Spyder Garage

Default Maximizing 2020 RTL trunk

I am planning some summer trips on my 2020 RTL. Does anyone have a good lead on luggage that will fit the new trunk? So far, I've thought of 2 soft sided saddlebag liners so my wife and I can each use the space. Any other suggestions?

Spyder Garage

Sounds like you have a good idea. I just went to the garage and put two or our Hopnel soft saddlebag liners into the trunk of my wife's new 2021 RT Sea to Sky and they fit nicely. It's nice to know that their usefulness transfers from her 2012 RT to her new Spyder.
    2012 2012 RT-L and 3015 RT-S , 2012 - red and 2015 black (way too black)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

All depends on how cheap (I mean, frugal) you are. Unless I was planning on either multiple trips or very long trips, I wouldn't use bags at all. I'd use some drawstring laundry bags in the trunk and frunk. The drawstring laundry bags will conform to every little nook and cranny unlike a "bag" even if it's form fitting. The drawstring laundry bags don't look as elegant as "luggage" but they work much better. If you're insistent on using "luggage", see what Lamonster has.

Spyder Garage

I was looking at the Hopnel saddlebags since their measurements seemed to fit. Thanks for checking that out, Arion. I know they are not the most sturdy of bags so I am open to other suggestions.

Spyder Garage

I don't have "luggage" for my RT, but if you want to get a decent amount of gear in the frunk, trunk, saddle bags, you may consider going with some compression type case or bags. You lose the wheels and the handle, but you can pack a lot into them. Actually if you can find a small enough travel bag or backpack you can compress the contents and put them in the backpack.
    I haven't used them with the spyder, but I've used them for other trips.
    I've used these and I like them

https://www.amazon.com/LeanTravel-Co...14275514&psc=1

I'm sure there are others that are just as useful and/or better depending on what you're looking for.

Spyder Garage

Having accumulated several helmet bags over the years, I use them on multi-day trips to separate 'off-bike' from 'on-road' clothes. As Monk said, no wasted space. When I get to motel, only carry in the off-bike bag.
    '20 Spyder RT: Bajaron swaybar. Vredestein tires, Pedal Commander, Elka front shocks, GPS/USB/12V handlebar mount, Heli-Bars, Radar Detector, KOTT grills & vents, Shad top case, chin & DRL LEDs.
    2020 RT base , Chalk White

Spyder Garage

Hopnel are the bags to go with. Check out Lamonster Garage. You buy all the bags separate except for the 2 saddlebags in one set. Total Cost around $110. They don't fit perfect, but close enough and they are soft sided so you can stuff them in place.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Agree on the Hopnel bags, great price and very good sizing. The quality is only adequate (but fair for the cost), just be careful as you use the zipper - it's easy for the lining to get stuck in it.
    2020 RT Limited in the ultra cool Deep Marsala Dark edition.

Baja Ron Anti-Sway Bar, LED reflectors, Lamonster USB Charger (and phone mount), Can-Am Low Windshield, X-Creen Tour Variable Windscreen Spoiler Blade, Power Commander, Dilithium powered Flux Capacitor (not yet fully functional).
    Maintained by Lou at Pirate Powersports.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MONK View Post
    All depends on how cheap (I mean, frugal) you are. Unless I was planning on either multiple trips or very long trips, I wouldn't use bags at all. I'd use some drawstring laundry bags in the trunk and frunk. The drawstring laundry bags will conform to every little nook and cranny unlike a "bag" even if it's form fitting. The drawstring laundry bags don't look as elegant as "luggage" but they work much better. If you're insistent on using "luggage", see what Lamonster has.
    I'm also thinking of laundry bags, and/or compression bags. With that system you can mark the bags or color code them in some way that you know what's in them and not have dig through a large bag of stuff. I have not looked on Amazon but I suspect they have various sizes that would work nicely. Probably save a dollar two over the luggage method. It's all a matter of choice.

Spyder Garage

Exactly which Hopnel bags a are you using for the saddlebags on the 2020 RT-L and which bag for the trunk, they make several different sizes. I also saw where Lamonster has a 2 piece bag for the 2020 RT-L frunk which I like.
    2020 RT Limited Chrome , Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MRH View Post
    ...just be careful as you use the zipper - it's easy for the lining to get stuck in it.
    The Achilles' heel of my Hopnel frunk bag.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

Wife and I use kids small backpacks. One in each saddlebag. Or both in the trunk with room to spare. Tom
    Baloo is my name. Spyders are my game. Well, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, yes, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, I mean a doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee-dee-doo. And, well, now. Ha ha! What have we here?

2020 Petrol Blue Metallic RTL

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RayBJ View Post
    Having accumulated several helmet bags over the years, I use them on multi-day trips to separate 'off-bike' from 'on-road' clothes. As Monk said, no wasted space. When I get to motel, only carry in the off-bike bag.
    I was going to suggest helmet bars and you beat me to it! I think we have three laying around now.
    2018 RT Ltd - Asphalt Metallic - East Valley of Phoenix
    2018 RT Ltd Chrome - Champagne Metallic - Lake Stevens, Wa

(Champagne/Hooker) Magic Mirrors, 360 LED head lights, BajaRon sway bar, H&R springs and shock adjusters, dash cam, foam grips, third brake light 4 LED strobe for 7 seconds and then on steady, rear LED turn signals/8 ohm 50W resistors, sequential turn signals on front fenders, Vredestein and PPA Orb wheels on front and General out back, and driver backrest.

Things that move between machines: Ikea sheep skins, Zumo XT GPS, and extra tools. Hooker is going to be my summer trike up North; and Hookie my winter trike down South.

(Asphalt/Hookie) Elka shocks on front - BajaRon sway bar, OEM driver's backrest, LED headlights, dual USB with voltmeter, dash cam, foam grips - Magic Mirrors - front tires Vredestein Quatrac SL on PPA ORB Chrome wheels.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Tango View Post
    Wife and I use kids small backpacks. One in each saddlebag. Or both in the trunk with room to spare. Tom
    Is this her?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2018 RT Ltd - Asphalt Metallic - East Valley of Phoenix
    2018 RT Ltd Chrome - Champagne Metallic - Lake Stevens, Wa

(Champagne/Hooker) Magic Mirrors, 360 LED head lights, BajaRon sway bar, H&R springs and shock adjusters, dash cam, foam grips, third brake light 4 LED strobe for 7 seconds and then on steady, rear LED turn signals/8 ohm 50W resistors, sequential turn signals on front fenders, Vredestein and PPA Orb wheels on front and General out back, and driver backrest.

Things that move between machines: Ikea sheep skins, Zumo XT GPS, and extra tools. Hooker is going to be my summer trike up North; and Hookie my winter trike down South.

(Asphalt/Hookie) Elka shocks on front - BajaRon sway bar, OEM driver's backrest, LED headlights, dual USB with voltmeter, dash cam, foam grips - Magic Mirrors - front tires Vredestein Quatrac SL on PPA ORB Chrome wheels.

Spyder Garage

I’ve had Hopnel for my RT and work great. They’re flexible and can hold a lot when you squeeze them in the unit.
    2021 Sea to Sky, 2013 RT Ltd, 2005 Bombardier Outlander ATV

Spyder Garage

One word, trailer! There would be no way my wife could fit all her stuff in just the bags on the RTL.
    2021 RT Limited , Deep Marsala Red Metallic (Dark)

Spyder Garage

If you buy fitted luggage, it too is taking up space. Just use some soft shell duffel bags for optimal space in all compartments. The only so called advantage to the custom stuff is that some of it has wheels...which ALSO take up space. Custom luggage is the biggest space taker in itself
    2021 RT Limited

2016 RTS , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

I git this one, just fits in Ftruck but can compress also

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by K80Shooter View Post
    Exactly which Hopnel bags a are you using for the saddlebags on the 2020 RT-L and which bag for the trunk, they make several different sizes. I also saw where Lamonster has a 2 piece bag for the 2020 RT-L frunk which I like.
    I bought all my Hopnel bags off of Amazon. It asks what bike you have and I typed in checked Can AM Spyder RT 2020. I bought two saddlebags, 1 frunk bag, and the trunk bag is two bags one large one small. Cost was right at $100 Bags fit well and are of decent quality.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mazo EMS2 View Post
    If you buy fitted luggage, it too is taking up space. Just use some soft shell duffel bags for optimal space in all compartments. The only so called advantage to the custom stuff is that some of it has wheels...which ALSO take up space. Custom luggage is the biggest space taker in itself
    The hopnel bags I just bought would qualify as custom fit and they take up no more room than a garbage bag. All of the bags fit in the appropriate compartment very nicely.