Spyder Garage

Default Checking on how to fit F3T Fox Rear Shock?

Hi all, I am retro fitting a Fox Podium 2.0 remote canister rear shock on a 2017 F3T. I just want to check on the fitting - there is the hose at the bottom of the shocker that goes to the remote canister; there is also a red adjuster knob on the top of the shocker that comes out the same direction..... It looks like the hose should be fitted pointing to the front of the Spyder as the canister is mounted on the right side frame rails by your knee and that would make a more less straight line to the canister. If it points to the front of the bike, I was worried about clearance to the swingarm on movement, but if I rotate the shocker around 180 degrees to give more clearance to the swingarm then the hose may get close to the tyre.

Just being overly cautious. Has any one got this shocker on their F3 or can anyone tell me the correct direction? Even a pic would be good. I rang a dealer and they said they did not know as this was a special option, and BRP did not show the part. Thanks in advance.

Stu
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 03-11-2021 at 02:19 AM. Reason: Title clarification

Spyder Garage

OK, found the answer to my question. Sorry to waste your time. I'm used to adjustable shocks having the adjuster rings at the bottom, and someone told me about the BRP part fitting guides site. According to BRP's guides, the Fox 2.0 are fitted with the the spring adjuster at the top and they wind down to adjust. This then puts the remote hose at the top and it sits in a better position. This does put the red adjuster at the bottom, but at least you may be able to reach it there.
    Hope this helps someone else.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 03-11-2021 at 02:21 AM. Reason: Sp