Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default 2020 RT swaybar installed, possible oil leak found

I installed my swaybar today. I was able to do it with only 17 inches of clearance directly under the swaybar. I used car ramps with two 4" cinder blocks under the front of the ramps and one 4" cinder block under the rear of the ramps. I used a long board placed on the ramp to make the climb gradual. The only thing I had to do to remove the bar was lift the bike very slightly with my shoulder and the bar came right out!!! Easy peasy!!! the install was easy.

While I was under there, I noticed a few drips of oil! I will have to keep an eye on that. This bike only has 70 miles on it. Drips are on the oil fill side. I am hoping it is from when oil was added at the shop. I did not see any obvious source, but I will pull the big side panel and check it out more thoroughly. BRP quality sucks. $32k machine and it might be leaking oil.
    2021 Sea to Sky RT , Highland green

Spyder Garage

It might be just a sloppy fill. I recently did my first servicing on my 2020RT. (The dealer did the first one.) I've found the new panels and brake master cylinder reservoir location to be a negative. It's easier to get to, but it's harder to service cleanly, IMO.
    2020 RTL SE6

Previously 2008 GS SM5 and 2014 RT SE6

Spyder Garage

My guess would be either a sloppy fill job or a little over filled with oil. Please keep us posted.
    2020 RT Limited Chrome , Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

Thanks Joel....so if I get 18” clearance I won’t have to use my shoulder?

P.s. if that date is correct under your post photo, you must have one of the very early prototypes of the ‘21 S-T-S

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

Having it at an angle definitely made a difference in the vertical height needed. Hope all turns out well with the suspected oil leak.
    2019 RT Limited , Phoenix Orange

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Oil leak appears to be from an amphenol plug just above the transmission filter. Possibly missing the O ring. Will investigate further.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Joel The Biker View Post
    Oil leak appears to be from an amphenol plug just above the transmission filter. Possibly missing the O ring. Will investigate further.
    From what I am seeing it seems they rushed the Sea to Sky model out. Just a lot of quality control issues it seems on that model.
    Doug 2020 RTL F3 Short reach bars -factory backrest
    K9CRT Ham Radio
    Sold 5/27/2021 Spyder just wasn’t for me. Went back to Goldwing

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Appears it was overfilled by half a qt. I will update after a long ride soon.

Spyder Garage

Joel, when I brought my 2013 home from the dealer the tire pressures were way off, front lugnut torques were way off, the airbag was leaking down overnite and they didn't give me enough gas to ride 1 hr home. You'll have all the bugs shook out soon.
    2015 RTS Special Series
    Russell Day Long seat
    F4 Customs windshield
    Sena 20s

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Thanks Gary. I know. Its just a bit frustrating when you spend a bunch of money and there are issues. There is nothing I cant fix, but I shouldnt have to. I see one guy with a 2021 thinks he may have casting porosity. That would suck, but nothing JB Weld cant fix. Once I figure out the little bit of oil I found, I should be good to go. Fingers crossed.

Spyder Garage

Looking forward to seeing it soon.
    2015 RTS Special Series
    Russell Day Long seat
    F4 Customs windshield
    Sena 20s

Spyder Garage

Thanks Gary. I know. Its just a bit frustrating when you spend a bunch of money and there are issues. There is nothing I cant fix, but I shouldnt have to. I see one guy with a 2021 thinks he may have casting porosity. That would suck, but nothing JB Weld cant fix. Once I figure out the little bit of oil I found, I should be good to go. Fingers crossed.
    You think like I do! J.B. Weld 10yrs on a home A/c condenser after it finally softened up I used the aluminum rods with a propane torch, lasted until I replaced the whole unit.
    "There is nothing I cant fix, but I shouldnt have to" Me Too!!!! That's why I find the problem and tell them how to fix it.
    Once I hear from BRP I will see if I can try this, before having to turn it over. More than enough will fill that casting area right up.
    2021 RT LTD Petrol Blue DARK delivered 9/22/20
    New Engine @ 500 miles 4/8/21 - 5/21 due to oil leak in block
    https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...400-miles-HELP
    2018 RT-L , Blue

Spyder Garage

Not often mentioned or discussed, some of the 2014 1330 engines were replaced quietly on account of porosity of the engine cases. No JB Weld fixed those Spyders.