Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Where's JT Thornton?

In another thread a discussion came up about keeping front tire pressures the same. That led me to look for JT's Dual Fill air hose. In the process I see he has not posted on SL since October 2019. His home page ad ended sometime in 2018 based on what I find using the WayBack Machine site. His store website is still alive, www.spyderstore.com, but a good many of his products come up as "Not in Stock." He had/has a bunch of neat products although some have been rendered out of date by newer Spyder models.

Anyone have any idea what his situation is these days? I'm quite sure he's still around since his name does not come up in any obituary sites. I sent an inquiry using the contact form on his website so maybe I'll get some info that way.

You know, it's a little bit sad when someone can disappear off the site and we don't notice it for months or years. Being the community we are I guess we ought to be a little more attentive to such disappearances. Unfortunately it does demonstrate just how dispensable we all really are.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Have not heard anything out of the ordinary. The blank out area fits right in with the pandemic time span. Maybe the business is a casualty to that???

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Sometimes life is too hectic to pick up everything we should.

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ARtraveler View Post
    Have not heard anything out of the ordinary. The blank out area fits right in with the pandemic time span. Maybe the business is a casualty to that???
    His dropping out of sight predates the pandemic by a few months.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

He is still around . Think he has nothing to say.