Spyder Garage

Default 2021 SEA TO SKY led floor boards

I just purchased the LED integrated floor boards for my 2021 S2S and wanted to know if anyone had done this before and how hard it was to install?
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 03-13-2021 at 01:42 PM. Reason: Prefix & title - this is a 'How do I?' question not a 'How To: DIY' guide. ;-)
    2021 RT S2S , Highland Green

Spyder Garage

If I understand you correctly - that is LED lighting strips for S2S floorboards - go to SlingMods.com and watch their How To video. I watched it yesterday. It was research n the event my wife is interested in those for her new 2021 RTL S2S.
    2012 2012 RT-L and 3015 RT-S , 2012 - red and 2015 black (way too black)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Arion View Post
    If I understand you correctly - that is LED lighting strips for S2S floorboards - go to SlingMods.com and watch their How To video. I watched it yesterday. It was research n the event my wife is interested in those for her new 2021 RTL S2S.
    OEM and Slingmods units are completely different. Slingmods stick on, OEM bolts on. Slingmods has you run a wire (1 for each side) up to the front fenders where you need to buy their Y adapter and plug into the OEM fender lights along with a flasher inline. OEM units connect together and are powered by the OEM GPS plug.

These are the official instructions for the OEM units:

https://instructions.brp.com/content...mber=219401038

Spyder Garage

I cannot help you with the install info. My comment was for you to share a picture or two once you get it done. Saw them in the demo, and would for sure get them if I had a S2S.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ARtraveler View Post
    ...would for sure get them if I had a S2S.
    FYI---They fit ALL 2020+ RTs, regardless of trim level.

Spyder Garage

Thanks you so Much as the lights orders are OEM. I really appreciate your help and link to the instructions. I will post pics when completed.
    2021 RT S2S , Highland Green

Spyder Garage

I purchased the Can AM version running board lights & installed them. The polarity was backwards on the OEM GPS plug. Once I reversed that the right running board light worked but not the left one. I checked all the connections & tested the plug on the driver side connection with a test light & it wasn't getting any power. Then I noticed the right side was going off & on when I stepped on the running board. I couldn't figure out what was going on. I will call BRP tomorrow & see what they say. This is what I found on the website where I purchased the lights.

https://can-am-shop.brp.com/on-road/us/en/warranty.html

I called BRP and told them the left running board didn't work & the right one turned off & on when I stepped on the running board. They said they would ship me a replacement set & I would received a email that day with a tracking number. The email never came so I called back. The first rep I spoke to said they had no record of me calling. He then sent me two emails & it stated the running boards had to be in the original box, never open or installed. The operators they use are all overseas and listen to your complaint & then transfer you to another rep. In total I was transferred four times and was on the phone for over an hour. Finally I got to what I believe was a operator in the United States. I was on the phone with him another 30 minutes. BELIEVE ME THIS WAS A BEATING. This operator said he emailed me some more paperwork & he said he was emailing me a return shipping label & I had to ship back the defective running boards before they shipped the replacement ones. this was all totally different than what the other guy told me days before. So I took the running boards back off the Spyder and bench tested them using a 12-volt power source. The right one lit up however I could not get it to flash anymore when I bumped it. The left running board didn't work & as before I used a test light and there was no power coming thru the wire to it. I boxed them back up. So far I have not received a return shipping label. I have the running boards really to ship & I guess we will see what happens in the next couple of days.

Never again will I purchase another item or accessory from BRP Can Am. It is not worth the trouble or headache. I have not had any dealings with Slingmods or Spyderpops but I have to believe based on what I have read their customer service is far better. I rank Can Am right up there with XM Sirius Radio and OnStar, horrible.

Update: Last week I sent an email to the BRP Accessories stating I still have not received the return address label & today they replied they don't sent out return address return labels. Great. The customer service continues to get worst.

07/21/21 - I received the replacement running board lights from BRP/Can Am today. As soon as my bike comes back from the shop I will test the running board lights before I install them this time. Thanks

07/27/21 - I got the running board lights installed last night. All working good now. Thanks
    Last edited by George1; 07-07-2021 at 10:51 PM. Reason: More info added

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by George1 View Post
    Then I noticed the right side was going off & on when I stepped on the running board. I couldn't figure out what was going on.

https://can-am-shop.brp.com/on-road/us/en/warranty.html
    I would start by looking around that floorboard for either a pinched wire or a loose connection.
    2020 RT Limited Chrome , Petrol Blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

i have installed three sets not bad at all

Spyder Garage

K80shooter I promise there are no pinched wires. I called BRP this morning & they said they would ship me a replacement. So we will see.

Hey Fat boy, are you saying you have installed three sets and they were all good & worked okay?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by George1 View Post
    K80shooter I promise there are no pinched wires. I called BRP this morning & they said they would ship me a replacement. So we will see.

Hey Fat boy, are you saying you have installed three sets and they were all good & worked okay?
    Ok then there is a break in the wire causing it. The wires are so tiny that they will break at nothing, that or a wire was not crimped right at a connector. I had the same problem with some sequential leds that I installed. It wound up being a bad ground crimp connection which caused my problems.
    2020 RT Limited Chrome , Petrol Blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

yes sir about to install 4th when they get here

Spyder Garage

I will be adding a cheaper option. My "go to" for anything LED has always been Oznium, so I plan on purchasing some of their strip lights to add to the running boards.
    The only thing that I am waffling on is color. I'm not sure if I want white or amber.

--Exco

Spyder Garage

I went with the ones from Tricled for my S2S. I took the floor boards off to apply and they go all the way around the floorboard, including underneath. That was one reason and the other was I really liked that they blink white and amber with the blinkers. After looking at the wiring for the BRP one I don't think I could have done that one as easy. Wiring cables are connected under the bike with that one and I haven't got my Big Blue lift just yet. . Tricled was just run down the frame and connect under fenders. Like most things it depends on your level of aptitude for such things.
    Attached Images Attached Images