Spyder Garage

Default 2018 RT glove box won't latch

I have a 2018 RTL and the glove box won't latch. the first time it did it I lubed the latch and it worked for a day or 2. then started doing it again. I tried lubing one more time but no luck. Now I may have to close it 20 times and it will finally latch.
    Is this a known problem or am I just the lucky one. I do have extended warranty but I would just as soon fix it myself. Thanks for any help with this.
    Jerry

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

It's a very sensitive latch. Pushing it down ever so slightly will latch as it requires pushing down to unlatch. So, gently close it, don't force it.
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

SpyderLovers Ambassador Little Blue's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Glove Box

A small problem, just a lite push to make it latch. A little more to get it to release. Been like this since new. ....
    ENJOY YOUR LIFE WITH A SPYDER
    Ryde with a Friend and be Safe

My Spyder .....'Little Blue-Boy'
    2016 RT Limited , Orbital Blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Make sure your frunck is secured properly too that will make the glove box not latch too.

Spyder Garage

Unless they made a change for MY'18, my glove box latch is unrelated to the frunk latch. I can turn the bars hard left or right and lock the bars and glove box with the frunk wide open. I lubricate the glove box latch with a bit of spray silicone.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

Thanks for the help but it is still not latching no matter how lite I push. When I push it down I can hear it click but it won't stay down. The only way it will latch is if I push it down 20 or 30 times and then it will finely latch.

Spyder Garage

For the $50 on a B.E.S.T. extended warranty service charge let the dealership fix the bloody problem for good.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Studeblu View Post
    I have a 2018 RTL and the glove box won't latch. the first time it did it I lubed the latch and it worked for a day or 2. then started doing it again. I tried lubing one more time but no luck. Now I may have to close it 20 times and it will finally latch.
    Is this a known problem or am I just the lucky one. I do have extended warranty but I would just as soon fix it myself. Thanks for any help with this.
    Jerry
    With the lid open push down on the latch. Will it lock into place? If not, try lubing it again. Use a silicone spray lube, not WD-40. Push down on the latch repeatedly with your finger. That should loosen it up. If the latch does lock when you push on it with your finger then look for some interference that is keeping the lid from going down far enough. From what you say happens, and looking at my latch, I think your latch is simply getting sticky from dirt, dust, rust, jam, ice cream, or something like that! In fact you may even try spraying some water down the latch and then use compressed air to blow it out more and dry it.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Yes I have pushed the latch with my finger and it will latch 8 out of ten times. It is clean and I have lubed it with Silicone several times. I will give compressed air a try. I am just about ready for an oil change. maybe I will be able to get a better look at it then. As a last resort I will take it to the dealer.
    Thanks

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Studeblu View Post
    Yes I have pushed the latch with my finger and it will latch 8 out of ten times. It is clean and I have lubed it with Silicone several times. I will give compressed air a try. I am just about ready for an oil change. maybe I will be able to get a better look at it then. As a last resort I will take it to the dealer.
    Thanks
    I think you should take it to the dealer and get it fixed.

Spyder Garage

I think I have it fixed. Today while messing with it I noticed if I pushed to the left when pushing down it would latch every time but if I pushed to the right it would not latch.
    So I took a pair of pliers and tweaked ever so slightly to the left and now it works just fine.
    Thanks for the help