Spyder Garage

Default Anyone Install Ryker Super Loud 131 DB air horn?

Hubby wants me to get an air horn for my Ryker...I ordered the WOLO low and upper tone...he is not impressed with sound...so asked me to find out if anyone has installed the Super Loud 131 DB air horn from SpyderBoyz. Thank you!

Windhound

Spyder Garage

Big fan of the Stebel compact horns. This dual tone does 139db and comes complete with nuclear warning stickers.

If one of those don't blast you out of your boots, good guess is a bad ground or weak connection. Yes, you can trigger the horn with the stock switch, but a relay wired directly to ground is necessary for full power. Certainly runs rings out of the stock meep meep on most bikes.

PS - little tip. If the horn goes flup flup when you push the button, you've got it wired up backwards - swap the terminals to take it from suck to blow ...
    Half a million miles, and I ain't dead yet.

See my album at https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...p?albumid=5190

Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

Haven't installed an air horn, but I did installed this Wolo Full Blast Extra Loud Low Tone horn. Its much much louder than the stock beep beep horn. Its as loud if not louder than the horn on my GMC truck, and the price is right too. Wolo makes several different horns, some of their others are not so loud, this one is. A video that I did comparing the two after install.
    LINK: https://www.amazon.com/Wolo-380-2T-F...5855164&sr=8-1

Last edited by RykerRick; 03-15-2021 at 08:01 PM. Reason: added video
    2020 Can Am Ryker Rally Sport Touring Edition

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by sKiZo View Post
    Big fan of the Stebel compact horns. This dual tone does 139db and comes complete with nuclear warning stickers.

If one of those don't blast you out of your boots, good guess is a bad ground or weak connection. Yes, you can trigger the horn with the stock switch, but a relay wired directly to ground is necessary for full power. Certainly runs rings out of the stock meep meep on most bikes.

PS - little tip. If the horn goes flup flup when you push the button, you've got it wired up backwards - swap the terminals to take it from suck to blow ...
    Love it! This is the type of horn my hubby is talking about. Thank you!!!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RykerRick View Post
    Haven't installed an air horn, but I did installed this Wolo Full Blast Extra Loud Low Tone horn. Its much much louder than the stock beep beep horn. Its as loud if not louder than the horn on my GMC truck, and the price is right too. Wolo makes several different horns, some of their others are not so loud, this one is. A video that I did comparing the two after install.
    LINK: https://www.amazon.com/Wolo-380-2T-F...5855164&sr=8-1

Hi Rick...I bought this horn...but hubby told me it was too big to install and needed a relay. So I will have him watch your video. Thank you! Windhound

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Almost any horn of real size and noise needs a relay to operate at its best.
    Peggy and Howard

Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S SM5

His: 1999 Honda VFR Interceptor

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Windhound View Post
    Hi Rick...I bought this horn...but hubby told me it was too big to install and needed a relay. So I will have him watch your video. Thank you! Windhound
    He's right, it is too big, I had to put a bend in the mounting bracket lowering the horn about an inch.
    2020 Can Am Ryker Rally Sport Touring Edition