Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default New Sea to Sky missing front speakers!

I picked up my new Sea to Sky and the front speakers are missing from the factory! I pulled the speaker grilles off and there is nothing there. Guess the assembler was out with COVID that day. This is crazy! Dealer is going to fix it. Anyone know what size they are on the 2020s? I want to upgrade anyway.
    IMG_20210308_130115364.jpg
    2021 Sea to Sky RT , Highland green

Spyder Garage

You must be kidding----------- but your are not!!!! No radio check from the factory or dealer????? Amazing
    Kaos----- Gone but not forgotten.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow

Spyder Garage

And you took delivery that way?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Joel The Biker View Post
    I picked up my new Sea to Sky and the front speakers are missing from the factory! This is crazy! Dealer is going to fix it. Anyone know what size they are on the 2020s? I want to upgrade anyway.
    That's crazy! Don't they have quality control checks setup on the line?

Ride safe!
    2022 Sea-T0-Sky

Spyder Garage

what else is missing????

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

The dealer said they wouldnt be able to check the radio before delivery because there is no reception there. I hope the factory didnt forget anything else. I have the whole spyder torn apart and havent found any other issues. This is just another example of poor quality control at BRP.

Spyder Garage

The dealer said they wouldnt be able to check the radio before delivery because there is no reception there.
    I call BS on that ... Never heard of streaming radio or MP3? I'd lean more towards them disappearing at the dealership. Maybe some other owner blew his speakers, and they stripped yours (fully intending to replace them of course) ... then spacing it.
    Half a million miles, and I ain't dead yet.

See my album at https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...p?albumid=5190

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by sKiZo View Post
    I call BS on that ... Never heard of streaming radio or MP3? I'd lean more towards them disappearing at the dealership. Maybe some other owner blew his speakers, and they stripped yours (fully intending to replace them of course) ... then spacing it.
    Ummm, no. The dealer did not take them out. They uncrated it the day before I picked it up and I saw it before assembly. The tech is very good at his job. They cant road test this time of year, but he said they probably would have missed it anyway because there is no radio reception there. And even if they tuned to a station, they might miss it because the rear speakers could drown out the fronts. The front tweeters are there and work fine. I was eager to get it home also. I cant blame the dealer in any way. This is all BRP's fault.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Geez really no speakers thats bad.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I picked up my new Sea to Sky and the front speakers are missing from the factory! I pulled the speaker grilles off and there is nothing there. Guess the assembler was out with COVID that day. This is crazy! Dealer is going to fix it. Anyone know what size they are on the 2020s? I want to upgrade anyway.
    I betcha you paid for dealer prep.......
    2019 F3L , Covid Blue

Spyder Garage

That is pretty crazy to be missing the speakers. I was missing a bolt in the air ride suspension connector but have all of my speakers. haha BTW....can't imagine you wanting to upgrade the factory speakers. They are awesome, of course assuming they are installed.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by agrimm01 View Post
    That is pretty crazy to be missing the speakers. I was missing a bolt in the air ride suspension connector but have all of my speakers. haha BTW....can't imagine you wanting to upgrade the factory speakers. They are awesome, of course assuming they are installed.
    I can understand that. That bolt isn't in place from the factory. If it was, once someone applied power, it would lift the bike up. They keep it as compact as possible in shipping.

Joel---All I can say is "WTF, Chuck?!?".

Spyder Garage

The dealer said they wouldnt be able to check the radio before delivery because there is no reception there.
    There should at least be static to indicate there are speakers in there....
    Greg Kamer
    "It's better to be not riding and wishing you were than be riding and wishing you weren't."

USAF, 20 years, retired
    Sheriff's Office, 23 years, retired

2018 Can Am Spyder RT-Limited

Spyder Garage

I would not have taken/or accepted the S2S spyder.

Did the sales person/or tech go over the spyder with you before you signing the paperwork?

I wonder if the can-am dealership inspected/or checked the spyder before they took delivery!!!!!!!

Where was the Quality control inspector or the supervisor on the production floor????????

What else is missing?????????????????

Deanna

Current Spyder - 2023 F3 LTD Special Mineral Blue

Red LED NANO Saddlebag Marker Lights with Full Illumination
    Sequential Fender LED'S (Amber/Red) with Safety Reflector
    Dual Power Plate (12 V & USB ports)
    Gremlin Bell
    Rear Trunk Organizer (4 holders, 2 Elastic Holders)
    Lamonster "Top Cuff" with adjustable drink Holder
    SpyderPops Missing Guard Belt
    Console Accent Trim (Carbon Fiber Domed Black)
    Ultimate F3 Floorboards
    Front Fairing Service Access Door Covers (Carbon Fiber Doomed Black)
    Sway Bar with Links
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Half Cover
    A-Arm Daytime Dual Color LED Running Lights with Blinker Module
    Hi-Viz DRL and Sequential Mirrors lights

Former Spyder - 2014 RTS SE6 Cognac SOLD
    2023 F3 LTD Special Series , N/A N/A Mineral Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Boilermaker View Post
    And you took delivery that way?
    I agree!

I would not have accepted the spyder that way!

Deanna

Current Spyder - 2023 F3 LTD Special Mineral Blue

Red LED NANO Saddlebag Marker Lights with Full Illumination
    Sequential Fender LED'S (Amber/Red) with Safety Reflector
    Dual Power Plate (12 V & USB ports)
    Gremlin Bell
    Rear Trunk Organizer (4 holders, 2 Elastic Holders)
    Lamonster "Top Cuff" with adjustable drink Holder
    SpyderPops Missing Guard Belt
    Console Accent Trim (Carbon Fiber Domed Black)
    Ultimate F3 Floorboards
    Front Fairing Service Access Door Covers (Carbon Fiber Doomed Black)
    Sway Bar with Links
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Half Cover
    A-Arm Daytime Dual Color LED Running Lights with Blinker Module
    Hi-Viz DRL and Sequential Mirrors lights

Former Spyder - 2014 RTS SE6 Cognac SOLD
    2023 F3 LTD Special Series , N/A N/A Mineral Blue

Spyder Garage

Sorry to hear about your S2S experience. Hopefully, this is a one of a kind and is not the beginning of a rash of bad QC.

Please keep us posted.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I didnt want them to go over how stuff worked on the spyder. That is part of the fun of a new vehicle. Learning how everything works. I just wanted to get it home and start working on it. Even if we tried the radio, it would just be static, which I could here through the front tweeters anyway. Its just one of those strange things that can be missed because you would never expect the factory to forget the speakers. No blame at all for the dealer. This is an excellent family owned dealer that I have done business with for many many years. If anything, its partly my fault for being in a hurry to get it home. I simply never expected the factory to forget to install parts.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by artraveler View Post
    hopefully, this is a one of a kind and is not the continuation of bad qc.
    ftfy.

Spyder Garage

After I retired from my life's career I worked PT selling RVs. Every RV we sold was demonstrated to the buyer. We operated EVERY feature. Every thing, right down to each light bulb. This was done regardless of the buyers experience owning RVs. Good dealers do this and both seasoned and new customers appreciated the attention to detail. I don't think the dealership I worked for was unusual. You may have high regard for your dealership but as far as I am concerned they failed you as a customer..... Jim
    2005 Windveil Blue Premium Mustang Convertible
    2008 Honda GL1800/California Sidecar Trike, SOLD
    2014 Platinum Silver Satin Spyder RTL, SOLD
    Semper Fi

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Maybe you accidentally ordered the S2S-S model! (-S, the Silent version )

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by canamjhb View Post
    After I retired from my life's career I worked PT selling RVs. Every RV we sold was demonstrated to the buyer. We operated EVERY feature. Every thing, right down to each light bulb. This was done regardless of the buyers experience owning RVs. Good dealers do this and both seasoned and new customers appreciated the attention to detail. I don't think the dealership I worked for was unusual. You may have high regard for your dealership but as far as I am concerned they failed you as a customer..... Jim
    That does (2) very good things. First, it's great customer service. Even though ALL owners manuals cover EVERYTHING in detail (well, you know, except for the Spyder audio system ), there are always some things a new owner doesn't know about. Lots of us are on our 2nd (or 6th) Spyder and still have those "really? I didn't know about that" moments. Second, it's one final quality control check. "And this switch is for the exterior lights." "Oops. Doesn't look like that light came on. We'll get that fixed before you leave." Neither Spyder dealer even attempted to do something like that. The 2nd one just acted like they didn't care (and probably didn't know jack about it anyway). The Honda dealer where I leased my car DID do that and asked me if I had any more questions. (And set up the electronic gizmos, etc.) Makes me want to go back.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by canamjhb View Post
    Like I said before, I refused the orientation. I know the tech and told him I didnt want to go over the bike's features. They did offer. I was running short on time and had a1 hour return trip home. Blame me, not the dealer if you want.

Spyder Garage

Joel, keep the faith. You know what you have enjoy it and disregard these old codger nasayers.

SpyderLovers Ambassador Little Blue's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Get er done

Enjoy your New Ryde Time and the Smile Miles. ....
    ENJOY YOUR LIFE WITH A SPYDER
    Ryde with a Friend and be Safe

My Spyder .....'Little Blue-Boy'
    2016 RT Limited , Orbital Blue

Spyder Garage

Like I said before, I refused the orientation. I know the tech and told him I didnt want to go over the bike's features. They did offer. I was running short on time and had a1 hour return trip home...........
    Been there before myself. Time is short and and things to do. When I picked up any new car & bike from dealerships I refused "orientation". They said come back anytime if any questions/issues/problems. I was good to go since I read the manual a couple times while waiting for build & delivery. I did inspect and go over every option myself for almost an hour before signing. Sometimes things happen & you or dealer will miss something - not a biggie since they will make it right. Enjoy your new Ryde.
    ----
    Joe

2023 F3