Spyder Garage

Default Anybody using Slingmods Front chin lightbar?

I know brp have an auxiliary light for around $265 for the spot but came across this slingmods video/product and was wondering if any of you guys have used it.

https://www.slingmods.com/canam-spyd...-light-bar-kit

I would have preferred it if I could use the existing auxiliary power harness instead of pulling off the Tupperware and adding a new harness even if it provides a switch. I already am using 1 of the switches for my garage door opener and in the event I ever add heated seats to my RT the other switch would be needed.
    2020 Spyder RT base
    2020 RT , Chalk White

Spyder Garage

I totally agree. I like it better but not worth the work. And I have the RT Limited so the garage door opener is taking my only available switch

Spyder Garage

oem goes on n off with headlights,you may be able to power from that connection. I wonder if SM is significantly brighter that they feel it needs it's own switch?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by woods View Post
    oem goes on n off with headlights,you may be able to power from that connection. I wonder if SM is significantly brighter that they feel it needs it's own switch?
    I am not sure compared to the OEM version but their “marketing” video of this one shows a significant difference with it on and off.
    2020 Spyder RT base
    2020 RT , Chalk White

Spyder Garage

Big diff with oem also but light is focused more directly in front and sides.Low on the road rather than reaching out.

Spyder Garage

I bought this light off of amazon (it comes with two actually). Fit perfectly in the snout hole. While it didn't have a match for the end of the provided cable there was enough cable to pull out and solder and shrink tape them. Comes on with the machine coming on. Very bright. As someone mentioned the light is low and close to the front of the machine. $25.00 for two lights.
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Doc McCoy View Post
    I bought this light off of amazon (it comes with two actually). Fit perfectly in the snout hole. While it didn't have a match for the end of the provided cable there was enough cable to pull out and solder and shrink tape them. Comes on with the machine coming on. Very bright. As someone mentioned the light is low and close to the front of the machine. $25.00 for two lights.
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    I used this one. The bracket fits perfectly in the opening and the screw holes line up. In either case you will have to splice into the OEM harness behind opening. Pretty easy. I highly recommend you install a switch because you will get a lot of vehicles flashing their lights at you. I used the blank switch on the console to install an on/off switch. pm me if you want detailed installation instructions. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00XU6OI18...xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==
    GLIDE-ON>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"Blue Belle" 2021 RTL Chrome in Petrol Blue
    2021 RTL Chrome , Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

I installed the AutoFeel lights Doc McCoy used and it absolutely destroyed reception on the radio. Ordered ferrite core chokes to put on the power wire going to the light to no avail. Tried the other light, same result. Research shows this can be a common problem with LED lights.
    Doc did you experience this?

Spyder Garage

I never thought of the possibility of radio interference. Considering I like using the radio more than night rides I might hold of on the light...
    2020 Spyder RT base
    2020 RT , Chalk White

Spyder Garage

The chin light is not helpful at night. In fact, it will annoy oncoming drivers due to the scatter and brightness. It's a daytime running light to improve your visibility so others have a better chance of seeing you. I used an 5'' LED similar to Doc McCoy and added a switch to turn the light off at night. I do not have radio interference.
    '20 Spyder RT: Bajaron swaybar. Vredestein tires, Pedal Commander, Elka front shocks, GPS/USB/12V handlebar mount, Heli-Bars, Radar Detector, KOTT grills & vents, Shad top case, chin & DRL LEDs.
    2020 RT base , Chalk White

Spyder Garage

Yeah, I am going to hold off on it for now. The double A arm lights and the led Reflector replacement is lighting up the front enough for now. I will look at other mods for the time being or just try get some smiles on the odometer for now...
    2020 Spyder RT base
    2020 RT , Chalk White