Spyder Garage

Default 2020 RTL seat modification

I took the passenger seat of my RTL to my upholstery shop he cut out the front area of the passenger seat almost back to the backrest mount hole 3/4 almost an inch. That little bit does make a difference at least it did for me just a little more leg room and more comfortable on the highway pegs. There is a small "air " pocket in the upholstery but unless you push on it you don't see it. For me it was right where my belt pushed against a high spot in the upholstery & was very annoying! The best part was I could still ride while the seat was at the shop.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

BRP needs to go to seat designing school. I know very few who find the stock seat to be ideally comfortable. Heck, I even found the Ultimate saddle to need improving.
    It's nice that you got off so easy to obtain more comfort.
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.
    2017 F3 Limited , Red, Black & Chrome

Spyder Garage

Having had four Spyders and 50,000 MI I
    have boughtt BRP comfort seats, ultimate seats,memory foam inserts, and still found nothing better than an Air hawk for the longest ride and most comfort. But we all know everybody's butt is different!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by TIMMB View Post
    For me it was right where my belt pushed against a high spot in the upholstery & was very annoying! .
    Tim, great idea.....but why didn’t you just take your belt off? ......would have been cheaper

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

Because I knew I would get more legroom too!

Spyder Garage

If anyone is interested in modifying Can Am 2020 RTL heated seat I'll be selling one cheap in 2 - 3 weeks - Ulimate seat is coming in for 2020 RTL. One could put gel pack in it or add more form and recover

Spyder Garage

Can I ask why you decided on the Ultimate Seat?

Spyder Garage

I have owned two before and loved them. They say it best you sit in the seat not on it. Also most of the motorcycle seat put plastics between the cover and foam, ultimate seats don't. If you ever sleep on a bed with a plastic protector you would understand. I like long rides so that seat makes the possible with more comfort. Pricy but in my option based on my riding style well worth it. (Also 'govt stimulus' paid for it)
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 03-24-2021 at 05:30 AM. Reason: Removed political connotation/temptation! ;-)