Spyder Garage

Question Normal Ryker vs. Rally - what did you choose and why?

I had my mind set that I was going to go with a Rally Edition, primarily for the following reasons:

1) I want to ride with a passenger someday, so I wanted the easily adjustable rear suspension & the Max Mount

2) I like the idea of finding some gravel or dirt roads and cutting loose in Rally mode (once I have a lot of experience on the Ryker)

But given that I might use Rally mode rarely if ever and I知 not sure how soon I値l feel comfortable riding with a passenger, I知 questioning if I really need the Rally edition...

So if you went with the Ryker 900, why did you choose NOT to get the Rally edition, especially reasons other than just the price deifference?

And if you went with the Rally edition, what made you decide to choose the Rally over just the 900?

Thanks in advance!!

Spyder Garage

my girl said : the rims look so much better - the rear fender is "closed" - all parts are black .. for gravel roads you have to lift the front on both Models up ...
    Outlander fairing - Fox-shock - BajaRon Swaybar - Hankook tire/ back - 165/50 Imperial tires front & longer front shocks - GIVI Topase - Shad sidecases -heated grips - new seats

Spyder Garage

In pictures i liked the 900ace most in person i liked the rally most. At the end of the day i got used rally for less than the 900 and it had some upgrades like a comfort seat, sport windshield and a baja ron swaybar

Spyder Garage

I ride almost exclusively on dirt and the Rally is a must. The Rally mode, combined with the different tread pattern on the tires, is the only way to make it through deep sand or mud. For street only, I see no problem with the Ace 900.
    Spyder F3-S Special Series my traveling ride
    Ryker Rally modified for dual sport duty
    Honda Grom heavily modified for dual sport duty
    Ducati Scrambler Icon Dark my other traveling ride

Spyder Garage

Looking at each side by side, my heart said rear open fender, the Rally just had a much sexier bolder look and stance. Stronger reinforced wheels that also match the Rally trim, and I didnt like the all black rims. Hand guards, Rally mode since I'm a performance guy, Max mount for luggage carrying reasons, better shock/spring package with preload adjustment that's a $1700 upgrade for the standard 900. Skid plate & grill screen. Its just a much better value for me, the $1000 dollar price difference is way offset by the upgrades that would cost more than twice that to add.
    2020 Can Am Ryker Rally Sport Touring Edition

Spyder Garage

Rally has Quick adjust rear shock, unifit thing behind the seat, fancy rims, extra silver accent pieces. Add the stuff up and the $1000 isn’t that much extra. It’s kinda a wash. I’ll never use rally mode. Got it anyways

Spyder Garage

I choose the Rally for all the above mentioned reasons; see Ryker Rick's post. Bought the 2020 Ryker Rally because the discount on the price over the 2021 price point and the sexier stance of the bike along with the better shocks, tires, rims, and handguards just made more sense.

Spyder Garage

I went with the 900 ACE over the Rally mainly because I never saw myself ever taking advantage of the performance capabilities of the Rally. I’m just not an off road sort of guy. I prefer pavement under my tires.

My Ryker was used, with only 682 miles on the clock. It came with the windshield, MAX mount, passenger seat and passenger back rest already installed. Best of all, it was priced as a Ryker 600.
    Greg Kamer
    "It's better to be not riding and wishing you were than be riding and wishing you weren't."

USAF, 20 years, retired
    Sheriff's Office, 23 years, retired

2018 Can Am Spyder RT-Limited

Spyder Garage

Thanks for all the input - pretty settled on going with the Rally - I'd rather have the upgrades & not need them then not have them & have to add them later - now I just want to get my Ryker so I can start riding!!