Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

wow. That is unfortunate. sorry. The locks on my bags look a little janky. They're kind of recessed and don't look like they're flush with the surrounding plastic. Does yours look like that? I have a 2020 and figured it was due to the fitment issues that I still need to have addressed when I get my seat replaced. I wonder if some fitment type issue is still present on the 21s...?
    I keep an extra helmet in my right bag, and try to keep it locked. I don't want to open it one day and find out that the helmet is missing b/c I forgot to to take it out or lock the bag when the spyder is unattended.
    This is added motivation to validate that. I will try to upload a photo of the lock and bag a little later.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JohnRuckus View Post
    wow. That is unfortunate. sorry. The locks on my bags look a little janky. They're kind of recessed and don't look like they're flush with the surrounding plastic. Does yours look like that? I have a 2020 and figured it was due to the fitment issues that I still need to have addressed when I get my seat replaced. I wonder if some fitment type issue is still present on the 21s...?
    I keep an extra helmet in my right bag, and try to keep it locked. I don't want to open it one day and find out that the helmet is missing b/c I forgot to to take it out or lock the bag when the spyder is unattended.
    This is added motivation to validate that. I will try to upload a photo of the lock and bag a little later.
    The rear fitment issues are long gone. TBH, I'm not sure I've ever really looked at the locks. I reach down, pull the lever and open the saddlebag. I understand why BuRP moved the handles/locks on the 2020+ since not all have a trunk anymore but it's a bit inconvenient.

Spyder Garage

Monk, My RT is a 2020 so panniers are same as yours. I mounted the nets below center for ease of access. I crimped the lower hooks and left the uppers open enough to unclip if needed.
    '20 Spyder RT: Bajaron swaybar. Vredestein tires, Pedal Commander, Elka front shocks, GPS/USB/12V handlebar mount, Heli-Bars, Radar Detector, KOTT grills & vents, Shad top case, chin & DRL LEDs.
    2020 RT base , Chalk White

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RayBJ View Post
    Monk, My RT is a 2020 so panniers are same as yours. I mounted the nets below center for ease of access. I crimped the lower hooks and left the uppers open enough to unclip if needed.
    Perfect. I'll order a set today!

Spyder Garage

Janky lock and saddle bag fitment. I sure hope the image isn't rotated. 20210318_140353.jpg20210318_140345.jpg20210318_140437.jpg

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

ouch. Guess I'll have to look at mine.