Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default F3 Limited windshield comparison - anyone done one?

Going to get an F3L in the very near future. After doing a test ride I know I need a different windshield. I am 5'9".

I am looking at:

Show Chrome Accessories
    Width:30" Wide
    Color:Clear
    Hardware Included:Yes
    Height:24" Tall

and

Gustafsson
    Sport Touring - 19" Tall x 26" wide
    or
    Sport Touring - 23 Tall x 28" wide

Anyone have experience with either or both of these brands?

Thx
    Rick
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2018 F3 Limited - Intense Red Pearl . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Check out F4 Customs. Could be the best windscreens out there.

Spyder Garage

My wife and I both have the F4 windshield on our F3Ls. Excellent product. They make different heights so check out their site.
    Dave....

2016 Red/Black F3T w/ Audio
    Bajha Ron Swaybar, BRP driving lights
    F4 Windshield, Ultimate Tallboy Seat
    BRP Passenger Backrest
    Custom Dynamics fender lights
    Tricled Rear Bag lights w/ Flashing Brake Modulator
    Wolo Horn, Lamonster's Bungee Buttons
    Spyderpops Bumper Skid

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by rjinaz86323 View Post
    Going to get an F3L in the very near future. After doing a test ride I know I need a different windshield. I am 5'9".

I am looking at:

Show Chrome Accessories

and

Gustafsson
    or

Thx
    Rick
    I have 4 different shields (including stock). I picked up a F4 23" shield and I like it a lot. It gives good wind protection, and at 6'-2", I look right over the top. The show chrome shield is the same height when mounted as the F4, but it is a lot wider at the base, therefore there is no need for the wings for the extra protection like on the F4. I did not like that the F4 was completely clear, and I wanted something a little shorter. So this weekend, I cut about 2" off the top and tinted the lower 2/3 with plastic dip paint on the inside. I love the way it came out and is now my favorite shield. I think it will be the one I can use year round. I will try to post pictures later.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Spyder Garage

I got the 19" from Lamonster. Better than the short stock unit, and at 5'9" can still see over the top while driving. I do not like having to look through it all the time if i do not have to.
    Looks good on the bike as well.

Spyder Garage

F4 with wings !!!
    F3L SE5 Black -- F4 windshield w/wings, Reggie LED headlights, driving lights & Cyclops LED, Ultimate seat, Fox shocks, BajaRon swaybar, Lamont highway centerline pegs & 3rd peg, Lamont belt tensioner, K&N air filter, Baker air wings & cup holder, CanAm hitch.
    2019 F3L , Black

Spyder Garage

I have an F 4 customs with air wings for sale for an F3L. $200 plus shipping
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

So far, we have not felt the need for a higher windshield. I like the OEM stock one that comes with the F3L. We have 2019 and 2020 versions. I like the ability to drive and see over the windshields. Also am comfortable with the little bit of air that we get. We are both in the 5'5" to 5'7" range.

I would recommend going with the OEM for the first 500 miles or so.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by rjinaz86323 View Post

I am looking at:

Show Chrome Accessories

and

Gustafsson
    or

Thx
    Rick
    I have a BRP tallboy windshield on my 2016 F3L , works great for me at 5ft 7in. I bought it here on spyderlovers for $110 in 2017.
    Bob

Girard OH (summer) Greenville SC (winter)
    Spyder Garage

I am 6' exactly but have a bone disease that makes me susceptible to wind (most people call this "age" related ) I have an F4 tallest with Slingshot side vents, the f4 hand vents and a > Moparty< top extender. The additions require a new style mounting from f4. Full details at the link in my sig which has been updated with an SSL certificate.
    to see my 2016 F3-T and many how to's
    2016 F3-T SE6 Roadster , Extended brake pedal for which I drilled out the brake rod yolk to lower it and added spacers to lift it slightly Black/Grey

Spyder Garage

Rick,
    I notice you are looking at differing screen heights. The first thing you need to do is determine where you want the top of the windshield to be. Each one of us has different torso lengths, wind tolerances etc, so what fits one 6’ person will not work for another 6’ person.

If you want to get some air into the top helmet vent, and see over the top of the screen, the screen needs to be at about the height of your top lip. If you want full protection and look through the screen, add a few inches to that.

If you want the air to hit you in the chest/head, take a few inches off. Of course, this does NOT apply to “lipped” screens as one that is around the level of your chin will flip the air a few inches higher.

If you hop on the F4 Customs site, Don gives you a hands on demo on selecting the correct height (as do the other major manufacturers). You can then make a call on whether you want a wider screen, narrower screen, screen with adjustable air vents at the bottom (like F4), screen with brackets that allow up/down and forward back adjustability (Madstad) etc etc.
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

I have the Show Chrome on my 2019 F3L and am happy with it. I am also 5'9".

Spyder Garage

Following
    2018 F3T , White / Black

Spyder Garage

If you are going to be riding with a passenger F4 all the way, that is if you care about your passenger.
    2022 RT Limited , Silver w/ Black and Purple accents

Spyder Garage

I currently have the BRP OEM "Tall Boy" Windshield on my 2020 F3 Limited (black), and at 5' 9" I get a lot of head buffeting. I'm also trying to figure out what windshield and height I should purchase to eliminate the stress on my neck and to my passenger during long rides. Also something that will cut down on my hands freezing during cold months. I've narrowed it down to the F4 Customs with the optional adjustable Wings. I'm leaning towards tinted instead of clear.
    2020 F3 Limited , Black

Spyder Garage

I ended up going with 7Juroc 18" Lowboy w/flip in light gray. Works great for me. Only complaint is I wish the tint was a little darker.
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2018 F3 Limited - Intense Red Pearl . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Spyder Garage

I have an F4 23" on my 2018 F3L. I'm, 5' 9" and use a helmet with vents on top. I find that windshield height is just right, I can look over the windshield and just see perfectly. Also, the slipstream going by goes thru the vents on top of the helmet to provide cooling. This is a great windshield and the tint is not heavy allowing a little "sunglasses effect" during the day and nighttime car lights are not so glaring. It sure drops the wind buffeting down compared to the stock windshield. Just an observation for those considering an aftermarket windshield.

Blue Skies And Tailwinds,
    Airjohn

Spyder Garage

Upon the recommendation of RICZ, I had 7Jurock make a custom shield that was wider and had the lip.
    I can see well over the shield (I am 5'10") and the air goes over the top of my helmet. The lip really works.

johnv
    USMC RETIRED

BLUE KNIGHTS NYV

2022 F3T Glacier Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by johnv50 View Post
    Upon the recommendation of RICZ, I had 7Jurock make a custom shield that was wider and had the lip.
    I can see well over the shield (I am 5'10") and the air goes over the top of my helmet. The lip really works.

johnv
    Did you get the 20" 22" or 24"?
    2020 F3 Limited , Black

Spyder Garage

I got the 20", but it is wider than stock.
    USMC RETIRED

BLUE KNIGHTS NYV

2022 F3T Glacier Blue

Spyder Garage

I got the 20", but it is wider than stock.
    Can you post a few pictures?
    2020 F3 Limited , Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by fireplug98 View Post
    F4 with wings !!!
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

www.F4Customs.com best and easiest to care for and pretty scratch resistant

Check them out, you won't be sorry

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

For JAYWALKER, here are a couple of photos that RICZ sent to me. Mine is the same except 1" taller

7jurock2.jpg7jurock1.jpg
    USMC RETIRED

BLUE KNIGHTS NYV

2022 F3T Glacier Blue

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

For JAYWALKER, here are a couple of photos that RICZ sent to me. Mine is the same except 1" taller

7jurock2.jpg7jurock1.jpg
    I gotta say, that is the nicest looking shield that I have seen for this bike. I like the way it doesn't require an additional piece in order to get you the extra width of protection. If I did not already have 4 different shields for my F3T, I would definitely look into that one.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white