riding & smiling.

Spyder Garage

If I were in the market for a full-out touring bike, the top of the line RT would be in my garage. As it is... with only two to three trips a year... my SM with a duffle bag works just dandy.

Congrats BRP! I do believe you'll attract quite a few Goldwing riders!

ata = allergic to asphalt

My mods: https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...ead.php?t=5753
    There are two kinds of people: (1) those who can read, reason and apply the experiences of others; and (2) those who just have to pee on the electric fence. ataDude, 2009

My Spyder:

Spyder Garage

[QUOTE]After sleeping on it, I also like the idea that they are not playing in the big engine race. I am no engine expert, but 1000cc should be enough. Most engines over this leave a lot of power on the table, wasted. [QUOTE]

I'm no expert by any means, but I agree. My SM5 feels more powerful than my 1400cc Heritage Softail did. My husband thinks so too. I don't think the Ultra Classic and Goldwing converts will find it to be underpowered.
    Karen

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Tom in NM View Post
    I agree. It is just a matter of our tastes (or lack of it).....

Tom

As usual, you make a lot of sense. Any fun we normally make here from each other tastes it is, at least on my case, just healthy fun and should be not taken as divisive or anything else other than fun. Please forgive if I missed the mark.

No need to overreact by creating a separate forum (although I admit it may be very convenient for the members that can't get enough of the new RT) or accusing some of us of "dissing". As I said in another post, from the mods that you can see from many these forum members is clear that the market was begging BRP for a bottoms-up touring version. It looks that they did a great job satisfying that market.

I am happy that the sportier version has not been discontinued, an also perversely happy that there is no new "true-sport" version to make my 09 obsolete. Maybe in the future if those of us that want the Spyder to go in a more aggressive direction do as good a job on articulating what we want as the touring crow did.

3WD
    Today is a good day to ride!
    owner!

[x]- Gun rack
    [x]- Helmet-mounted fire extingusher and DPS deactivation hammer
    [x]- Large print (senior version) safety card

widowmaker2011

Quote Originally Posted by bjt View Post
    I could easily see a fully loaded blue RT with a trailer sitting at my house.

If they had this model out in the beginning, I would have gotten the RT instead of my SM5.

Ditto