Spyder Garage

Default Need to find a warranty company

Looking to buy a basically new 2018 T3L (198 miles on it). But it is out of warranty so I need to find one. Anybody got any recommendations?

Thx
    Rick
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2018 F3 Limited - Intense Red Pearl . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

If the factory warranty has expired, you will have to look at aftermarket vendors. I have no idea who they are.

I was lucky last year when we got my wife's bike. It's a '17, but was first sold in June, 2018. We picked it up in April, so there were a few weeks left on the factory warranty. Contacted iMotorsports and extended it until June, 2023.

HER ride:
    2017 RT-S SE6 Pearl White

My rides:
    2000 Honda GL1500SE
    1980 Suzuki GS850G

Spyder Garage

Avoid the aftermarket warranties. Period. They do everything they can to avoid payments and many dealers will not bother dealing with them. If you cannot get the BRP warranty, you are far better off without one or looking for a different bike.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

JC is 100% correct. An alternative if you really want the Spyder is to create you own "rat hole" escrow fund to cover potential problems -- just takes a little self-discipline.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

RPM is a well known company accepted by many dealers. Zurich is another one. I would not own a Spyder with out a warranty! Too many things can happen. Tom
    Baloo is my name. Spyders are my game. Well, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, yes, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, I mean a doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee-dee-doo. And, well, now. Ha ha! What have we here?

2020 Petrol Blue Metallic RTL

Spyder Garage

I am looking at Discount ESP. The quotes I received were 5 yrs - 2198, 4yrs - 1798, 3yrs 1485, 2yrs - 1198. They also have tire & wheel and a maintenance program that you can add on.

I hadn't heard of RPM or Zurich so I will look a them as well.

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by LongIsland View Post
    I am looking at Discount ESP. The quotes I received were 5 yrs - 2198, 4yrs - 1798, 3yrs 1485, 2yrs - 1198. They also have tire & wheel and a maintenance program that you can add on.

I hadn't heard of RPM or Zurich so I will look a them as well.
    JMHO, but considering what BRP was charging for their extended warranty ( 3yrs $650 to700 ) these prices are rip-offs ..... Mike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JayBros View Post
    JC is 100% correct. An alternative if you really want the Spyder is to create you own "rat hole" escrow fund to cover potential problems -- just takes a little self-discipline.
    X2. A bike that new, and out of warranty can go one of two ways. Could be the buy of the year...or could have not been ridden because of early on troubles.

If they are asking for "like new" market price, I would be very wary. No Warranty is worth at least a couple $K off the price. Use KBB or NADA blue book pricing to get the value information.

Good luck in your hunt. Let us know what you do.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by LongIsland View Post
    I am looking at Discount ESP. The quotes I received were 5 yrs - 2198, 4yrs - 1798, 3yrs 1485, 2yrs - 1198. They also have tire & wheel and a maintenance program that you can add on...
    Ask Discount to show you the Glock; tell them you like to see the weapon when you're about to be the victim of armed robbery.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

The Spyder is basically brand new. I know the owner very well. He is basically a collector of things. Everything he owns (well over a million dollars in cars) are all basically 'garage queens'. He buys stuff just to look at, not use. But I hear you on having some kind of warranty, as with anything with a lot of electronics, a lot can go wrong.

Thx
    Rick
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2018 F3 Limited - Intense Red Pearl . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

JMO of course, but if I felt like I couldn't buy something without a warranty, I'd be looking for something else. If a vehicle
    is so inherently unreliable so as to not be owned without a warranty, that is a huge warning sign to me. But that's how I
    feel about most everything. The last vehicle I bought with a warranty was Peggy's scooter 6 years ago, and before that it
    was 16 years ago. Never regretted any of it.

But that's just me.
    Peggy and Howard

Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S SM5

His: 1999 Honda VFR Interceptor