Spyder Garage

Default Ryker-bracket for a Shad Case on the left side

My new project now. My girl wants more luggage for our next tour ! So I want to install a bracket under the driver seat (on the same point where to right one is fixed) to add a second Shad-case. It should be "stronger" than the 3-case-Idea from Slingmods, where all the load is behind the passenger. We still use a Topase there, if its loaded we are absolut on the limit of the (Fox) suspension...

Saw the first Idea from a Ryder in Australia, which looks not really elegant, a Guy from Spain made now a better version (maybe I take this one). I hope to find someone who makes a simple Adapter where I could fix an original bracket from Shad (costs around 100,- for both sides) - on the end it would be much cheaper if someone makes a complete new part for both sides to fix Shad brackets, but than I would maybe prefer GIVI-Cases, they are one step over the Shad..

any other/better Ideas ???
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Outlander fairing - Fox-shock - BajaRon Swaybar - Hankook tire/ back - 165/50 Imperial tires front & longer front shocks - GIVI Topase - Shad sidecases -heated grips - new seats

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by chris56 View Post
    My new project now. My girl wants more luggage for our next tour ! So I want to install a bracket under the driver seat (on the same point where to right one is fixed) to add a second Shad-case. It should be "stronger" than the 3-case-Idea from Slingmods, where all the load is behind the passenger. We still use a Topase there, if its loaded we are absolut on the limit of the (Fox) suspension...

Saw the first Idea from a Ryder in Australia, which looks not really elegant, a Guy from Spain made now a better version (maybe I take this one). I hope to find someone who makes a simple Adapter where I could fix an original bracket from Shad (costs around 100,- for both sides) - on the end it would be much cheaper if someone makes a complete new part for both sides to fix Shad brackets, but than I would maybe prefer GIVI-Cases, they are one step over the Shad..

Very good job.....

Spyder Garage

The Shad cases look pretty good, Same with the Givi, I have a set on my Kawasaki. I have different side cases on the Ryker, but the way I mounted them on the Ryker, it wouldn't work with a passenger. I didnt want them to protrude past the rear wheel, and I wanted them mounted up higher. I never liked the look of the Shad single side case on the Ryker, for the same reasons that you dont see a single side case on motorcycles, it looks like you lost something off of the machine when you're driving down the road. I was wondering why Shad hasnt come up with a system for the Ryker that would allow for the traditional dual side cases, they're usually pretty good at doing that kind of thing.
    2020 Can Am Ryker Rally Sport Touring Edition

Spyder Garage

Default Riker-Bracket for a Shad Case on the left side

Quote Originally Posted by chris56 View Post

I have no better ideas, but do you have the contact information for the "Guy from Spain" who made a better version of the bracket.
    Which of the attached pictures was the "Spanish" version? Thank you for your very valuable contribution regarding the left side Ryker
    bracket.