Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Which 2021 RT Limited cover?

Due to the city's lack of ethics, I may end up having to take down my "garage" (Shed-In-A-Box) I just put up to house the RT. I have a full cover that doesn't fit particularly well and since I added a Shad top case, have thought about buying a cover that fits the Limited (with the OEM top case). My top case is slightly larger than OEM but I think it would work.

My problem is that I'm not sure which one to get. Both Lamonster and Slingmods have what appears to be the same one but with different part numbers. Google is no help.

Slingmods: https://www.slingmods.com/canam-spyd...gard?vehicle=1
    Model: SM-4066

Lamonster: http://www.lamonstergarage.com/ultra...ent-lamonster/
    Model: SC-4-447BK

Are they both the same? Could be the "SM" on the Slingmods model just stands for "SlingMods" but I can't reach them to verify.

Thanks.

Spyder Garage

I have the ultra guard I've used it for 4 years now for overnights, waterproof works great compact storage.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

They're both Ultragard brand and I suspect they're both the same item. If they are, I'll buy from Lamont but want to make sure I'm getting the right thing before I place an order. I don't have the energy to receive the wrong item just to return it.

Spyder Garage

I have the full cover ultra guard on my 20 RT with BRP top case. it works as expected and hasn't impacted the paint. I believe the 2 you're looking at are identical 1/2 covers. I had to find the model # that was specific to the 20 when purchasing on Amazon. I'm pretty sure both of those 2 vendors will know which 1 to send though.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

That really stinks about having to take down your "garage". Sometimes, most times?, seems like cities just like to cause problems where
    none really exist.
    Peggy and Howard

Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S SM5

His: 1999 Honda VFR Interceptor

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Possible View Post
    That really stinks about having to take down your "garage". Sometimes, most times?, seems like cities just like to cause problems where
    none really exist.
    I agree. The only place I could add a carport (which was what I wanted) was along side or behind my house. Unfortunately, I have a pretty big slope starting right at the front of my house and there's no sense in putting something behind the house (especially when there's no driveway to the back yard). I called the town Planning Director personally and asked if I could put up this "garage". I explained to her what it was, the size and where it would be located. She said she'd do some research and get back to me. Next day, she calls me back and tells me that wouldn't be a problem. I buy the thing and Woodaddict and I put it up. Woodaddict was even injured and STILL helped install it. All of a sudden last week, she calls me and tells me that it violates some code and that "someone" called her to ask if I had rec'd a permit. She said she would send me the alleged code violations via mail and that I would then have (30) days to remove it or be fined $200/day until I did. If I have to remove it, I'll lose most of the money I have in it and I won't have a nice place to park the bike out of the weather (and prying eyes). Total BS but what can I do, right?

Spyder Garage

Sorry to hear of your trouble w/ planning & zoning. Regarding a cover, I bit the bullet and bought the BRP - RT trailering cover; expensive ($260), but I think worth it. It has zippered expansion pockets so it will tightly wrap an RT and RTL w/ or w/o (factory) rear arm rests; I'm not familiar w/ Shad top cases, but if it's smaller than the factory top case, one would think it should cover.

Spyder Garage

WOW! thats a disservice to tell you its OK, then change your mind. No way to tell her "she said would be Ok" ? time to keep that as rental, buy or rent a house WITH garage
    2015 Spyder RT Ltd- bUrp - only add the "U", 2010 Honda NT700V-red,2010 Honda NT700V-silver retired @201,111 miles, 1997 Honda PC800, 1996 Honda PC800, Honda CT500, Honda Shadow 500, 1978 Suzuki GS550, 1973 Suzuki TC125, other assorted smaller bikes, Suzuki TM400

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by spyderdave View Post
    Sorry to hear of your trouble w/ planning & zoning. Regarding a cover, I bit the bullet and bought the BRP - RT trailering cover; expensive ($260), but I think worth it. It has zippered expansion pockets so it will tightly wrap an RT and RTL w/ or w/o (factory) rear arm rests; I'm not familiar w/ Shad top cases, but if it's smaller than the factory top case, one would think it should cover.
    It's slightly larger but probably not but much. I just ordered one of Lamonsters Ultragard 1/2 covers. I want to be able to put it on/take it off fairly quickly. The full cover I have (also an Ultragard) doesn't fit well and seems to take forever although it certainly covers more of the bike than a 1/2 cover will. Figure I'll use the 1/2 cover most of the time unless it's calling for very bad weather or in the winter when I want to keep snow off it.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodaddict View Post
    WOW! thats a disservice to tell you its OK, then change your mind. No way to tell her "she said would be Ok" ? time to keep that as rental, buy or rent a house WITH garage
    I told her that numerous times. She didn't seem to care. I'm not quite in a financial position to buy another house but when I can, I will for sure. Not sure if I'll keep this as a rental (nice income, especially once it's paid off) but there's the risk of not having a tenant (or tenantS) and not being able to pay the mortgage. At some point, I'll talk to my bank to see if they can offer some advice. Part of the problem buying something else is the real estate prices in this area (and probably yours, to be honest). I've looked and I'm not seeing anything that would suit me in the (vast) area (between here and Mooresville) I'm looking at for under about $150k. That puts the payments higher than I can afford. The other option is to buy a piece of land and have something built or buy one of those "Amish built log cabins" (I've always loved those). Not even finding a decent piece of property for under about $20k. It's crazy down here. I've even looked at less-than-10-year-old mobile homes (they've come a long way in the last 20+ years). Even those are expensive. Again, it's just crazy down here.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I have the UltraGuard half cover which works nicely, for easy travel storage and for quick on and off, but obviously lacks full coverage and a little more effort to clean the exposed, that is the only downside. I figure that a small inconvenience, so I'm keeping the half cover.