Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Spyder Garage

Wonder what's up with the Black paint on my new engine? F3???

20210525_065133.jpg
    2021 RT LTD Petrol Blue DARK delivered 9/22/20
    New Engine @ 500 miles 4/8/21 - 5/21 due to oil leak in block
    https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...400-miles-HELP
    2018 RT-L , Blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Don't the F3 have black engines? Should not really matter same 1330.

Spyder Garage

Why the loose fastener in the left of the photo.

As for the painted surfaces on the cases. Bonus in my opinion, less corrosion to be concerned with.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I agree!! Loose ground wire can be seen in the photo!!!!!!
    20210525_065133.jpg
    2021 Sea to Sky RT , Highland green

Spyder Garage

Good catch!! I cant get down in there to look due to my knee so thank you very much you guys are awesome!!!!

Feels like the other Two are good - recheck latter this week.

I was hoping I wouldn't find to much missed so far, were up to TWO.

They lost the small push pin and replaced it with a one to small and the splash cover in front of your foot was loose.

I was able to get that nut tightened up without looking at it since I cannot get on the ground yet. I can, just getting off of the ground is the issue. lol rolling around is not my way of having fun!
    2018 RT-L , Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bluewoo View Post
    Ok, the air box is clean and dry. I sprayed simple green on everything to see if this will help as I ran out of brake clean.
    Thanks for the help and recommendations LOL as Im just frustrated. I can see above the alt and its dry around it as nothing is wet on top and around the oil filter area, but the filler tub is hard to see but looks dry. If the secondary air box( throttle body) is dripping oil this would be exactly where it could be coming from but cannot get me hands near it.
    I'll keep everyone posted, and I'll re check the oil too!

Thanks again!!
    Happened to me once - checking oil before leaving on a long trip. About 3-4 miles in started smoking! Found oil not a lot, just wet) on top of engine. Lost several hours until I realized the handle for the dipstick wasn't fully seated!! That last little 1/8 turn is hard and it must click into place.

Spyder Garage

Update: 6/2/21 So far it's been good. I did get the brake failure warning lamp yesterday-hope I just had my foot resting on the brake pedal and it didn't come back on after restarting it.
    Installed Lamonts bolt kit for the mirrors, confident this will be a good upgrade.
    Hope to do some good riding this weekend as the weather looks good here in PA.
    Found this little three cyl is $10 grand so the Service dept wasn't B.S. ing me about that.
    Click link and scroll to bottom, wow.
    https://www.can-amparts.com/oemparts...otax-crankcase
    2018 RT-L , Blue

Spyder Garage

The big thing about having some thing like this done to a piece of equipment is to take the time and look it all over real well!! A LOT has been touched under her skirt and she's not a virgin any more, make shore now that every things tight and leak free!! Good luck, happy miles!!!
    2012 RTL , Pearl

Spyder Garage

My New 2020 RT Spyder (bought in February with 1.2 miles on it) is leaking oil due to porosity in the case. I have asked BRP to replace my engine due to the porosity in the engine. Unfortunately for me they said no, we don’t want to replace your engine. Apparently, the fix is to take some special epoxy and use it as a barrier to prevent oil from leaking from the area on the case where the porosity is. Just thought I would let you know and see if any other owners have seen this to.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Boy I would not accept that H.S. repair.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by rolick22 View Post
    My New 2020 RT Spyder (bought in February with 1.2 miles on it) is leaking oil due to porosity in the case. I have asked BRP to replace my engine due to the porosity in the engine. Unfortunately for me they said no, we don’t want to replace your engine. Apparently, the fix is to take some special epoxy and use it as a barrier to prevent oil from leaking from the area on the case where the porosity is. Just thought I would let you know and see if any other owners have seen this to.
    My dealer said that BRP gave them that option, he told them I would not except it that as a repair and requested a new engine. Call BRP again and tell them you want the engine replaced as this could be a machining issue internally and epoxy is not going to fix it.
    This leak had pressure behind it. I used form a gasket as a test and it got blown out going to the dealership, and I explained to them everything and showed them the video too. New engine is listed for over $10k! There problem not mine!!!!
    https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...g5b2JYZElaUVZ3
    2018 RT-L , Blue

Spyder Garage

Unhappy

Update: 6/2/21 So far it's been good. I did get the brake failure warning lamp yesterday-hope I just had my foot resting on the brake pedal and it didn't come back on after restarting it.
    Installed Lamonts bolt kit for the mirrors, confident this will be a good upgrade.
    Hope to do some good riding this weekend as the weather looks good here in PA.
    Found this little three cyl is $10 grand so the Service dept wasn't B.S. ing me about that.
    Click link and scroll to bottom, wow.
    https://www.can-amparts.com/oemparts...otax-crankcase
    My dealer said that BRP gave them that option, he told them I would not except it that as a repair and requested a new engine. Call BRP again and tell them you want the engine replaced as this could be a machining issue internally and epoxy is not going to fix it.
    This leak had pressure behind it. I used form a gasket as a test and it got blown out going to the dealership, and I explained to them everything and showed them the video too. New engine is listed for over $10k! There problem not mine!!!!
    https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...g5b2JYZElaUVZ3
    Have not read all 80+ posts just the first and last 10. So maybe this has been answered.

To bluewoo;
    When they determined (BRP) that the engine needed to be replaced was there ever the option of getting a replacement spyder instead?. I mean the engine cost $10K the crank case $2K and then there is labor, right? And if something is torqued right or a wire not attached, etc.. and how about my time having to take to and from dealership to have inspected. Waiting for answers...... , BRP authorized and shipped ultra violet dye on July 6th. dealership bought Dye lite from snap tools and will let me know what was discovered hopefully today. Have a total of 265 miles on a machine that I have owned since March 6th 2021.

hoping for the best (preparing for the worst) that it is just a simple to fix leak,

Spyder Garage

BRP really needs to step up and take care of its customers with out all this BS. They are selling units as fast as they make'em and BRP should get it's motor supplier to take care of casting porosity.What major auto or motorcycle company would treat it's customers ( with motors that leak oil as a brand new unit) like this?????
    Kaos----- Gone but not forgotten.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by TicketBait View Post
    Have not read all 80+ posts just the first and last 10. So maybe this has been answered.

To bluewoo;
    When they determined (BRP) that the engine needed to be replaced was there ever the option of getting a replacement spyder instead?. I mean the engine cost $10K the crank case $2K and then there is labor, right? And if something is torqued right or a wire not attached, etc.. and how about my time having to take to and from dealership to have inspected. Waiting for answers...... , BRP authorized and shipped ultra violet dye on July 6th. dealership bought Dye lite from snap tools and will let me know what was discovered hopefully today. Have a total of 265 miles on a machine that I have owned since March 6th 2021.

hoping for the best (preparing for the worst) that it is just a simple to fix leak,

I posted this in another forum also. I had a small leak on my 2021 spyder RTL also. It was on the right side and the oil leaked down the front and across the bottom towards the rear of the bike. All on the right side. It was a small leak, I never added oil just small leaks on the floor. I found the leak after about an hour of running the engine @ 2500 to 3000 RPM's. It was a small oil plug by the oil filter. I was able to tighten it about 1/8 turn and have been over 1500 miles and all still dry. I have pictures if the leaks sounds like its in the same area as yours. I started looking for the leak just so I could show the dealer where the oil was coming from.
    2021 RTL Chrome Deep Marsala
    HELI Bars
    Garmin Zumo XT
    USB power port
    Front fender lights & Sequential turn signals
    Front LED Auxiliary light
    Flashing brake module TricLED
    Baha Ron sway bar
    belt tensioner
    RLS muffler

2021 RT Limited , Marsala Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by TicketBait View Post

To bluewoo;

Sorry, I haven't been on for awhile!
    The dealer just called one day and said a new engine was being installed..only told me more info when I was picking it up afterwards about BRP wanting to JB weld it.
    Thats all the info I have.
    Hope you can get yours corrected quickly - please keep us posted.
    2018 RT-L , Blue

Spyder Garage

Had the same thing wrong with my 2021 rt limited 3,000 miles Was at dealer for 2 months BRP said they were going to do the epoxy and give me a 10 year warranty. Dealer pulled the motor applied epoxy. Got up to running temp and oil still leaking. I called BRP customer service and finally they agreed to ship new motor. Lucky for me they were in stock. Got machine back 2 weeks now and so far all is good. BRP customer service # I called to open a claim 1-800-882-2900. Noticed the other day oil leaking back to dealer good news is it was over filled by a QT of oil. Not by the dealer but by the dealer I bought from. Dealer cleaned air filter and installed new air filter so should be good now. People!!!!!!
    Last edited by BOBNH; 05-10-2022 at 07:57 PM.

Spyder Garage

I'll be getting my 2021 RTL back from the dealer for a major oil leak on the engine due to the timing chain adjustment plug being loose. It had 1.2 miles when I brought it home. I noticed alot of oil all over the engine when I installed the torsion bar, but just thought it being new, it came that way. The next day, after putting on it's first 45 miles, I had a large oil puddle under it, and the bottom belly pan was full of oil. Called the dealer and they said to get there as soon as possible and they would take care of it. Roelefsons in Toronto, S.D. They are awesome.

I am hoping that I didn't get a lemon. Things didn't start out so good.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 05-10-2022 at 08:36 PM. Reason: home.I & puting... ;-)