Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Phone mount options

I have a Lamonster Phone Phang now and it must be losing it's springiness. I almost lost my brand new $1400 phone today going around a curve. Had it not been plugged in, it would have been shattered along the road somewhere. I'm less than happy. Don't get me wrong, I love Lamonster Garage and maybe I got a bad unit or maybe it just wore out.

I use my phone for music (downloaded and Sirius app) and Google Maps so it has to be visible. I have it mounted in the middle of the bars.

I'm not sure if I should buy a new Lamonster Phone Phang or get something else like a Tackform. Might be something else out there I'm not aware of. I'm not interested in one of those generic $20 Amazon overseas built POS. I need to KNOW whatever I have my phone in will keep it secure. (Not that there's not a place for generic Amazon overseas built crap.)

Recommendations, please?

Spyder Garage

https://www.amazon.com/RAM-Quick-Gri...%2C573&sr=8-19

This is what I use. The spring is quite strong so phone has never shifted or ejected.
    '20 Spyder RT: Bajaron swaybar. Vredestein tires, Pedal Commander, Elka front shocks, GPS/USB/12V handlebar mount, Heli-Bars, Radar Detector, KOTT grills & vents, Shad top case, chin & DRL LEDs.
    2020 RT base , Chalk White

SpyderLovers Sponsor Motorcycledave's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RayBJ View Post
    https://www.amazon.com/RAM-Quick-Gri...%2C573&sr=8-19

This is what I use. The spring is quite strong so phone has never shifted or ejected.
    I have FREE RAM mounts people have exchanged for my TackForm units if any one wants one
    Last edited by Motorcycledave; 03-14-2021 at 01:26 PM.

Spyder Garage

Default TACK FORM the best on the planet

Spyder Garage

Quad Lock is a very secure mount and reasonably priced IMO

Al in Kazoo
    All the great movements in the world began with a cup of coffee!

2018 F3-T

My mods: Can am Trailer hitch, USB and 12 volt power outlets, Gustason windshield, Bead rider seat cushion, battery harness for electric gear and battery tender, Time out trailer.
    2018 F3-T , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Lamonster top cuff with a Ram x-grip phone holder works excellent for my oversized Iphone XR. I've used them forever and can vouch they really hold. Even comes with a rubber stretch safety holder, which I think is a bit overkill. But if I had your experience, I'd probably use it. X -mounts come in different sizes also.
    https://www.rammount.com/product-lines/x-grip
    GLIDE-ON>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"Blue Belle" 2021 RTL Chrome in Petrol Blue
    2021 RTL Chrome , Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

This makes me nervous as I just got my Phone Phang installed yesterday. I would contact Lamonster and see what they have to say about it. It’s his top rated phone holder.
    2021 Limited , Lava Red

Spyder Garage

I have the Tackform from motorcycle Dave and love it, your phone will not fall out of it. It is expensive but so is another phone.
    2020 RT Limited Chrome , Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by K80Shooter View Post
    I have the Tackform from motorcycle Dave and love it, your phone will not fall out of it. It is expensive but so is another phone.
    I second the Tackform from Motorcycle Dave. Although it is expensive, it is real quality and Dave is great to deal with and has the best price for it.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Motorcycledave View Post
    I have FREE RAM mounts people have exchanged for my TackForm units if any one wants one
    Screen Shot 2021-03-14 at 11.27.44 AM.png this is why folks have changed to the TackForm notice the phone in the Ram holder ...
    the upper right side the rubber thingey keeps pushing the on off button...

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Motorcycledave View Post
    Screen Shot 2021-03-14 at 11.27.44 AM.png this is why folks have changed to the TackForm notice the phone in the Ram holder ...
    the upper right side the rubber thingey keeps pushing the on off button...
    My power button is right in the middle of the phone but I understand what you're saying.

Spyder Garage

This is the best phone I’ve had so far I had 3 others
    The Ram mount quick grip.

Spyder Garage

If i could attach a strong cable to my phone I think it could be used to tow the Spyder while it was in the Tackform mount.
    2019 RT Limited , Phoenix Orange

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Valkrocket View Post
    Lamonster top cuff with a Ram x-grip phone holder works excellent for my oversized Iphone XR. I've used them forever and can vouch they really hold. Even comes with a rubber stretch safety holder, which I think is a bit overkill. But if I had your experience, I'd probably use it. X -mounts come in different sizes also.
    https://www.rammount.com/product-lines/x-grip

Very Active Member CopperSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage
    My Spyder
    2012 RTL , Brown

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Guess I should have mentioned it has to mount to a 1" RAM ball. I guess I'll see if I can reach Lamont/Jeremy and if they can't resolve this, I might call Dave. The Quad Lock in post 5 looks interesting but that involves a new case. I like the case I've got now.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MONK View Post
    Guess I should have mentioned it has to mount to a 1" RAM ball. I guess I'll see if I can reach Lamont/Jeremy and if they can't resolve this, I might call Dave. The Quad Lock in post 5 looks interesting but that involves a new case. I like the case I've got now.
    X=mount has a 1" ball attached.
    GLIDE-ON>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"Blue Belle" 2021 RTL Chrome in Petrol Blue
    2021 RTL Chrome , Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MONK View Post
    I have a Lamonster Phone Phang now and it must be losing it's springiness. I almost lost my brand new $1400 phone today going around a curve. Had it not been plugged in, it would have been shattered along the road somewhere. I'm less than happy. Don't get me wrong, I love Lamonster Garage and maybe I got a bad unit or maybe it just wore out.

I use my phone for music (downloaded and Sirius app) and Google Maps so it has to be visible. I have it mounted in the middle of the bars.

I'm not sure if I should buy a new Lamonster Phone Phang or get something else like a Tackform. Might be something else out there I'm not aware of. I'm not interested in one of those generic $20 Amazon overseas built POS. I need to KNOW whatever I have my phone in will keep it secure. (Not that there's not a place for generic Amazon overseas built crap.)

Recommendations, please?
    I use the Quad Lock. Holds my phone rock steady no matter how rough the road may be.
    Greg Kamer
    "It's better to be not riding and wishing you were than be riding and wishing you weren't."

USAF, 20 years, retired
    Sheriff's Office, 23 years, retired

2018 Can Am Spyder RT-Limited

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I keep looking @ the Quad Lock but the case is pretty much a deal breaker. I leave the phone next to me on my desk during the day and wouldn't be able to use that case as it would rock. Also, with that hump, I think I'd lose my wireless charging. I looked at the Rokmount (?) but that's closer to $150. Probably not gonna happen.

Spyder Garage

I love me Ram Quick Grip Wireless Charging Holder. easy to put phone in or take out. and being wireless reduces the times I have to plug into the phone power port. You just need to have the proper Ram ball mount for your situation.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2018 Spyder RT Limited , Champagne Metalic

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by K80Shooter View Post
    I also have the Tackform, for me it's the best one I have used. I have had the Ram X-Grip, Techmount and Lamonster's Phone Phang (didn't fit my Iphone XS-Max with case).

The Tackform has the strongest grip of the phone holders I mentioned. It also includes a tether if you want to use it.

You could also buy a Tether for Lamonsters Phone Phang if you don't want to buy another phone mount,https://www.amazon.com/RAM-MOUNTS-X-...ef_=ast_sto_dp
    [B]

2018 Intense Red F3T (See About Me under My Profile for mods)
    2010 Timeless Black RT-622 Trailer
    2014 Timeless Black RTS-SE6, 34,300 Miles, traded May 2019
    2011 Timeless Black RTS-SE5, 15,180 Miles, traded April 2014

Spyder Garage

I used to have the RAM X-Grip. Hit a bump on the freeway & phone jumped out (at night). I was never comfortable with that mount. Now have the Quad Lock (& new phone). Couldn’t be happier.

Very Active Member bigbadbrucie's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I had a RAM mount (a ball actually from Ram) with a 1/4 inch screw that would screw into my tri-axis bars on my ‘14 RTS, then attached an x-mount to hold my cel. That 1/4 inch screw broke off at the base where it attached to my bars and my phone fell off. My phone is now either in my shirt pocket or safely tucked away in my trunk. Todays smartphones are too expensive to lose or to break...I bought a gps. It was cheaper.

Tri-Axis Chrome Handlebars
    Sena SM10 BT Dongle
    Double USB Port/Volt meter
    LaMonster Magic Mirrors
    BajaRon Swaybar
    HALO Skid Plate
    Spyder Pops Rear Running Lights Turn Signals/Brake Light
    Spyder Pops Mirror Running Lights/Turn Signals
    Shorty Antenna
    LaMonster Cat Delete
    Akrapovic Muffler
    FOBO2 TPMS
    Rear Trunk Rack
    Bruce Erickson

Chilliwack, BC
    Canada
    You know when a politician is Lying. It's when his lips are moving!

2014 RTS-SE6 - Cognac

intro to m/c 1949 Royal Enfield 500cc thumper