Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Deputy Dog View Post
    Just bought the Adventure windscreen for my wife's Rally. Haven't gotten it yet just ordered yesterday. I like the F4 a lot but needed the smaller one which isn't available yet, been waiting for several months now. The Can Am adventure has a 30 day return policy and F4 has no return policy. So we went with the Adventure, will see how it goes.
    Deputy - how high does the Adventure windshield sit - are you looking through it or over it? Any chance you can post a head-on pic so we can see what it looks like? I know the F4 windscreen is pretty tall and I'd be looking through it if I went that route.

And as a point of comparison, I'm 6 ft tall with the stock seat

Edit: actually just a close-up pic of just the adventure windscreen would be great - my dealer didn't have any to show so all I have to go on is the website & catalog - it looks like it has a vent or something in the middle near the bottom?

Spyder Garage

3Wheel I don't have the windshield yet it is on it's way here now. The windshield is for my wife's Ryker and she wants to look over the shield also. She is only 5' 3". We were planning on getting the F4 shorter version but they just haven't gotten it to market yet. When we get it I can try and takes some pics, but here is a YouTube video of the shield and it being installed and comparing it to the sport windshield. It is done by Ryker Rydes she does a lot of install and comparison videos.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yp0HxQ7Nv64 I think this will give you a good idea of the size and if it will work. Also it adjust up and down about 3 or 4 inches. Can Am give a 30 day return policy. I ordered it Saturday and it should be here by this Wednesday.

Spyder Garage

Deputy - Thanks for the link to that video - very helpful! Not sure why BRP added that cutout & second deflector to the Adventure windscreen but I still think I'd get the Adventure over the Sport

Spyder Garage

Here is what I started off with with a video so you can see it installed as well (yes I have the F4):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AP-IxzjAFkk&t=16s

I will be adding more stuff ... 3 piece luggage, sway bar, etc ... coming soon

Spyder Garage

Floor boards from Lamonster mak a huge difference. My feet used to hurt after about 45 minutes on the hard stock foot pegs. Not any more.... ever.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jvclarke View Post
    Floor boards from Lamonster mak a huge difference. My feet used to hurt after about 45 minutes on the hard stock foot pegs. Not any more.... ever.
    Did you get the longer diamond Floorboards? Was it really worth it? I am struggling a bit to justify the cost as I have bought the max mount, passenger seat, and passenger backrest in the last 3 months... including buying the bike.

My feet do hurt though - which there were cheaper options...

What does everyone use for boots? Maybe that will help?

new to the forums and NEW TO RIDING after turning 50 last month
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 02-22-2024 at 04:47 PM.
    2020 600 , Bike

Spyder Garage

I personally like a taller windscreen to protect from bugs. I bought a generic 18" tall one, extra long supports(12") and mounted it to the original ryker windscreen mount and the handle bars. So far so good and no bugs.

Spyder Garage

Has anyone tried the CalSci windshields for Rykers?
    Great products. I've installed them on 2 motorcycles but not a 3WV.

https://motorcycleinfo.calsci.com/SpyderRykerprod.html
    Last edited by ryu1867; 02-23-2024 at 09:41 PM.
    2023 900 Sport , Nitro Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ryu1867 View Post
    Has anyone tried the CalSci windshields for Rykers?
    Great products. I've installed them on 2 motorcycles but not a 3WV.

https://motorcycleinfo.calsci.com/SpyderRykerprod.html
    I have the CalSci medium height windshield on my 2019 Rally. I had tried CanAm Sport windshield installed by the dealer at purchase but found it too small for my 6 foot height and buffeting was severere . At the time (in early 2019) the CalSci was the only other screen available. CalSci provides measurement instructions based on rider height that allow the rider to select from several coverage options according to desire to look over or through. Thje CalSci mounting system also results in a fair amount of windscreen flex while riding but has been durable.
    2019 Ryler Rally , Shock Yellow

Spyder Garage

For our two ryker's the first things that we installed were a F4 windshield. This is a must for highway riding speeds. We have one with clear shield and the other is tinted, both are very nice I could chose either as being good. The second thing that we replaced was the stock seat. If you drive any distance at all you'll find out how uncomfortable the stock seat really is. We went with Corbin seats, which were a little pricey but well worth it for what they have done for us. My wife has a 4 level titanium cage in her back and with the Corbin seat she can do love 5 hour plus rides with no issues. This alone showed me the quality that Corbin seats were, so I got one for myself and regretted not getting it at the same time as for her. Another good add on was the BRP floorboard which you can get off of slingmods for under $100, there are also good for comfort while riding we have found.